Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lipi SharmaYour feedback matters!
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had unprotected sex on 6th of December and 7th of December and had one unwanted 72 on evening time empty stomach then after 1 hour I had some pani Puri where some tamarind was added will the medicine work or there is chance for getting pregnant.
My wife is 6 month pregnant her legs and legs fingers are thick. What is reason ?and what can I do for it? Any problems?
Doctor, is it possible to stop pregnancy after 2 months just by eating medicines under medication? If so, please tell me the what type of medicines and its procedures. Thanking you in advance.
If me and my gf has already tested for hiv and std. And we both are not detected any std .and then we regularly started oral sex and intercourse without protection. Is it safe? Can we get any std ?please.
Hello, I am a 31 years old female. Married since 3 years. My periods before used to be for 3 days but this month it was only for two days. I havent still concieved. M taking shatavari tablet for ovulation, is dis da reason for my shorter period days? I hav no pcod, s. I jus don ovulate. Hav got scanned n tested. Please reply. and guide me. Thank You.
A mundane life is something every person dreads. While people fail to find time to indulge in modes of entertainment regularly, there's a handy way to relieve them of stress. The key to remedy their woes is in their own hands. If you have been trying to reach after such a solution for long, forget the forage and laugh your way to glory. Hundreds of people, consciously or unconsciously, have been benefitted by the positive effects of laughter. So, the next time you see a swarm of people laughing in the nearby park you should probably join them.
The following statistics state the health benefits of laughter:
- Laughing can help you burn calories: If you want to burn some calories the easiest way is to laugh for more than a while. Laughing for a few minutes can effectively burn ten to forty kilocalories. In order to make this kind of progress last, a person needs to laugh for an hour each day. Laughing can also reduce fifty percent of your anxiety thus heightening your energy levels.
- Laughing allows you to see from a different perspective: Being absorbed in your subjective perspective can be very bad for the decisions you make. Humor encourages you to maintain constructive distance from a problem in order to come up with a different perspective. In over seventy percent cases of clinical depression, humor has prevented patients from being overwhelmed by occurrences.
- Your cardiac health can be improved through humor: Being happy keeps your heart happy. So many people cannot workout even if they wish to. Severe injuries or other illnesses could hinder a person's intention of exercising regularly. They should laugh to treat their cardiac conditions. Laughing can make your heart pump as much as walking at an unhurried pace does.
- Laughter can increase the number of T cells: T cells are cells that make up a person's immune system. Laughing puts T cells in action and they immediately start defending your body against infections and diseases. Laughing can treat sixty percent of the common diseases human beings contract. One can deal with the threat of common cold or viral fever through his or her knack for humor.
- Laughter can deal with hypertension: Hypertension is a threatening condition faced by millions. Not caring for high blood pressure levels can result either in a stroke or a heart attack. The simple way to control hypertension is to laugh as much as possible.
He is getting married on 18th of this month n his wife's period date is from 15th so he want to postponed it to 20th! Is it possible?
I am 26 years old girl I am 21 weeks pregnant. Due to my short cervix length (3.4cm) I had put cervical stitch. Is this safe to travel by car or flight?
Mere girlfriend ko 2 july ko period aya tha. Mai 9 july ko protection use ker ke sex kiya tha. Fir 21 july ko bina protection ka sex kiya. Aaj 2nd august ho gya per period nhi hai. Kya meri girlfriend pregnent ho gyi hai. Kya kru please give me advice & help.
I had unprotected sex with my partner on 27th August. He ejaculated inside my vagina 3 times. We had also consumed weed and cigarette. At 1 am, 28th August I had taken an emergency contraceptive pill "unwanted 72" After which I have missed my periods. I was supposed to get my periods on 8th but till date haven't. However I had experienced a little dark blackish brown kind of flow for 2 days on 10th of September. There is little pain in my lower abdomen. Am I not on my periods because there is a chance of pregnancy or the pill has altered my cycle and therefore I will be menstruating a little late this month?
Hello Sir/Mam, Me and my gf are planning for sex first time but thing is that it will be her periods time when we will get intimate. We are doing first time so plzz tell us what precaution should we take for not having pregnancy.
Hi doctors my new marriage complete 4 months but we have sex to more time in periods but no result no idea to how can sex to come pregnancy we are any use medicine tell to which medicine use full pealse.
Dear doctors, me and my wife are newly married couple. We start sex. But we affried for pregnancy. We do not want child now. Her period is going to start after 6-7 days. What should we do. If we want to do unprotected sex. Help me ASAP.
Hi sir. I am 31 years old and I am married and had a one year. Old baby. I want to know the safe day of an woman in her period cycle (28 days cycle) on which day she can do unprotect sex. I tried to know it from internet before, but cant understand. Sir please explain in briefly and with example with date. Thanks.
Hormonal imbalance and the associated health complications can throw your life completely off balance. Women, in particular, bear most of the brunt. One such menace that ladies dread the most is the PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Of late PCOS has been on a mercurial rise. As the name suggests, PCOS or PCOD (PolyCystic Ovarian Disorder) is a condition characterized by the formation of cysts in the ovary. In females suffering from PCOS, the ovary produces increased levels of Androgen hormone (generally produced in small amounts).
Though the exact trigger for PCOS may vary from individual to individual, the factors that are often responsible for PCOS include:
- Elevated levels of insulin in the body
- PCOS may be related to hereditary. Women who have instances of PCOS in the family (either mother or siblings) are at a greater risk of suffering from the condition.
- Inflammation (low grade) can also trigger PCOS in females.
Females with PCOS may show one or more of the following symptoms
- Menstrual problems (irregular periods, suppressed, heavy or scanty periods).
- Mood swings, depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Acne, skin discoloration (skin pigmentation).
- Fatty liver (in some cases).
- Hair problems (hair fall, thinning).
- A woman may find it difficult to conceive.
PCOS may affect a female and exhibit the symptoms during menarche (the first menstrual cycle). In some, the symptoms, however, appear at a later stage.
Role of homeopathy in treating PCOS
Allopathic medications and surgery have often been used to treat PCOS. Though there may be temporary relief, chances of a relapse are always there, not to forget the side-effects of these treatments. The treatments, more than often, leave a big hole in the pocket.
Homeopathy comes as a breath of fresh air, a much-needed solution for many women.
Homeopathic treatment has helped many women deal with PCOS and its associated symptoms better. Being natural, it has negligible side-effects (or no side-effects at all). Though a little time-consuming, the homeopathic treatment not only identifies but also helps in successfully eliminating the underlying factor responsible for the ailment. Thus, in most cases (including PCOS), homeopathic treatment provides a permanent solution to the problem, and that too, for only a small pinch in the pocket.
Few homeopathic medicines that play a pivotal role in treating PCOS and its associated symptoms include:
- Pulsatilla: PCOS can wreak havoc in your menstrual cycle. In many women, the period is not only late and scanty but short and suppressed as well. Pulsatilla is an excellent homeopathic medicine for such menstrual problems. In addition to dissolving the ovarian cysts, Pulsatilla also helps in regularizing the menstrual cycle.
- Conium: Women with acne and infertility issues benefit from Conium.
- Calcarea Carb: Conditions like PCOS associated obesity, depression, and fear are best dealt with the homeopathic medicine, Calcarea Carb.
- Apis Mellifica: The medicine is used to treat suppressed menses with pain in the right side of the ovary.
- Thuja and Sepia are two powerful homeopathic medicines that have produced fruitful results in women suffering from hirsutism. Suppressed and scanty periods can also be treated with Sepia and Thuja respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello my wife is pregnant and this is end of 3rd Month running. The problem is that for few days she is facing difficulty and getting pain while passing urine. Please suggest.
Hi doctors I'm 34 weeks pregnant I got cervix stitch in 21 weeks for cervix opening 2.5 cms and funneling now I'm 2.3 cms with no funneling I was taking progesterone injection weekly now at 32 week doctor gave me steroids injection baby is now head down position no dilation. I'm still worried it may be preterm or what that too im on bed rest bcoz of that severe body pain sometimes tightening of upper stomach will occur no pain in abdomen but pain in inner thighs please help me out.
Your diet is missing in multiple nutrients hence not able to protect itself from dis-eases. Your body does not get enough supply of nutrients and due to pollution (environmental, water, food, air quality, soil, chemicals used outside and inside home etc.) the nutrients are exhausted faster and the requirement increases multifolds.
The remedy is to eat as many fruits and veg in a day - fresh, juiced (but un-strained) or as mixed fruit bowl, mixed salad etc. all uncooked. Remember the antioxidants (protective nutrients – protect our body from diseases, valuable for preventing sicknesses, beneficial for protecting the body from further damage, if taken in sufficiency even reverse certain symptoms) are mostly present in foods which are in the natural form. So consume the foods the way nature produces for us.
Vitamins A, C, E & Omega are major antioxidants and should be taken in dietary and supplemental form along with Echinacea (herb) to boost the immunity, making you strong enough to fight the infections and diseases.
Therefore consume foods:
1. Rich in omega3 to counteract the inflammatory allergic response such as wall nuts, pecan nuts, flex seeds, chia seeds, mildly roasted or lightly cooked soya beans, canola oil, etc.
2. Rich in antioxidants such as all kinds of all kinds of berries strawberries, black berries, blue berries, bilberries, gooseberries, cranberries, raspberries, mulberries, etc.
3. Rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients - fruits such as oranges, apples, quince, pears, custard apple, kiwi, pineapple, papaya, pomegranate, sweet lime, lemon, grapefruit, passion fruit, mango, banana, apricot, lychees, rambutan, toddy fruit, plums, peach, avocado, amla, olives, cherries, watermelons, muskmelon, fig, guava, grapes etc.
4. Good food sources of other protective nutrients in different color vegetables like baby corn, beetroot, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, bell peppers / capsicum, cucumber, cabbage, kale, parsley, cauliflower, spinach, green onion, lettuce tomatoes, onions, radish, and more - eaten as raw - as salads....
5. Herbs such as ginger, turmeric, mint, coriander, celery etc
6. Uncooked sprouts of all the lentils. Some nutrients missing in the lentils or legumes are synthesized during the process of germination and available best in uncooked form especially for 4 from Vitamin B group, Vitamin C and many others
7. Warm decoctions such as green tea, herbal tea, tulsi tea, jeera tea, ajwain tea, methi tea, etc.
However, when you already got the health concern, your body requires more antioxidants then it would require on a regular basis. If your lungs and liver are affected then you should undergo a nutritional therapy for a certain period of time to get your health back.