Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.K GuptaYour feedback matters!
My kid is facing motion problem from last one month and also dejection is very less. Can you suggest what will be solutions for this. Thanks
My 2year old boy getting bleeding from nose. He z 7th mnth born baby. Doctor suggested only nasal drops. Is it enough? R any necessity to change food habits?
My new born baby (13 days) is crying wen I lay her in bed. She is showing irritations. She is also crying while passing urine. Is dat is a pblm pls rly.
I want to ask you about my three year old son, every month he got fever, cold and cough, I always take care of him but every month I have to take him hospital for medicine. And pediatric Dr. said ,immunity was week thats why he gets cold and fever. Sir please tell me what to do.
My baby is 15 days old, it was c sec delivery. My problem is my milk production is low I'm already taking lactare and perinorm from last 5 days but still it's not improved so much. I'm depressed please help.
My daughter is 3 year old. She is having cough since last week. We have given her cough syrup but no effect. Kindly suggest what we should give her. She used to cough at nights.
My nephew 7 year old facing nosebleeds from last 3 years. Consulted 2 3 doctor but they say it happens due to weak vain of nostril. Please suggest me what should we do.
I have 2 month baby. When she sleeps we can hear sound from her nose. So we consult the Dr. they told mucus only in nose not in chest. After 2 day she has same sound also do. Cough and sneezes. Can tell remedy?
My kid is 2.8 years old, started going to school few months ago. His teacher was complaining about his hyper activity in classroom. We observed the same in our home as well. He started pushing kids and getting horse sometimes without reason. We are tensed to see this type of behavior. Please suggest any resolution.
My niece is 15 month old. She is suffering from intermittent extropia which comes n goes since she was 10 month. We took. Her to pediatrician eye specialist. The doctor explained she is having squint in both eyes .The vision in her eyes is 20/20. He mentioned the only option is eye muscle surgery at the age of 4. We wanted to know as this the only option for her. We need to evaluate her eye checkup at 6 month interval. What we have observed that nowadays that she is not squinting frequently its like 3 or 4 times a day. Pls suggest some other. Options for her.
Hi, my two years baby girl some tym holds her breath at the tym when she fell down or crying literally. What we need to do in this situation? Pl suggest. She doesn't response. Her face become pale and she become faint totally.
my daughter suffer from cold and she is 11 months in age chest sounds and vomiting when she take feed ,respirate tough
What are hypothyroid symptoms in toddlers of age 2 years. My baby is over weight and is told to do thyroid profile and Bsl by our pediatrician. My baby is 20 kg and age is 2 years. So please tel what are chances dat my baby must be having des problems. I was diagnosed with sub clinical hypothyroidism during pregnancy and was also having gestational diabetes (well controlled). please suggest some help for my child so dat he will not gain more weight Thank you.
Hello doctor, I have small question. From my father side hereditary tuberculosis disease s there. I'm a mother to three months old son. Is there chance of getting primary complex or TB to my son or not. I'm little worried in this. Please guide me.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination