Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M.K.VasistaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from body pain and headache since one month and Due to this I am not able to work properly and even I am not able to concentrate on my studies what should I do to prevent this?
I am 60 years old and a 22 year diabetic. For the past 6 months I am having pain at the bottom (heel) of the leg. The pain is especially severe in the morning after waking up. I had consulted doctors, who had advised me that it is normal and wanted me to have Brufen when the pain is accute if not live with it. I tried with Homeopathic but even after almost 20 days no improvement is there. Can you suggest a remedy?
I am suffering from cold and throat pain for previous two days. I already take honey tuss and crocin advance for weakness and body pain.Please tell.
Hello sir, I am suffering from body pains at last one week. Like back pain, legs pain, hands nees pain. Am soo sad of this pains. What can I do please tell me.
Dear doctor, I am doing job, No stress & tension. But I am feeling tired & body pains. Weakness. Please suggest me a tonic or pills for health.
I am a house wife. I often suffer from muscle pain and body and pain. Neither I don't do any hard work nor I walk so much. That pain start at night. I can't sleep because of that. Can you please help me with that?
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
Pain can be a debilitating condition if it is not managed in a timely manner and on a constant basis. One can experience pain in various parts of the body due to a variety of reasons. While the main reason includes conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis and another nerve, joint or muscle problems, there are many other kinds of pain that may occur due to accidents and sports injuries. Disc herniation and conditions like diabetes may also give rise to pinched nerves which can cause pain.
It is not possible to constantly pop pills and get injections for the pain that lasts for a prolonged time. Yet, this does not necessarily mean that you will have to live with the pain. There are a number of ways in which you can manage pain without having to take medicines at the drop of a hat. Here are a few measures that you can take in order to treat pain.
- Weight Loss: In case you are on the overweight side, it would be a good idea to lose those extra pounds and kilos. Excess weight usually puts pressure on the affected area and creates even more pain. Therefore, if you are more fit, there is less chance of suffering from extreme pain.
- Exercise: While rest is a good thing, being on your feet and moving at regular intervals is also required in order to deal with the pain. If you are constantly lying in bed in one position, then there will be pressure on the joints and the nerves, which can create even more pain. Therefore, you should keep changing your positions and take mild to moderate exercises like walking and swimming, in keeping with approval and recommendation from the doctor.
- Rest: Taking rest is just as important as exercise. When you are going through pain, it would be a good idea to give rest to the affected area so that there is less pressure on the same. You should rest in the proper position so that one does not twist or elevate the area in a wrong way.
- Physiotherapy: This is another method that most doctors recommend. Getting the right kind of physiotherapy is important as it can help in creating core strength for the surrounding muscles and joints of the affected area. This will keep the pain, inflammation and stiffness away.
- Hot and Cold Remedies: Heat therapy and ice therapy are two recommended ways of treating pain. If the injury is new and the pain acute, then one may resort to the use of ice packs to gently bring down the inflammation. Hot showers and heat packs can also bring relief to the area so that the pain is soothed away. One should be careful while using either method so that the temperature does not cause burns and rashes.
- Maintain Good Posture: Most people have poor posture when going about their daily activities, putting unnecessary strain on their backs. Little things add up. Keeping the right amount of curvature takes pressure off the nerves and will reduce pain. Get into the habit of sitting correctly. It may not feel comfortable initially because your muscles have not been conditioned to support you in the correct position.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have got a body pain since 4 days I am unable to play so what medicines I have to take or creams to get relief from the pain.
Electric pads, hot water bottles, and gel packs or moist such as damp clay packs are the common hot agents used for hot therapy.