Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.ChawlaYour feedback matters!
I'm trying to conceive. My last period was September 27th with regular periods of 28 days. Yesterday night I travelled around 450 kms by car. Next day morning I find White discharge smell like egg and curd and slight itching. Is there any issue.?
I'm having tummy pain while my periods and sometimes so tired and back pain while period please suggest me some medicine or exercise or home remedy fr this.
Hello Doctor, Just want to know that. My period came to 28 July to 1 August. So what will be the my first day of ovulation? And last day of ovulation after period? And how would I know what will be the date of no chance of pregnancy if my husband ejaculates inside me? Please help me to know better. Thank you,
Sir I am pregnant my child go down in belly that is dangerous or not if it dangerous what can I do for it please tell me.
Hi my aunt having lump in her right breast .so we took mammogram scan they said BIRADS 4 .any chances of breast cancer please explain to me about this.
Health benefits of pineapple
1. An anti-inflammatory agent
Pineapple hails from the bromeliaceae family, after which one of its most important health promoting compounds, the enzyme bromelain, was named. The complex mixture of its substances can act as a pain reliever, blood thinner and anti-coagulant, as well as an anti-inflammatory agent. Long story in short, it is nature's aspirin.
2. Cure for constipation
This miraculous fruit aids in the natural digestion process. The high quantity of fiber helps in the formation of stool and its quick movement though the tract, while the enzyme bromelain is known to help in the breakdown of protein. Pineapple juice, in particular, serves as a great laxative that cures constipation.
3. Helps in burning fat
even though it contains sugar (extremely beneficial for growing kids), the amount is not so overwhelming. Plus, the amount of fat is negligible as well, making it a go-to-snack for the ones trying to shed kilos. The soluble fiber content contributes to a delayed digestive process, which helps to control hunger pangs and indirectly accounts for a boost in metabolism and calorie burn" says bangalore-based nutritionist. Dr. Anju sood.
4.Good for the eyes
Pineapple is a rich source of vitamin c, anti-oxidants and minerals like manganese and potassium. It helps fight against cell damage and reduces the risk of macular degeneration, an eye disease that affects older people. It is also a good source of beta carotene, essential for eye health.
5. Regulates blood pressure and hypertension
Medical studies have established that a cup of pineapple contains (low amount) 1 mg of sodium and (high amount) 195 mg of potassium, which is vital for bringing down the blood pressure to a state of normalcy. Potassium is an essential mineral which helps in regulating blood pressure in the body.
6. Counters infertility
If you are a woman struggling to conceive, pineapple can help. The presence of a considerable amount of folic acid makes this possible.
7. Vitamin powerhouse
Pineapples pack a tremendous nutritional punch, containing vitamins a, c, e, and k, minerals like potassium and calcium, electrolytes and phyto-nutrients like carotene. They are a rich source of anti-oxidants, which fight against free radicals in the body, preventing cell damage. These anti-oxidants can protect you from diseases like atherosclerosis, heart diseases, arthritis and various cancers. Vitamin a and vitamin c are a boon for the skin as well" we usually recommend two servings of any fruit a day, and pineapple can certainly be one of them on a daily basis. 100 gm of the fruit is sufficient, provided it is consumed during the first half of the day" adds Dr. Sood
Homeopathic treatments are usually considered to be safe and effective for the long-run. But the biggest challenge in this kind of treatment is to forecast its length. Homeopathic treatment depends upon a multiple factors. A homeopathic doctor takes every aspect of a patient's lifestyle into account during the treatment. Therefore, the treatment takes a long time. It should be allowed to take place at its own speed. It also depends a lot on the participation of the patient.
Factors that Determine the Length of the Treatment:
The length of the treatment varies from one patient to another. It depends upon the nature of the patient. Here are the essential factors that determine the length of the treatment:
- Patient's Vitality and its Level: It is assumed that younger people are more active and vivacious. They are dynamic and respond quickly to the treatment. For people who live a dynamic life, the symptoms appear and disappear rapidly. For example, even if you are an old person but still active as compared to the people of your age, you will respond to the treatment better than others.
- Social Background of the Patient: The treatment depends largely on the patient's social background and the nature of life he or she is leading. A patient might be poor but has mental peace and is active than a rich person. It is important to understand the social behavior, activities and mental or psychological issues of the patient also.
- Nature of Physical Pathology: There is no correlation between the length of the treatment and the type of disease. It must be clearly understood that the type of disease doesn't influences the length of treatment. While a minor skin disease may take months to disappear or even years, a more dangerous and chronic disease may respond quickly.
- When did the first symptoms occur: Suppose a patient developed a mental disorder five years ago due to any incident in the family. Later, when the treatment begins the patient will take five months to recover. Therefore, it is important to mark the exact time when the first symptoms occurred.
- Hereditary Links to the Disease: In case the disease has hereditary links, it takes longer time to get rid of it.
- Presence of Responsible Factors in the Patient's Life: If the interfering factors that aggravate the disease in the patient are still present in his or her life, the treatment will undoubtedly take longer time.
- The level of healing that the patient is looking for: The patient must understand what he or she is looking for in a homeopathic treatment. The initial symptoms or complications might vanish quickly. But, to get rid of the entire disease might take some more time. Some patients abandon the treatment just after the symptoms vanish. They don't understand that the deeper roots of the disease might still be present.
I am 30 years old. My ecotopic pregnancy had done before 3 months. I know about my healthy pregnancy in future to escape such type of pregnancy.
I was cuddling with my girlfriend and later on I inserted my penis 2-3 times without protection but did not ejaculate. Maybe I had a precum. She did not take any contraceptive. Also this was on 14th May. She got her periods 15 days later on 4th June as it was supposed to be on 20th May. She also have irregular periods. So does that mean she is pregnant? If so then what are the solutions. I am confused. Please help.
My sister is 40 years old. She is suffering from breast lump .she is taking homeopathic medicine for it. She feels Pain in her breast and pus comes out of her breast not from the nipple but the swelling sight of upper and lower part of her breast. It is the fnab report of her. Cytology - Fine needle aspiration biopsy - breast lump - microscopic smears reveal a low cell yield With large branching monolayered sheets of uniform epithelial cells. Numerous single, bare nuclei of benign type present in the background along with few fragments of fibromyxoid stroma. Comment - Fibroadenoma. Advice - HPE. Please suggest treatment.
Im 4 months pregnant. At 16 weeks I had a ultrasound and doc told me I have an anterior low lying placenta which is 7mm away from os. What precautions should I take and what exactly does this mean. Are there any complications?
Doctors I'm very tensed. I'm 34 weeks pregnant. and my cervix is 1.5 cm and 40% effaced. Came to know in the internal examination. Also I'm suffering from vaginal infection and Dr. has prescribed 7 days pessaries. I just want to know that how many chances are there that may go in to full term labor? Please reply.
I AM 30. I AM PLANNING FOR A BABY FOR LAST 2 YEARS BUT NO SUCCESS. FOR LAST 1 YEAR MY BLEEDING REDUCED FROM 4 DAYS TO 2 AND HALF DAYS. Flow is also not regular during these 2 and half days. WHAT IS THE REASON AND ANYTHING PROBLEMATIC?
I am 25 years old lady. I have sivier stomach pain during periods. And vomiting also. What will I do for this?
Helo, I'm 34 years old married for 3years now I and my husband are planning for baby. I'm having Gartner duct cyst and I'm 66 kg, 5'5", both of ours test reports are OK. Kindly can you tell me1. When will be my ovulation date as first date was on 20/12/15. My cycle generally stays for 30 days /34 days2. How will I whether I'm ovulating or not? 3. Do I need to take any supplements to conceive fast, as my age is getting older.
She have increased menstrual interval and increased bleeding during menstruation. Also increased hair growth which she need plucking.
I want some suggestion. My period is very much regular and always come on time since I have stared having it. But this month instead of full length period I am only spotting 1 or 2 drops a day with bright red blood. I do not know what is going on. It stated on 15 just the date my period was due. I am spotting still with very little almost no cramp. Me nd my husband are trying for baby. I am thinking of taking hpt tomorrow morning. And also I am feeling bloated and have lost appetite.
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.