Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M K NarulaYour feedback matters!
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.
Hello, I and my partner have intercourse on 13 June, 1 Pm, but due to some reason protection failed, so because of fear she took ipill on 14 June, 9 AM, her period r regular on 22 but as today is 22 ipill is showing no reaction, her period does not come today I know we should wait but is there any chances of pregnancy after taking ipill within 20 hrs - - please tell I am worried please And I have calculated about safe period so does it make chances less.
Drinking plenty of water, often considered to be between eight to ten glasses per day, provides many benefits, including preventing and relieving tight and cramped muscles related to dehydration. However, tight muscles can have a variety of causes and might require dietary and lifestyle changes to adequately deal with.
Minerals, electrolytes and water are all needed for normal muscle tone and function. Calcium is especially important for contraction, magnesium is needed for relaxation, and water for firmness and electrolyte exchange.
Athletes commonly have tight muscles and also people who are under stress. Tight muscles lose their flexibility and might become painful to the touch. Mineral deficiency, especially magnesium, can lead to muscle tightness, twitching and maybe even restless leg syndrome at night. A lack of electrolytes, such as sodium, interferes with nerve conductance to muscle fibers and results in tightness and spasms. Poor blood circulation hampers the minerals, electrolytes and water getting to muscles, which can cause symptoms.
Most of us drink a lot of beverages but it has either caffeine or alcohol which can both lead to mild dehydration.
Simple ways to reduce muscle tightness
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol.
3. Eat bananas and foods rich in magnesium and use seasalt with food.
4. Do stretching exercises
5. Try massage to relieve pain from tight muscles.
If pain and tightness persists consult a health practitioner for evaluation and treatment.
Hello, can you please me, HSG when it is suitable to do it, I mean, period k kitne din bad, please help me.
I am 25 years old female, recently married. From 3 months my period is coming within 12-15 days. Feeling tired. Is there anything serious about this?
I have been on carbimazole from 2 months. My initial readings were tsh <0.001 t3= 3.8, t4=20.9. Now after 2 months my readings are tsh=0.01, t3=1.5, t4=9.2 I am still on carbimazole 20 my in a day. However problem is m planning to conceive. Will these medication cause abnormal mentally challenged baby. Or will it affect my baby.
I have taken blood beta-hcg test for pregnancy, a week after day of missed period. It was < 1.2 miu\ml. Can I confirm pregnancy or was it too early to take the test, as I took it 37 days after lmp?
She is pregnant from last four months but now these days she feel immediate little pain daily at lower part of abdomen what is the reason.
Hello, What is the correct time to have sexual intercourse, but pregnancy should be avoided? Please answer.
Hello, Me and my husband are 26 years old. INfact he 3 months younger than me. When is the best time for us to plan for kids? I heard that having kids after 30 years is a bit complicated. Please advise.
It is your tasty and quick remedy to beat the Mumbai summer and avoid heat strokes.
- It prevents excessive loss of sodium chloride and zinc from your body due to excessive sweating.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C and thus a curative for blood disorders.
- It increases the elasticity of blood vessels and helps in the formation of new blood vessels.
- It acts as a tonic increasing body resistance against tuberculosis,anaemia, cholera and dysentery.
My wife has yeast infection (candida). This cause me lot of problem after intercourse. Does male also are carrier of these type of infection. I am in doubt because after 7-8 days my organ heal automatically. Is there any homeopathy medicine Avila that can cure this problem effectively.Please tell sir.
High-calorie, high fat, high-sodium, and high-carb chinese food dishes can spike blood sugar dramatically and keep it high for a while. The biggest offenders include fried entrees such as orange chicken and sweet and sour dishes, which contain breading and are served swimming in a sugary sauce.
Have this instead: if you enjoy chinese food, prepare a modified recipe at home using steamed veggies and low-sodium, low-fat condiments and flavorings. Reducing sodium can help lower blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart attacks. Skip the white rice and noodles; have brown rice or wild rice instead.
Hi doctors, I am 23 yrs female, type 1 diabetes for 10 yrs! My last menstrual period is on 12th august 2015 n still I haven't got my period. Usually I ll have 30 days cycle. I had sex on 5th september. Is der a chance that I could be pregnant? 26th sept V took blood test -HCG n it says 6.39 (normal is 5.3) does this means im pregnant? Meanwhile i am having mild mastalgia for past 10-15 days! Pls advise thanks.
I am 37 weeks pregnant. Lmp was 14th april 2016. I had sonography which told me that placenta is grade 3 and mature is there any kind of risk due to mature placenta?
Hi. I'm 26 years old and having 8 months old baby. I was weighed 60 kg in my pre-pregnancy and now I'm 84 after my pregnancy. I just want to reduce my weight and be healthy. What should I do to reduce my weight and what diet should I take? Kindly suggest. Thanks.
I am having leg cramps from the start of my pregnancy. Now I am 6 month pregnant and cramps get increased with time. Can I do some exercise. If yes then which kindly guide.
Sunbathing is something we associate with expats from western countries but we should be doing it too or take vitamin D supplements especially around 50 years of age. This is vital for bones. An increased intake of salmon sardines egg yolks and milk may help too but may not be sufficient so supplements come in.
Accordingly people between 19 to 70 years of age need a dosage of 600iu (international unit) a day and above 70 years of age the dosage is 800 iu a day. And upper limit is 4000 iu. Hence go on and get some sunshine and avoid the pills.