Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.BhavaniYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to not have periods on 1st two pregnancy and while on 3rd periods we will get periods.
My last know was 14th July. Now am having cramps in lower abdomen since a week or less. Can I be pregnant. I have already had two abortions now I want to be extra cautious.
Hi. I have married on before 6 months. But, till now. I'm not getting pregnant. But my periods are regular. But this month i'm not getting my periods but pregnant test shows me negative. What have I do? Is any problem in my uterus?
I am 25 years female. Married 2 years. I have my baby of 9 months old. I had my periods last month 3 aug it was 10 days before my date. Now it is 25 of september I did not have my periods uptill now. On 12 sep I did UPT but it should negative. On 19 sep I consulted a doc she asked me to take sustain 300 for five nights. I am quite confuse with my health. I really want to know the actual about my health y are the issues related to my periods .i m really worried.
Poor sex education and awareness can lead to pregnancy in the teenage years, which continues to be a problem that affects almost all countries. In fact, USA is the leader in teen pregnancy with most cases. As per records, about 35% of the girls get pregnant at least once before they reach 20 years of age.
This is a problem for the mother and for the child and is a social menace. Read on to understand a little more on how it affects both.
How it affects the mother?
- Teenage pregnancy is a result of negligence and poor awareness in most cases. The chances of habits like smoking, alcohol abuse and drug abuse are quite high in these mothers, which have adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy. This also means their responsibility in terms of sufficient prenatal care, nutrition, and overall care for themselves and the child would not be optimal.
- Higher rates of maternal death: If girls who are less than 15 years of age get pregnant, the death rate is quite high. In addition, there is also poor weight gain, anemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, STDs. All these can have an effect on the child including low birth weight, vital organ malformations, congenital disorders, respiratory distress, and very high levels of infant mortality.
- With the added responsibility of the child, the chances that the teenager would go to school after childbirth and complete education and look into employment are also reduced drastically.
- Very often, teenage mothers also tend to remain single, as the child is usually born out-of-wedlock and is a result of negligence.
- The chances of having children later in life is also reduced, given all the changes that she goes through early on in life.
How it affects the child?
- As a corollary to the effects on the mother, the first effects include low birth weight, malformation of vital organs, inadequate healthcare, and even very high rates of infant mortality in the first year of life.
- Other medical conditions like chronic respiratory problems, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and blindness are very common.
- There could also be developmental issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other
- Given the social circumstances in which they are born, they are more exposed to early motherhood, single parenthood, broken marriages. This affects the regular parenting care that they receive resulting in improper nutrition and healthcare.
- Again, the poor social set-up also does not ensure sufficient education opportunities for the child. They may also get into child labor and become easy prey to neglect and abuse.
- The chances of girls born to teenage mothers themselves becoming teenage mothers is also quite high, leading to a vicious cycle.
Most countries are trying to fight this social menace by involving families, schools, and healthcare professionals, and running social campaigns and programs.
My wife have been feel variable body pain since after her pregnesee we did checking all medical report but all report is normal. What we should to do?
I inserted the Candid Cl Vaginal suppositories tablet at night, but when I wake up its coming out yellow discharge is that normal?
Doctor me and my wife had sex on 29th april 2016 after 1 week of sex she had her periods of 4 days on 6th may and again she got periods on 24th may and then on 24th june she got her periods but in july still not got periods she is having fever from many days headache cough cold backpain and she was vomiting 4 days ago twice in the evening, I just wanted to know she is pregnant or can she turn pregnant after getting her periods we did not had sex after 29th april. Please help us we are so afraid we do not want baby we are not prepared for baby.
How many times you need to have sex before going to gynae in case your wife is not getting pregnant?
Increase in weight of 3 kgs in month and irregular periods, a delay of 4 to 5 days from the regular time it happens. Having a fear of thyroid but there are no symptoms. No constipation, no skin allergies, no frequent urination, no puffy eye lids, no fatigue. Please confirm if 3 kgs weight increase and delay of 4 to 5 days of periods can be due to Thyroid. Is this normal or abnormal.
Christmas time brings with itself the mouth watering dessert of plum cakes. Besides being delicious, plum cakes come loaded with numerous health benefits. Read on to find out how plum cakes are a healthy dessert option.
Why are plum cakes good for your health?
Plums are rich in various nutrients, which make plum cakes a healthy food choice despite being a dessert. Plums are full of dietary fibre, which helps in lowering your cholesterol level, controls blood sugar level and helps you in maintaining an ideal body mass index. This fruit is also known for its high vitamin C content, and it ensures that your body absorbs most of the available iron from the food after consumption. Additionally, it also strengthens your immune system. Plums contain an array of minerals like magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, manganese etc, which are necessary for the proper functioning of your body. Plus, they are packed with antioxidants, which help in the digestion of your food and in maintaining good metabolism.
Also, the eggs in the plum cake are very good for your health too. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, which along with its vitamin B2 content, help in raising HDL (or good) cholesterol levels. Besides, eggs contain choline (a water-soluble nutrient), which is necessary for the proper functioning of your brain and liver.
Here’s an easy Christmas plum cake recipe for you.
Vegetable oil-1 cup
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Plums-about 450 grams, drained and chopped
Chopped nuts- ½ cup
Baking soda-1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Take a 9-inch pan and grease it with oil. Sprinkle some flour over it. Start beating the eggs in a small container. Mix the vanilla essence and keep aside. Blend the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix the beaten egg with it. Mix the flour and baking powder in a different container and then add to the previous mixture. Gently blend it to give a consistent texture. Add the chopped pieces of plum and nuts. Mix well. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Sir I am pregnant and my EXPECTED DATE OF DELIVERY (EDD) 14 July 2016 (today). But I have no pain and not any symptoms of delivery. We should go to hospital for delivery or not.
Stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to too much sunlight can be harmful to the skin. You probably already know that it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it can exacerbate acne.