Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.D.Goswami
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.D.GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old female having blood mucus in urine. Would like to know what is it and if I need to consult a doctor for it. or else should I take up any antibiotics to get rid of it.
Hello. Firstly I'm thankful to you for creating such a helpful page. I want to know that how can I get rid of obesity, n regular chronic constipation, and also um suffering from PCOD.
A team of researchers has discovered the connection between masculinity energy drink use and sleep problems. Many energy drinks have high caffeine content when consumed in excess caffeine can accelerate the heart rate increase anxiety and contribute to insomnia.
Men who perceive energy drinks as'magic potions' for performance enhancement the study suggests are better served moderating their consumption
World Health Day, celebrated on the 7th of April every year, is sponsored by the WHO and several other health organizations. It is observed by all the member states of the World Health Organisation. The adage 'Health is Wealth' wouldn't have had much importance anytime in the history of humankind than now. In spite of increased life expectancy, there has been a surge in the incidence of deadly diseases, and the onus is on the health organizations to reduce the trend.
Health for all being the theme for this year's Health Day, WHO & other organizations are focused on providing access to various health services to people who cannot afford them. As per a survey conducted by the WHO, it was estimated that at present approximately half the world doesn't have access to health care services and approximately 100 million people are pushed to poverty every year due to health costs.
The vision of WHO is to extend health coverage to 1 billion people by 2023. While the health organizations and world leaders are working towards enabling the entire humankind to have access to health services, we can also do our bit in moving a step towards healthy living.
In the light of the universal health coverage launched by the WHO, here are some of the basics that you can follow to stay healthy and fit:
- Eating Healthy Is Important: What you eat, is who you are. Eating simple, cooked meals instead of packed or readymade food will keep you away from the unhealthy elements such as bad cholesterol and extra calories. Including a lot of vegetables and fruits and ensuring a balanced meal every day, is crucial for a healthy life. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped as you actually break your fast in the morning. Skipping breakfast can make you crave for food, thus leading to consuming more calories than required. Starting your day with a power-packed breakfast is the first step towards a healthy life. As a bonus, your day turns out to be more productive as well.
- Exercising Regularly Is A Must: Exercise and food are like two sides of a coin, and if you want good health, you can ignore neither. A minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity three times a week is a must to keep your spirits high.
- Get Rid Of Your Vices: Smoking causes significant harm to your lungs and can result in several lung diseases including lung cancer. Hence, quitting it is a necessity for a healthy and disease-free life. Alcohol abuse is another problem that you need to get rid of, as it increases the risk of problems such as liver disease, high blood pressure and in the worst case stroke & heart failure.
- Stress Needs To Be Managed: In the 21st century where the world is highly competitive than ever, stress has become the new enemy of both mental and physical health. Everyone experiences the stress of some kind day in and out, therefore it is essential to learn how it can be managed. Yoga and meditation can help in relieving stress. Also, indulging in hobbies and sharing a laugh with your loved ones are great stress busters as well.
- Sleep Is Crucial: Your job may not allow you to follow the circadian rhythm. Never mind, but at least, you must allow yourself a sound sleep of 6-7 hours. Sleep is crucial for your body parts to rejuvenate themselves and prepare for another 16 hours of efficient work.
- Health Check-ups Are A Priority: 'Prevention is better than cure' and that is exactly the reason why regular health check-ups are most important. As they do not just help you stay up-to-date with your daily health issues, they will also alert you to any future health risks. These check-ups will also enable your doctor to plan your treatment better in case of any health issues. Some common tests that you can go for our blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose level, body mass index, dental check and cleaning, self-check for changes in breasts in women and others.
Mankind is fortunate to have made a significant advancement in the field of medical sciences and increasing average life expectancy and treating many deadly diseases. However, universal coverage of health services is still a distant dream which the WHO and other organizations are working to achieve. On this World Health Day, as an individual, take a pledge to follow these steps and start living a healthy & happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vaginal candiasis can b cured. Is that leads to HIV. N if sexually active person can Have this problem. So intercourse shud b stopped? N wat can cause more.
Please suggest me. Home remedies for pcos treatment? And also I am suffering from black discharge everyday.
This is the first time I am experiencing the change. I am trying to have a baby. I am staying with my husband since 4 months (he works out of india).in this 4 months; 2 months I had regular periods. Then the 3rd month there was no periods as well as no positive pregnancy, late after 28 days I got my periods. This month once again my periods are 10 days late. I had a pregnancy test on the 7th day and it was negative. I so want to be pregnant please help me. I am not staying in india fr now and I am not financially so good to take up the tests in this country as they r too costly. Please help. My bisa end my next month. What shall I do.(i always had regular tym to tym periods)
My question is if I have unprotected sex and he comes inside and the same day I start birth control is there any chance I could be pregnant?
What's the safe period for sex? I mean which days are safe for having sex as per menstrual cycle, whiteout precautions?
Motherhood is a life transforming phase that all women look forward to. With the conception of a baby, a number of physiological and psychological changes take place within the mother’s body. Soon there will be a number of restrictions in the kind of food a mother a can consume, the activities that a mother can perform, the way she sleeps or sits. These restrictions are put so as to allow the baby to grow and develop safely. The restrictions prevent injuries and accidents that can be quite fatal to both mother and child.
Sitting Postures You Must Avoid
Do not sit straight on the edge of the chair. Provide a support to your back.
Do not sit in a way that pressurises only one side of your hips. Evenly distribute your weight when sitting down. Be comfortable.
Do not sit at the same place and in the same position for extended time periods.
Do not twist from your waist when you are sitting on a rotating chair. Instead, slowly move the chair along with your entire body to turn around.
Standing Postures You Must Avoid
Avoid standing with your pelvis tilted forward or backward. You must stand straight with your stomach held in and up as much as possible.
You must not slouch while standing.
Do not stand in the same position for an extended period of time.
Do not put your weight on one foot. Shift weight occasionally if your feet are hurting, but make sure to evenly distribute the weight.
Do not bend too much backwards or forwards.
Do not keep your head tilted down or sideways when you are standing. Look up, look straight.
Sleeping Postures You Must Avoid
Lying on your stomach
Sleeping with pillows under your shoulders. Pillows should only support your head.
Do not sleep all curled up. Relax your feet and hands to allow the blood circulation to continue smoothly.
Do not jerk up from your lying position. Turn to the side, swing your legs down to the side of the bed slowly and sit up using the support of your hands.
Activities You Must Avoid
Hard core gyming
Intense aerobics that include a lot of jumping
Lifting heavy weighted objects
- Travelling by public transport on a jerky road.
If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.