Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. M L BansalYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, My Father is suffering from heavy knee pain. Please suggest you What I am doing best treatment for him
I got pain in my right shoulder and arm upper part. Went to doctor did xray and they found I had spondylitis of neck. Gave me med now no. Pain in neck area but still right shoulder blade under arm and upper arm. What could be wrong with me.
My father got injured in a road accident 2 days back on 22nd Nov. He suffered severe head injury, left leg below knee is completely crushed and also got injured in collar bones. Since then he is in neuro ICU and still unconscious after 2 days. Doctor says there is clotting in brain stem and it is very deep. While he is under complete surveillance, doctor says that one can only wait and he cannot be operated in brain stem. What should I do?
I am 23 yrs old and I am suffering from neck pain for a long time. I am an it graduate working with an mnc. Please advice.
I am student and I suffering from last three years by a knee joint pain and swelling. This pain create in cold and rainy season more. Also this problem is increases after walking or running.
My mother is having back pain from last few years tried everything Allopathic Homeopathic Ayurveda still the same please help.
I am biren, I have leg joint pain. From tv add I bay one product after that I feel some relax but now I feel more pain before. Please help me.
In medical terms, Osteoarthritis is referred to a disease of the joints. It mostly affects the cartilage or the slippery tissue, which helps to cover the ends of bones in a joint. A proper cartilage helps in gliding of the bones one over the other. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage’s top layer gets damaged or breaks down. This leads to rubbing of the bones and swelling, pain or loss of motion. As the time passes by, the joint may lose its shape. There is also a possibility of developing bone spurs from the edges of the joint. This causes pain and damage.
People suffering from osteoarthritis often complain of joint pain and experience reduced motion. Unlike the other kinds of arthritis, this affects only the joints and does not interfere with the working of internal organs. It is the most common form of arthritis. It mainly occurs in older people. In younger ones, osteoarthritis may occur due to joint injuries.
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
It is caused due to ageing. But there are certain other risk factors that have to be kept in mind. This include:
- Excess body weight or obesity
- Old age
- Joint injury
- Improper formation of joints
- Defective genes
- Stress on the joints
What are the symptoms?
It can develop in any joint in the body. But it mainly occurs in the hands, knees, hips, and spine. The symptoms that indicate towards its occurrence are as follows:
- Stiffness in a joint, especially as you get out of bed or sit for a long period of time
- Swelling or tenderness in the joints
- A crunching feeling
- Sound of bone rubbing
It cannot be diagnosed by a single test. It takes several methods to detect its symptoms. Therefore, a combination of tests are conducted, including physical examination, X-rays, blood tests or examination of the fluid in the joints.
How Is It Treated?
It requires a combination of treatments to meet a patient's needs, as per his or her lifestyle, and health. The treatment has four main goals:
- To improve function of the joints
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- It is important to control the pain
- Efforts to achieve a healthy lifestyle
The treatment plan or sketch will involve focus on the following things:
- Weight control
- Rest and joint care
- Techniques to get relief from pain without the use of drugs
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 17 years old boy. I have pain in my shoulders from last 3-4 days. I study late night sitting on chair. I have tried lots of medicine but no held. Please suggest something.
I had a severe lower back pain from last few days and I had used almost all home remedies but no effect is seen what should I do now.
I am 55 years old & sportsman. My right knee cartilage is down. Is there any medicine to get back the cartilage or cartilage can be refilled. I am a badminton player.
I am 39 male. I have spinal operation for born 15 days baby. Then I am married and I kid. I have suddenly come out urine, and some time potty also. The Doctors said its not curable. Still I have back pain. What can I do. Help me. Pls.
I am feeling discomfort and feeling heavy on my right knee joint (upper part) like something is being pushed inside. But there is no any pain and looks normal while walking as well. There was no injuries or trauma, It just occurred suddenly. Please help me.
I do have a problem in my ankle, it is not moving freely because I had a fracture few years back and then I got two surgeries but still it is not moving freely. Please recommended something.
I am 26 yrs old I had an injury in my leg couple yrs ago but now I am fine but some time I feel pain in my left leg knee. Is there any treatment or any useful exercise? please advice me.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.