Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.D Ifthkar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. M.D IfthkarYour feedback matters!
My husband is having issues with his back. I know it's chronic back pain but his symptoms are tight/stiffness in lower back when laying flat and getting out of bed, painful to twist, bend and lift, sitting and standing starts hurting at about 10-15 minutes, needs to constantly change positions when sitting standing or laying down, lower lumbar feels week, constant sharp pain.
Our skeletal structure is truly a work of art however, when we are faced with bone related disorders, our lives is no less than a roller coaster ride. Arthritis is one such ailment which can really alter the quality of life of a person who suffers from it. Taking into account the impact, would it not be good to know the symptoms of early arthritis, so it can be detected before it gets too bad?
There are a few symptoms of the condition, but it is to be noted that the intensity of the symptoms even in the earlier stages of the issue do vary widely. As a matter of fact, the problem can be developing for months on end without a person even knowing that he or she has arthritis while on the other hand, there are quite a few cases in which a person is provided with an almost instant ‘notification’ that arthritis has started having its degenerative impact on his or her joints.
What signs to watch out for?
There are three areas that need attention if trying to detect arthritis:
- Knees: When a person is in the process of developing arthritis, the signs he or she should be aware of include his or her knees being shaped like an outward curve; if he or she is developing the condition in the knee. Apart from this, a limp can also be seen for a lot of people who develop arthritis which affects the joints which bear the weight of the body. The best example of this is a case of arthritis affecting the ankle or the knee.
- Neck: If a person has a near constant pain in the lower back or also of the neck, he or she should be aware of the fact that there could be arthritis developing and it is important for a doctor to be consulted about the same.
- Fingers: In some cases, the signs of arthritis may not even be the cause of pain to a person. This is true when a person begins to develop something such as Bouchard’s node; which affects the fingers when arthritis begins to set in on the digits. These nodes are not painful, in most cases, but, it is to be kept in mind, that they have the ability to limit the motion of the fingers which are affected.
Arthritis is something that can and should be limited to as far an extent as possible, rather than being allowed to worsen a person’s condition and not allow him or her to have the freedom he or she is used to having in life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Recently, I met with an accident and my left wrist got fractured, I consulted an orthopedist. My doubt is should I remove the neck sling while sleeping?
I am 35 years old and have spodelosis. My left arm pains. I have tingling in ring and small finger, wrist pain swelling on shoulder above breast which causes pain in breast as well. Please advice what should I do ?
I am working from past 6 months so total 8 Hours and tattoo I have to be seated in front of computer onlu. So, niw am facing severe back pain unable ti bear the pain kindly suggest to reduce the pain and help me out of this back pain.
Hi. When I wake up in morning my legs below knees used to pain daily n specially the ankle joint n foot. Can you suggest me something..
Hi my age is 24 I used to masturbate 4 times weekly now I stopped it. After stopping there is semen leakage in urine which is causing back pain, knee pain, feeling sleepy, getting tired. Reply me as soon as possible.
Suffering from spondylitis pain travel from armpit to hand along with bone in arm suggests. Some medicine and exercise.
Sir I removed my both fore arm plates removed on march end and as per my doctor advised pop done for more than 35 days but still heavy pain in right shoulder and neck and how many days shall I take rest.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis:
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.