Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lokesh Jain
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh JainYour feedback matters!
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of refractive surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at neutralising the power by correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK procedure are:
- Age no bar: If there are no medical objections, then LASIK can be performed regardless of the age of the person. Doctors also tend to wait till young adulthood (around 18-20 years of age) before performing LASIK.
- Painless: Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 15 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Very safe: Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%) due to use of latest Laser technology which reduces the recovery time and therefore very less complication rates.
- Stithless: Does not require bandages or stitches.
Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, which appears as a result of healing process, and tends to subside within few months of time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction for atleast 1yr (occurs usually after 18 yrs of age)
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range (requires an Eye Exam)
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal (requires an Eye Exam)
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
In those cases where cases where LASIK cannot be done, there are other refractive surgery options you can go for after consulting with an ophthalmologist. Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications.
Suffering with photophobia Unable to travel in sun rays my eyes get closed and pain Need to work on computer for long hrs eyes getting red in clr and pain all the time Pls suggest me how to overcome eyes pain redness.
I am suffering from high eye deceased please help me its really irritate me so much I cannot bear it more time please do something immediately.
Sir I have a private job and work there about 8 hours at computer. My eyesight is weak what should I do for my eye problem. Right eye glass power plus 4.5 and left eye 3.5.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
In homeopathy, constitutional medicines are the key-
To understand the constitution of a patient, a homeopath must know the patient’s physical make up, like, his build, desires, his disagreement with foods, his thermal reactions, and characteristics of his discharges and eliminations. Also mental attributes, like, emotional and intellectual reactions and normal performances. A constitutional prescription is based on the totality of the mental and physical reactions. It covers the level of susceptibility, the tendencies, the behavioral pattern and the underlying fevers.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments. Recurring styes mean there is a tendency within the body, which had to be addressed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!