Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.L. Paranami
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. M.L. ParanamiYour feedback matters!
I am having headache and back pain from past few days I have tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
When I go to study or sit for study every time I suffer sleep. Or muje nind ane lagty hai jisse mera study nahi ho pata, haven't any addiction. So what I do pls suggest. Bcs M more back in my career do to main cause.
Dear sir/madam, I am a 39 years old male and I have so many back pain problems. What should I do. So please kindly help me.
Resp. Sir, I have suffered back pain from 15 days and also travelling by bike daily, and what can I do sir.
Hi, I am soma. I am 23 years old. I have knee pain without swelling. Even I don't know the reason why I got the pain. I thought it may be skipping.
Hello Doctor my self amit gupta I am 25 year old man I have heavy pain in my back side I use the voleny spray but no relief what should I do doctor please tell me.
My mom age is 35 years . Her toes are cracked and feeling pained while walking. How come this be solved.
I am 17 years old male my problem is leg pain at the knee once a month or some other patterns I have suffering this problem from child. My brother also suffering the same problem and I have not consulted any doctor advice please give me some advice.
Avascular Necrosis, also termed as Ischemic Bone Necrosis or Osteonecrosis is a medical condition characterized by the bone death on being deprived of blood. The condition is known to occur in the shoulder, ankles, and knees. However, the part of the body most affected by Avascular Necrosis is the hip. In this article, we will describe the conditions that contribute towards Avascular Necrosis of the hip along with the associated symptoms.
Factors that lead to Avascular Necrosis of the hip
The supply of blood to the bones may be interrupted by a myriad of factors some of which include
1. Certain medical conditions and health disorders such as
- Gaucher's disease: A genetic disorder resulting from glucocerebrosidase enzyme deficiency. As a result, glucocerebroside gets deposited in the cells of the macrophage-monocyte system.
- Sickle cell anemia: A genetic disorder which results in the RBC's appearing like a sickle cell instead of being round shaped.
Both of these conditions bring about a significant reduction in the supply of blood to the bones resulting in Avascular Necrosis.
2. Extensive and prolonged use of corticosteroids: Often used as non-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids can play a contributing role, resulting in Avascular Necrosis (non-traumatic). The fatty substances are usually broken down by the body. However, the use of corticosteroids may affect this breakdown as a result of which the fatty substances start piling up in the blood vessels, constricting their size. The constricted blood vessels, in turn, reduces the supply of blood to the bones to a great extent.
3. An injury or a fracture affecting the femur: A hip fracture or a dislocation that affects the upper half of the thigh bone or the femur acts as a potential threat, triggering a traumatic Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of the hip.
People who are into heavy drinking stand a greater risk of suffering from AVN. An increased consumption of alcohol causing constriction and narrowing of the blood vessels interfering with the flow of blood to the bones.
Symptoms characteristic of AVN of the hip
- Unfortunately, the initial stages of AVN are asymptomatic. However, as the condition progresses into later stages, a person may experience pain and discomfort, particularly while exerting pressure on the bone affected by the condition.
- As the bone and the adjacent joints deteriorate and collapse further, a person may experience great difficulty in using the joint altogether.
- In some cases, the condition may progress and affect both the hips (Avascular Necrosis Bilateral).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!