Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lokesh Jain
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh JainYour feedback matters!
My foot below the ankle is paining a lot. Not able to walk too. I am diabetic and I have BP too. What should I do?
I have a problem regarding my back. My back is pained whenever I pick up a heavy stuff. Please tell me the solution for my problem.
Hello Dr. I am 30 years old, If I do house hold thing by bending that movement nothing will happen after some time if I sleep and wake up I can't sit I cannot wake up and I can not walk my back and my buttocks will pain long time. Please advice
I have very bad pain in my back. I have met many doctors taken medicines. But got relief for temporary times. nowadays when I pick even a water bucket my back pain badly. Please advise a permanent cure for this.
My mother is 83yrs old and having knee pains for the past 2 years and legs get swollen if she walks. Please suggest me what to do.
My mom suffering from spondylosis frm 4 5 yrs, can homeopathy medicines works? She is always to English medicines. She hav to wrk at home no one Dre to help her, does working more increases the spondylosis.
My dad. Hvng age 50 yrs. Got sudden knee pain. please Dr. Can you tel me urgent remedy. Home remedy. Plz.
Shoulder is paining a lot from last 4-5 months. Consulted with mbbs many times and did every possible things but result is nothing. even at working, sleeping, stretching it pains a lot. And it had automatically started. Please suggest.
I have pain in my leg joints. I am even going for physiotherapy but still not getting relief. Please advise what to do?
Hello doctor, I am getting pain in my lower legs if I walk for more distance. Could you please let me know why this is happening?
I am 24 and having back pain. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed some medicines. What are the best physiotherapy exercises should I do. I've pain in neck also.
Hello sir, I feel often head ache and several leg pain during walking and running. And eye pain. WHat should i do to cure?
My mother is suffering from severe and chronic joint pain. What should i do to help reduce her pain?
I am 45 year old female, I am suffering from back pain and both palm severe pains and neck, shoulder also. so, what should I do?
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.
I fall from riding bike on right arm then left arm sliding about 5 metres later I couldn't lift right arm even half of shoulder height as there is pain in shoulder I also did xray but it was ok and doctor said it is muscle problem you have to go to physio when I go to physio he said to take rest for a weak later I can lift half of shoulder height easily but not fully to shoulder height as now it has been 15 days but problem is there.
Hi, My father is suffering from the below symptoms: 1. Belching continuously 2. Pain in liver 3. Back ache This is after having omelette and a cup of tea in the morning. Kindly suggest what is this and is this anything serious. How to heal this issue? Regards.
You might be aware that there is no way that you can prevent arthritis to happen except for being car. But what you can do is delay and reduce the risk of its potential onset. If your joints are healthy now, there is no guarantee that they will always be, unless, you take good care.
Do you know a few kinds of arthritis can be modified. They are:
1. Gout - Have a healthy, balanced diet which is low in cholesterol, alcohol and sugar. This will help you fight against the onset of gout.
2. Osteoarthritis - To modify the risk factor of osteoarthritis, it is important to maintain a healthy weight.
How to defeat arthritis?
1. Keep a check on your weight: If you are obese, you are putting more pressure on your joints and as a result, they wear out soon. By losing weight, you can make a lot of difference in your joint health.
2. Ensure good water intake: Our body is 70% water. And water is one of those things which is the most important for us. Staying hydrated is very important, even for your joints. Because when the body is dehydrated, and the body needs water, it uses the water stored in our bodies, incl the water in the cartilage.
3. Try to avoid any injury: No one really wants to get injured but it is important to be careful and cautious against injuries of any kind. The more injured your joints are, the more susceptible they are to wear and tear now, and arthritis later in life.
4. Don’t stress with physical tasks: There is a way and correct posture to do them, but many people ignore those and perform the tasks clumsily. This puts additional pressure on your joints.
5. Get Your share of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is very important for us. If your body has adequate amount of vitamin D, then you are less susceptible to arthritis. It is wise to get the levels tested and if low, a doctor consulted for proper medication.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.