Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lily DhayiyaYour feedback matters!
The contraceptive pill, or simply 'the pill', is a type of hormonal contraception taken by women to prevent pregnancy. Now, even though the birth control pill is extremely effective in preventing unplanned pregnancy, it is not without some side effects. The common side effects of birth control pill include:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Some women experience intermenstrual spotting or bleeding in the time between their menstrual cycles. This is very common in the first three months of you taking the pill. Most of the times, intermenstrual bleeding resolves itself.
- Nausea: Some women might experience mild nausea when they take the pill for the first time. The nausea will resolve on its own after some time, but if it gets critical or persists, seek medical help. Taking your pill at bedtime or with food can aid in countering the nausea.
- Breast tenderness: Breasts can become tender or enlarge as a result of birth control pills. Reducing salt and caffeine intake, and wearing a support bra can be beneficial.
- Headaches: The development of migraines and headaches are the effects of the sex hormones. Different pills with varied doses and types of hormones may lead to different symptoms of headaches. Studies suggest that pills with low hormone doses are usually linked with headaches.
- Weight gain: There is no logical link between weight fluctuations and contraceptive pills, but fluid retention (specifically in the hip and breast areas) and enlarged fat cells are common side-effects.
- Mood changes: Women who may have suffered from depression should consult their doctors when taking the pill. A study discovered that taking pills usually leads to the thickening of the cortexes (outermost layers of the brain involved with analysing incoming stimuli and reward response). However, there is more research pending on this issue.
- Missed periods: Skipping or missing a period is very common when you are on the pill. Factors such as stress, travel, illness and thyroid or hormonal abnormalities can influence this.
- Decreased libido: The pills contain hormones that can lower your sex drive or libido.
- Vaginal discharge: Some women experience differences in their vaginal discharge when they are on the pill. Vaginal lubrication can dip, which causes discomfort during sex.
- Visual changes: Fluid retention is a side-effect of the pill, which even ends up affecting the cornea; they change shape or swell up. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I have swelling problem at the time of pregnancy. Legs have swelling lightly after delivery also swelling is have. I delivered a baby 2years back but swelling is have now also I have problem with hypothyroidism. Pls let me know what is cause for swelling.
Hello Doctor, I am getting married this month. But I don't want to get pregnant next 2 years. Please advice. Also my period cycle is collapsing with my honeymoon, request you to please advice to postpone my period dates.
My wife's carrying now. 3 months. She is getting white discharges. Now by this time we can have intercourse or not. If yes means by how we can do. Please explain me.
I am having less bleeding during period. I was in stress and also feeling weak. And my blood level is down. What should I do to regularize my period. Does taking antibiotics is also a cause.
I am 25 years young man. My marriage in dec 2015. I sex with my wife without condom & I don't child at 2 or 3 years. Both are enjoy sex. I sex with my wife without condom. So, how to avoid pregnancy & don't use condom?
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Anubhav Gupta and I am a plastic surgeon at Sir Gangaram Hospital.
Today I am going to answer few important questions related to the technique of Liposuction.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a technique in which we inject medicated fluid in the body of a person and after then we take out the fat through suction from the body.
Is Liposuction safe?
Liposuction is a very safe procedure.
Who is a good candidate for Liposuction?
If people come to me for reducing their weight to 80-100 kgs, I refuse for Liposuction, as they are not suitable for this treatment. But people who have localized areas or difficult areas which they are not able to reduce that particular fat part inspite of following a proper diet and regular exercise, they are appropriate candidates. The generalised obesity people are not suitable for Liposuction. This treatment is suitable for such areas of the body which needs to be controlled and sculpted.
What is the duration of a treatment?
Liposuction depends on the number of areas we are treating. For example- Liposuction od abdominal area can be done in 3 hrs, Liposuction of thighs can be done in 1-2 hrs. Hence the treatment duration depends on the number of areas we are treating.
How long is the recovery period?
The recovery period of one area is about 24-48 hours. But if the Liposuction is done in 2-3 areas then you may suffer from pain for 2-3 days. There may occur some bruising which can last for 17-18 days.
Is there any risk or side effects?
If the Liposuction is done in a reputed Hospital through a well-experienced surgeon, then the risks are minimal. There are definitely certain minimal risks after any surgery, which is normal. Common side effect we see in patients after Liposuction is the collection of fluid which is called Seroma which is seen in less than 5% o our cases. apart from this, Bruising may occur for some period. But excluding these issues, it is quite safe if it is done by the well- an experienced or a well-trained surgeon in a controlled environment and in a healthy manner.
If you have any queries regarding Liposuction, You can contact me through Lybrate.
I had femilon for 21 days from 4th Oct to 24th Oct and in between had unprotected sex when I am supposed to have period.
My wife 23 years/ F, suffering from bone TB/ Pott's spine and at present she is pregnant. Her weight is 35 kg and body structure is very lean and skinny. Although its first month after testing via prega news kit as her period got misses, I need help in regards that shall we go for baby post description of her health. As her bone TB course duration is 1.5 years and she had completed the course for only 6 months. Beside this her health is not good but she wants baby and just because of her poor health I am afraid of any miss happening towards the life of baby and my wife. At present we do not have any baby, I am willing to have but due to my wife's present health conditions I thinking to drop the idea. Although we have approached a gynecologist and she said that TB can be spread to baby as mother and baby are connected in aspect of life. Please guide me.
Cooking is an art and we use various cooking procedures to make different recipes. But we have to consider the nutrients loss, nutrients denaturation while opting for cooking practices. I am sharing some tips on healthy cooking methods here.
1) Wash vegetables, fruits before cutting to avoid loss of vitamins and minerals.
2) Do not keep cut vegetables exposed to air for a longer time.
3) Avoid excessive heating of milk to retain protein quality.
3) Avoid reheating of oils and fats as it leads to formation of trans fatty acids and certain toxic substances.
5) Steaming vegetables is a healthier option than boiling.
6) Avoid using plastic containers to microwave foods instead use glass containers.
7) Avoid reheating in microwave.
8) Avoid leaching-discarding water after boiling vegetables/ sprouts.
Some healthy cooking methods are stir frying, steaming, broiling, grilling, baking.