Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. M.K KapoorYour feedback matters!
What are the dangers of having high colas Tirol? Can other problem develop? Are there things I can do at home or in my life to reduce cholesterol?
Im 70 years old. Having B P CONTROLLED. With tab it is 140/75-80 average sugar bet 7.0 to 7.5 average 200 with 20 units daily at night. Wt--76-79 kg my knees are paining if I sit with knee folded. I can'otsit wth folded knees for 15 to 20 minutes.
I have a pain in my left chest after a long run. I want to know how this happen n how can I protect from this.
How do you interpret cholesterol levels both my hdl and lsl are above normal but controllable how do you bring this back to normal levels. Thanks.
My heart beats upto 100 bpm or more and my blood pressure is 160\90. Am a 16 year old boy. I can feel my heart beats. Is it is any problem?
I am 29 years old unmarried got bp of 180/110 three months back Dr. advice medicines now his bp is normal around 130/80 Dr. stopped medicines but in the evening times it rises to 140/90 again at night around 8 o clock my bp level falls to 120/80 is it normal condition.
I am a 22 year old male. The problem is that I have realy low pulse rate. Ie 40-50pulses per minute. I feel exhausted if I run a little. But I am not clear cause everyone becomes exhausted if running a bit. I do not have any other problems like heart pain or any problems in inhaling. I also smoke. Please help me with the information.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.