Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lupa Das
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Lupa DasYour feedback matters!
Sir, my son is facing squint problem from the age of 3 years. Now he is 11 years and I am continue sly having treatment from eye specialists. He has full vision with glasses and good looking. Only after removal of glass, squint is seen. According to doctor he is facing two types of problem muscular and number. He is of the opinion that at the age of 18, he should be operated as there are side effects of anesthesia.
I am feeling acidic in my eyes. I am having regular problem of acidity and take PROTOHALT-D tablet (s), but still feeling extreme acidic conditions in eyes. Which eye drops will be useful in reducing acidic conditions in eyes.
From few days sir. My eyes is paining very much after using my laptops or watching television I have glaucoma diseases and I use iotim eye drop regularly for 2 times a day wht did I do now sir please give me some suggestion sir.
Noticed unpainful red bumps at the back of my tongue. Like big enough to be visible and around 5 in number. Anything serious?
swelling eye is my problem. Last night its in but at morning my eye is swelled. What's the reason behind it.
I am working in IT sector, so have to look to the PC for way too long and i use my mobile every time. What should i do to keep my eyes safe?
Hello Doctor, my son is 16 years old and by birth he is having acute congenital ptosis in his right eye. In 2005 he has operated already in Army Hospital Udhampur. But no change came in his eye. I want to consult or want to know by Oculoplastic surgeon opinion.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.