Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M A Khan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M A KhanYour feedback matters!
Often, most people think that Erectile Dysfunction or ED is a disease, but this is not the case. Unlike the popular belief, it's not the "old man's disease". The fact of the matter is that both young and the old may have ED at any point in their life. It's also important to keep in mind that this not a disease. Instead, it's just a condition just like any other condition that may be managed. Moreover, ED is a psychological problem and in most cases, it can be managed successfully. If you want to know some facts, we suggest that you read this article. Read on to know more.
Facts and fictions
- First of all, you ED doesn't fall under the category of diseases. It doesn't occur due to an infection or bug. Aside from this, it's not a contagious thing. According to doctors, it's a medical condition like low/high blood pressure or arthritis. Just like people with arthritis, people with ED can lead a healthy lifestyle provided they manage this condition.
- As you get older, you find it hard to get an erection and maintain it. In that case, it's right to say that ED is an age-related condition. But the thing is that it can strike the young people as well. As a matter of fact, 20% men have this condition. So, it's quite common.
- Another common misconception is that this problem is related to low libido. Again, this is no more than fiction. In fact, the two are different. People with low libido don't feel like having sex. On the other hand, ED occurs when blood flow to the muscles of the penis is constricted. As a result, you find it hard to have or maintain an erection. The fact of the matter is that even healthy men can have this problem. Anyone can suffer from this condition irrespective of their race.
- Often, some people think that this condition is hereditary. This is not true. It's true that some hereditary condition may lead to this problem, but it's not right to say that if you have ED, your son will also have it. As a matter of fact, this issue is not associated with race at all. So, it should not be linked with a particular race.
To know if you have Erectile dysfunction, you should look for the following symptoms. These symptoms will tell you if you really need to do something to make your sexual life better.
- Having soft erection
- Having erection that are too brief
- No erections at all
Almost all types of sexual disorders including ED can be managed by making lifestyle changes like losing weight, giving up alcohol, exercising, eating well and reducing stress. In fact, any activity that can help you improve the flow of blood in your body can fix this problem.
For some men, however, making simple lifestyle changes don't work. It's a good idea to maintain a healthy weight and exercise on a regular basis, but this may not help some people get rid of ED. They need medicines to deal with the problem. For instance, they can try Viagra, Cialis, Levitra or Staxyn in order to boost the blood flow to their penile area. You can choose any of the drugs but make sure your doctor knows about it. After all, you may not want aggravate your condition.
Dr. I am suffering from sines since last 9yr. I always feel cold in summer session. What can I do please suggest me.
I have cough from 10 days and I took cough syrup but it was ok till I used. After that again problem started?
I have eye and nose allergy problem. I have used after recommendation of Lybrate doctors medicine like olopat eye drop, refresh tears along with montek LC tablet but have not cured this problem. My nose is still runny and eyes are itching a lot. please suggest me some quality medicine which can cure my problem permanently.
I am having very bad headache since yesterday. And its paining around back head and around whole head.
Hangover is referred to as the unpleasant symptoms that take place after alcohol consumption in the excessive amount. It is called veisalgia in medical terms. Significant symptoms of a hangover are headache, feeling dizzy, nausea, body ache, vomiting, fatigue, abdomen pain, trouble with concentration, diarrhoea, disturbed sleep, uneasiness and anxiety. The symptoms show up when the intoxicating impact of alcohol drops down to zero. This may keep going for up to 24 hours or more.
Homeopathic medicines are extremely powerful in curing a hangover. Medicines of natural cause are utilized as a part of Homeopathy to manage hangover cases. Homeopathic medicines are hence free from any severe reaction due to excess alcohol consumption.
Here is a list of different homeopathic medicines for curing a hangover and instances when they are used:
- Nux vomica and Carbo Veg: Nux Vomica and Carbo Veg are primary homeopathic medicines for a hangover accompanied with headache. Nux Vomica is used when stretched feeling and pain in the head take place after alcohol utilization. Irritation is also experienced with pain in the abdomen, with regular stools are additionally seen alongside headache in such cases. Carbo Veg is one of the best suited homeopathic medicines for a hangover where exceptional headache occurs after alcohol consumption. The head feels overwhelming with a sensation of weight on it. These indications are joined by gastric problems and bloating of the abdomen. Carbo Veg is the best in such cases among Homeopathic medicines for hangovers.
- Arsenic album and Ipecac: Arsenic Album is helpful where vomiting shows up from taking alcohol. The vomit might be clear, bilious or green in shade. The stomach does not take any sort of nourishment or water and quickly tosses it out. Nausea and retching are likely. Ipecac is a standout among the best homeopathic medicines for a hangover where nausea prevails after taking alcohol along with constant retching. The vomit predominantly comprises of clear, watery fluids. The nausea does not die even after vomiting.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is brilliant among Homeopathic medicines for a hangover where it is accompanied by dizziness. Gelsemium is generally recommended when a man suffers from light headedness. He feels as though the room is revolving all around. The affected person would also have difficulty in walking steadily. Dull or double vision may, likewise, show up.
- Rhus Tox: Rhus Tox is one of the best homeopathic medicines for body aches emerging from a hangover. It can be utilized for curing body aches and muscle pain emerging from drinking alcohol. Rhus Tox also deals with soreness, wounded feeling or pains that are tearing in nature.
Homeopathic medicines are very effective for curing a hangover. Being natural, they help you revive yourself after you have had a night of heavy drinking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.