Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy brings with it a set of challenges, and for a diabetic woman, these only increase further. Earlier, the risks of dealing with pregnancy and diabetes as a combination were too high. However, over the last few decades, things have changed. The age at which women are choosing to have a baby has gone up. On the other hand, the age of onset of diabetes has come down drastically.
These days, there are many diabetic women who go through pregnancy smoothly without major complications. Of course, there is extra care and precaution required, but it is not something that cannot be planned and managed well between the doctor and the mother-to-be.
The following are some rough guidelines for a pregnant diabetic woman.
- It increases the risk of polycystic ovaries, thereby making it difficult to conceive.
- Fluctuating sugar levels can be a reason for not being able to conceive, as the body does not see itself as healthy.
- It increased the chances of miscarriage.
- There are higher chances of birth defects in the developing baby due to very high sugar levels in the first trimester.
If you are planning for a pregnancy, meet with your doctor to review your sugar levels. Chalk out a plan with your doctor, taking into account your diet and nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medications.
- Diet: Ensure you cautiously decide what and how to eat ahead of your pregnancy. Moving away from refined carbohydrates and processed foods towards wholesome food items like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will make a difference.
- Exercise: Build an exercise routine to suit your body and keep yourself active. It is very important to stay active so that diabetes is under control.
- Lifestyle: Quit smoking and reduce alcohol use. This helps in managing stress also, which can help keep diabetes under check.
- Medications: Check with your doctor on the medicines you are taking and if dose adjustments are required to get sugar levels under control, plan them out.
During pregnancy, constant monitoring and vigilance is required to ensure diabetes is under control.
- Let your gynecologist know about your condition (stable/fluctuating), and if you are doubtful about them being able to handle your condition, do not hesitate to change.
- Many consider switching to oral medications as the risk of transmission to the baby is less and the control over sugar levels is better.
- Constant monitoring for daily blood sugars is essential.
- A regular, healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and sleeping should help keep the sugars under check.
- Constant monitoring of the baby is essential to ensure its normal growth with no developmental defects.
Read up and train yourself on how to deal with low or high sugar levels. Happy sugary pregnancy!
I have a girl of 17 years. Nd my periods was start 2 years ago. But till today I didn't get regular periods?
I 37 year old trying for second pregnancy I have done ivf 2 times but it last only for 1 month what may be reason.
An Anti-Aging Diet
What you eat makes a huge difference in how you age and how you feel,
Colorful fruits and vegetables. The antioxidants in colorful vegetables and fruits, such as leafy greens, deep red tomatoes, blueberries, and carrots, help stop unstable molecules from damaging healthy cells. So at each meal, fill about half your plate with fruits and vegetables with one serving of meat or poultry which has essential brain nutrients.
Three particular antioxidants -- vitamin C, zinc, and beta-carotene -- help protect your vision from macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness after age 64. If you already have macular degeneration, eating foods with these nutrients may slow its progress. Dark green, leafy vegetables -- spinach,and methi leaves greens are great sources. But you also help your eyes when you eat bright-colored ones.
Antioxidants like vitamin C can even help keep your skin younger-looking. One study linked eating lots of yellow and green vegetables to fewer wrinkles.
Nuts. The fats in nuts are among the healthiest you can find. If you avoid nuts because they're high in fat, think again. In fact, one study showed that snacking on nuts cut the risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol by about 20%. You only need to eat 1/4 of an ounce a day to get the benefits -- that’s about 4 almonds.
Beans and lentils. These foods give you loads of fiber and plant-based protein, so they’re an age-protecting alternative to red meat with saturated fat, which is linked to heart disease and diabetes. Beans and lentils are inexpensive and easy to add to soups, casseroles, and side dishes.
Foods to Avoid
For the best anti-aging diet, it’s important to limit foods that can harm your body. It’s easy if you follow these guidelines.
Go easy on high-fat meat, high-fat dairy, and bakery treats. The saturated fat found in these foods can clog your arteries, which can lead to heart problems.
Limit added sugar as much as possible. Eating too much sugar can send your blood sugar levels on a roller-coaster ride of ups and downs. Over time, excess calories may cause insulin resistance, which can lead to type 2 diabetes. Diabetes damages your blood vessels and often leads to heart disease. "The less sugar you eat, the healthier you'll be," Pontius says.
Spare the salt. Eating too much salt, or sodium, can raise your blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure can damage many parts of your body, including your kidneys, your eyes, and your brain. Limit sodium to 2,400 milligrams -- about 1 teaspoon of table salt -- throughout your entire day. If you have high blood pressure, are 51 or older, are African-American, or have diabetes or chronic kidney disease, you should eat even less: no more than about 1,500 mg a day.
Check labels for the sodium content in canned, frozen, and boxed foods. Packaged foods typically pack in a lot of salt -- you may be eating more than you realize.
I being a both a registered dietitian (RD) and doctor have been successfully helping patients with their problems through a holistic approach using customized therapeutic diet and medications . I will also suggest home remedies.
Do reply back for private consultation for Rx
I had a sex with my gf (20 year old) and she haven't still undergone through normal menstrual cycle of these month which was on 7/12/16. What should I do so that we can be relaxed and we do not have to face any unwanted pregnancy. Pls help.
She is suffering from vagina problem, having rashes on vagina causing irritation during intercourse and even on normal days. Please help us.
I am 21 years old. I am a girl. I am dating a guy presently. I am virgin. I am scared if I hav sex with him. I can have health related issue. So what should I do. What precautions can I take to protect myself from diseases due to sex?
1) Ovulaion ho rehi Hain pata krne ka tarika?(With out medical kit) physically koi change? 2) ovulaion k next din sex krne se pregnancy aaskti Hain? 3)Commonly period k 13 din bad yani 14th din me ovulaion hota hain? 4)Aga ovulaion date me sex ho toh egg ko" Y"Cromosome fatilise kr degi 100%?5) Ek bar sex se hi ovulaion date me egg fatilise ho jati Hain?
My wife had no periods for 4 months, she is now started bleeding and clots since 14 days, advice, she is 51 years of age.
Hello. I am 31 years old lady. I had two miscarriages. Now I take a test of HSG it shows tubes block. Right tube block and left tube grades appearance at end.
I am not having my periods from last 2 months and i am not pregnant what i should do to continue my periods?
Consuming Grapes combined with a diet rich in saturated fats can lower obesity risk as well as improve gut bacteria a Study has found.
It may also help counter the negative effects of a high-fat diet including heart disease hypertension and diabetes.the findings showed that the unique and diverse composition of Antioxidants called polyphenols can help reduce the percentage of body fat subcutaneous and visceral fat deposits markets of inflammation in the liver and improve glucose tolerance.
Belotero balance- the dermal filler that is used to smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles on your face is now available in your area!
Visit dermaworld skin & hair clinics and attain back your young & glowing skin with the best technology in the world.
For appointments & details, please contact: +91-9911100050 (rajouri garden); +91-9911300050 (new rajinder nagar)
#dermaworldskinclinics #drrohitbatra #beloterobalance