Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi m 27 years female my height is 5 3" my weight is 80 kg m surfing from pcos married past 3 years after taken siphene 100 gm in July I got pregnant last mnth I miscarriage due to blighted ovum my D.
I am 50 years old female. My periods have stopped and now slowly I am developing moustache. What must I do to remove it?
I Am 30 years now, i am having an 5 year old kid , i am planning for an second baby and i taken an test that doctor told me that i am having an pco problem . Is there is any risk to get preganant ? my periods is 30 days gestation now.
What is the best diet for a woman who has just conceived? What should she avoid eating? Which exercise she should do?
I am a 30 years old female and my problem is my period is not normal I had 2 children's and both are cesarian and I got family planning immediately after second birth. Just now I checked thyroid it is normal. I am fat and my weight is above 100. Kindly suggest me some foods and how do I reduce my fat for my normal period every month thanks.
My age is 36 and am female complete regularly doing morning walk for 45 min please give me a tips for walk like how to do and food also.
Hi Sir. I had my first C Section on July 11th of this year. Right from C section I am having pain on my belly button down right side. May I know what is the reason. Please help me.
Female Orgasmic Disorder
Persistent or recurrent delay in, or absence of, orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase . It was formerly known as inhibited female orgasm. Some researchers called it Female Orgasmic Dysfunction.
Strong negative signals from psychosocial system result in female orgasmic disorder . In our culture, the female has been forbidden to accept herself as a sexual being. Girls as they grow up, deny their sexual feelings in order to conform to society's image of 'good' behavior. Later, as a woman, she resists the experience of orgasmic response. Anxiety and guilt feeling due to religious orthodoxy can cause this dysfunction . The idea that it is woman's duty to satisfy her husbands makes her inhibit her own sexual response. A woman may have an orgasm with masturbation by stimulating her clitoris, with partner's manipulation or with oral-genital stimulation, but not during intercourse. Similarly, a woman may be orgasmic during intercourse, but not with other kinds of stimulation.
The organic causes for this dysfunction are multiple sclerosis, spinal cord trauma or tumor, nutritional deficiencies, diabetic.
Neuropathy and severe arteriosclerosis . Chronic illnesses impair orgasmic responsiveness by affecting libido and generalHealth.
The treatment is based upon the information indicating woman's attitude towards sex, the degree of her open-mindedness and her physical responsiveness. The first goal is to help the couple to stop behaving toward each other in hostile or in negative ways so that they can create an erotic aura in their relationship. They are provided information about sex to counter myth and misunderstandings that stand in the way of woman's response to sexual stimuli.
The couple is given instruction to practice 'Sensate Focus' exercise for 3 days. On the next 3 days, after the couple has experienced feelings of closeness and intimacy in pleasuring each other, they proceed to genital play.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
Hi, I am 34 years old female 38 weeks pregnant as on date. My due date is 8th March 2016 and my first day of last menstruation period is 2nd June 2015. I'd like to understand that my pregnancy was formed only after the 2nd June 2015. Is this correct?
The term menopause refers to the dearth of menstrual periods for a stretch of 12 months. Although the average age for women to attend menopause is 51 years, the range varies from 45 years to 55 years. It is this span of 10 years that is defined as perimenopause meaning “around menopause”. During this time, a hormonal shift affects the process of ovulation and menstrual cycle.
Common menstrual cycle changes during perimenopause:
While a normal menstrual cycle has a particular flowing pattern of progesterone and estrogen, perimenopause doesn’t show any such pattern. Spotting and irregular bleeding are often faced by women as a result. Other changes include very long or very short periods. There could be months when periods might not occur at all. Some other changes include sleep disturbances, urinary changes, night sweats, changes in sexual desire etc.
Close to 25 percent of all women reports heavy bleeding during their perimenopause. Sometimes this condition is known as hypermenorrhea or flooding. The blood flow can be so heavy that even pads might not be able to contain it. Heavy bleeding might lead to anemia as well. At times there could be a feeling of faintness. If all these conditions prevail, it only indicates a loss in blood count. Some quick fix to excessive bleeding include intake of soup, thick juice etc. Intake of NSAID thrice a day also decreases the blood flow by a good 30-40 percent.
Prolonged bleeding is a bad sign and should not be ignored at any point. It is wise to visit a doctor or a healthcare professional to know more about the cause of bleeding. Doctors often suggest tests to understand the blood count and level of iron present in the body. Iron pills have been known to replace blood cells and fight anemia.
Other ways of treating heavy bleeding is progesterone therapy. If all else fails, a doctor might suggest hysterectomy. It is wise to explore a less invasive method before deciding to remove the uterus.
A woman going through perimenopause bleeding often experiences hot flashes. This is a symptom where a woman might feel hot and sweaty all of a sudden. It is often followed by cold shivering.
Disturbance in Sleeping-
Approximately 20 percent of the women facing perimenopause reports sleep disturbances. Mostly, a woman goes to sleep at the right time but wakes up very early in the morning without getting any sleep throughout the day.
Excessive bleeding in the perimenopause phase can lead to vaginal walls becoming drier and thinner. There are instances where women report of wear and tear in the vagina walls leading to dissatisfaction during intercourse.