Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M ChawaraYour feedback matters!
My cousin had a sex after that she is not having periods last month she has tested with prega new 3 times it is negative now sometimes she is having burning or itching in her lower area and her date is 21 she is confused in this month is she will have her periods or not please help her?
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: This procedure involves several days of internal oleation by taking either pure ghee or a specially prepared medicated ghee followed by a gentle herbal purgative. Purgation acts on aggravated and accumulated pitta and kapha doshas. It decreases the heat (ushna guna) of pitta and increases coolness (sheeta guna) required for formation of shukra dhatu (ovum and sperm). Impaired agni due to disturbed pitta is also rectified by the virechana procedure. A strong and balanced dhatvagni (tissue agni) is required for dhatnirmiti of shukradhatu (creation of reproductive tissue). Obstructing kapha dosha is removed through virechana and the blocked apana vata obstructed by kapha dosha is also relieved by virechana. Common virechana dravyas: mahatiktaghrit, trivrit (leha or churna). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hyperpigmentation of skin can lead to dark patches and uneven skin colour, and it is caused by excessive melanin production. It can affect any part of the body, including the arms, legs, hands and even face. The root cause behind excessive melanin production is normally due to hormonal alterations in the body and other health issues. External factors like skin injury, burning, stress, chemical contact and even excessive sun exposure may lead to hyperpigmentation.
But there is nothing to worry about; you can easily eliminate these with some natural techniques.
- Lemon: This is the most common yet effective home treatment to eradicate hyperpigmentation. The natural bleaching agent helps in fading away of blemishes present on the skin. But in case you have sensitive skin, it is recommended to dilute the lime juice with some water before application.
- Raw potato: Spots and blemishes can be easily removed by applying raw potato juice on the affected area. Potatoes are rich in catecholase, an enzyme which is believed to help in skin lightening. So you may apply raw potato juice twice daily on the affected area to aid fading of hyperpigmentation.
- Apple cider vinegar: When it comes to lessening the hyperpigmentation of your skin, nothing can beat the efficacy of apple cider vinegar. If you have been suffering from dark patches all over your skin, then consider applying apple cider vinegar to the affected area owing to its astringent properties, which may restore the natural colour of your skin.
- Vitamin E: Referred to as skin vitamin, this is an obvious way to treat hyperpigmentation. Vitamin E is also an antioxidant, and it aids in neutralizing the harmful effects of sun rays while repairing and protecting the skin. You can put the contents of the Vitamin E capsules in a bowl and mix it with ripe papaya or fuller’s earth or rose water and mix to form a paste with thick consistency. Then you will have to apply it on the affected areas and wash it off after complete drying.
- Turmeric: This natural ingredient has bleaching properties that help in eliminating hyperpigmentation of the skin. In addition to this, turmeric helps in keeping the skin protected from infections. You can mix turmeric paste with lemon juice and apply on the pigmented area. Alternatively, you can apply turmeric paste with milk and then wash it with lukewarm water after some time.
With these few natural treatments, you will be able to curb down the hyperpigmentation of your skin. However, if you see no commendable results, then it’s probably time to visit a dermatologist.
Mere bf mujhe uska sperm suck karne k liye bhut force karta hai, uaka sperm yellow or bhut gadha aata hai to ussey koi nuksan to nhi hoga?
Married for 2.5 years, (age-28), planning to get pregnant from last 6 months I have a period cycle of 38 days from last 2 months, before that it was 30 days. I am a working women and its a sitting job for 8 hours. Have done all the test (husband & wife both) and all are normal. Suggest me for positive result also tell me if heavy weight lifting in house core is dangerous for pregnancy?
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.
Breathe in and breathe out, is an involuntary continuous action through which the human body receives the oxygen it requires for proper functiong. Without oxygen, our entire circulatory system would collapse. However, with the amount of pollutants present in the air today, the air we breathe is not as pure as it should be. Instead of breathing in oxygen, we’re breathing in harmful gases like carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide along with particulate matter. Prolonged exposure to pollutants like this can seriously endanger our health and well-being. Air pollution spreads easily and the only way to protect oneself from it is by creating a barrier that filters the air we breathe in.
And, for this reason it is advisable that one should wear a respirator or mask. When wearing a mask or respirator the most important part is to ensure that it seals your nose and mouth effectively. Otherwise, pollutants can enter through the gaps and contaminate the filtered air. But how should one decide, which type of mask is suitable for them and for that we need to understand what all masks are available.
Respiratory masks can be grouped into three categories:
- Simple flat masks as worn by doctors while operating
- Highly beneficial where there is heavy particulate matter density in the air as they are effectve at filtering out particulate matter
- Does not offer protection against harmful chemicals
- It is a good idea to wear these masks while travelling through dusty zones or when caught in a storm
- Offer protection only for a limited time
- Cannot bot be reused
- Cost around few hundred rupees
- Respirators have similar structure as that of surgical masks
- They fit the face better that surgical mask
- Have filters installed and protection against particulate matter and against certain gases and chemicals
- For better protection, they should be washed regularly against harmful fumes and particulate matter encountered
- Should be used while travelling through heavy traffic zones and while working in construction zones
- Ideal way to to protect yourself
- Cost around few hundred to thousand rupees, based on thier quality and brand
- Gas masks are often worn in chemical laboratories
- Special replaceable filters offer full protection against, both particulate matter and harmful chemicals
- Basic mask costs around 1000 rupees and higher based on quality and brand
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I have irregular period. I have this problem 5 years back. And still now also. I take 6 month medicine so only came period.
I am 27 year old woman, trying to conceive last 6 months but don't get. When I am start to planning a baby then my period cycle is irregular .and last 2 months my white discharge very small amount. Pls guide me. How to pregnant fast.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.
Hi, Sir I am from India Hyderabad I am 29 years old I am getting married next month. I am suffering from PCOD last 7 years and had tried all pathies for the cure but all in vain. My weight is getting increasing, having rashes on my cheeks. I am so worried please help me. How naturally cure the PCOD problem. And how to loss weight.
Dear Dr. pls help मै चाहता हु की मैं अपनी पत्नी को जब सेक्स करू तो मेरा वीर्य उसके अंदर गिरे पर ऐसा नही होता जबकि हस्तमैथुन करने पर हो जाता है Pls help I want a baby.
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult the gynaecologist immediately.