Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leena SreedharYour feedback matters!
I am 3 month pregnant I have 3 child. Doctor said 2me keep a 2 child 1 child we abort so what is the chances of my pregnancy. Or my 2 child are safe. My age is now 40 I am doing ivf.
My elder daughter is 12years old. Her weight is 65kgs and height is 151cms (4ft 11 inches). Younger daughter is 8years old. Her weight is 42 kgs and height is 135 cms (4ft 5 inches). My question is - are they obese?
i-PILL is EMERGENCY contraceptive;not an abortion pill. it helps in preventing an unplanned pregnancy.
i-PILL should be taken within 72 hrs . It works most effectively if taken within 12 hrs of unprotected sex.
i-PILL is not suitable for teenagers.if you are thinking of i-PILL your age must be above 25 yrs.
- lower abdominal pain
- breast tenderness
- vaginal discharge
- excess bleeding or scanty bleeding for several days
- mess-up with menstrual cycle for longer time (3 to 6 months)
- decreases libido (sex drive)
- affects fertility
- higher chances of PCOS
- i-PILL have 10% failure rate
- i-PILL should not be repeated within 6 months
- i-PILL does not offer protection against HIV/AIDS & sexually transmitted diseases
Instead of this partner must use safer option like condom.it provides protection against unwanted pregnancy, HIV & sexually transmitted diseases
Sore clitoris after finishing my period. If splash water in the area it irritates/pain. I am a virgin. Is it due to friction from pads usage?
My wife is 19 years old and she feels severe pain before periods then it follows by bleeding and the pain is that much that she has to take pain killers does pain killers is good during periods.
Hello:) I have hypothyroid and pcod. Suddenly face gt dark Please suggest me some cream to get my glow back And Can I consume EVION 600 vitamin e capsule for my skin and health. As I have thyroid and pcod, so I'm confused If yes den how to take dis supplement. Before or after eating please suggest me wid the proper info And how to lighten darker inner thighs.
I am married and age 28 yrs. I have been suffering from sores on my genitals from last 3-4 days. I consulted a senior dermatologist, he prescribed me herpex cream and zovirax tablets 400 mg, does it mean I have genital herpes? But doctor is saying its due to viral, it will be cured. Please advice I am very confused?
Hi doctor, I underwent my iui on 9th of march and today is my 13th day after iui. I got few drops of blood when I urinated. Is that normal or does it says that my iui didn't work. Please advise. Thanks
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife shows no interest in sex though she co-operates and sometimes enjoys too. What can l do? Can hormone or other drug be beneficial? She is 47 and bulky but, so from the start.
Hello. I am having little bit of headache and nausea. And menstruation date is on 23rd yesterday I had little back pain and cramp for 5min later it was ok. Is that the sign of pregnancy? Please help me doctor.
Quit eating junk food and high-fat fast food. Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol. There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil -- what we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an Italian, a Spaniard, a greek! enjoy!
Me and my wife are planning for a baby. Both are working people. We did all the test and there is nothing abnormal. But when I try to do the intercourse not able to. Me penis is not getting sustained till the time it cums.
I Am a 32 year old ladies I am suffering from vaginal problem. Some liquid is come in vagina like water no smell but body pain.
Hello Lybrate doc, I am having hypothyroid taking 62 mg daily. At present according to reports my tsh level is 3.62 within the range. My weight is 60.8 kg, nd what should be my tsh level for me to conceive nd what should be my weight. And this tsh level hampers me if I conceive please suggest me.
Every couple should visit their doctor for it at least three months prior planning to have a baby.
Both partners should be physically and mentally healthy to start their journey of responsibility and joy.
2)What to expect on your visit to your doctor?
Your doctor will take a detailed medical history of yours and your family too. She will examine you and will advice some tests like blood sugars ; haemoglobin; thyroid tests; antibodies to rubella and toxoplasma and more depending on your history.The aim is to diagnose and treat any medical illness or deficiency found before you conceive.
3)Steps to be taken.......