Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leena GuptaYour feedback matters!
My friend & her bf bothare of 24 years age. Her period is 24 days. Her periods was on 3rd of feb. She had sex on 8th of feb (it was unprotected but he did not insert his sperms inside her. And also his sperms came out after few mints of getting his penis out). Again they had sex on 10th (same type unprotected without inserting sperms in her & sperms came out after 2-3 mints of getting penis out) but it was just 1 day before ovulation as next day she started getting white discharge. Now her periods was suppose to be on 26th feb (usually its 24 days cycle). But now she is saying she is slightly getting watery white discharge once in a day) and also her lips have become dry and dark. What could be the reason? Is she pregnant? Her periods will be on 26th feb.
I have been married for nearly two years. After marriage we thought we'd wait for a year to start a family, and at that time I was on pills. Last August I came off the pill, and I thought I would be pregnant soon, but that didn't happen. We've consulted doctors and went through a battery of tests, which were not only normal but optimal. So, we are thinking of trying alternative methods to conceive. I want to know what are our options, and what'll be the cost.
Im in my 33rd week of pregnancy. Vaginal discharge has increased in the 3rd trimester especially after I walk or exercise. Is this normal? Does vaginal discharge increase after activity? What kind of discharge is abnormal?
Hello mam my age is 25 I am girl and my weight is around 70 kg my breast is lifted down my body shape is not good because of it. please suggest me simple exercise or home remedies.
1 years back I did abortion which is due my ex boyfriend, next month my marriage whether my husband can able to find my virginity lose in first night. Any tips pls.
Hello, I am Dr Shobha Gupta. I am a director at Mothers Life IVF centre and here at Mothers Life IVF centre, we are treating the infertile couples.
So, first of all, we want to tell you, what is infertility?
Of the couple is unable to conceive after one year of unprotected sex and they are unable to conceive and pregnancy is not happening you must go to a specialist and infertility specialist basically an IVF centre, where all the facilities are available.
What are the causes of infertility in females?
It might be a tubal blockage and the tubes are not working and they are blocked, irregular menstrual cycle. Ovulation is not happening at the proper time and the couple is unaware about the fertile period and certain myths are there. In males, the basic problem is in the sperms either the decreased sperm count or the decreased motility is there. Lifestyle plays a vital role in causing infertility these days and stress is the main problem and also the diet and us after seeing lot many cases of PCOS i.e, Polycystic ovarian Syndrome, where the cycles are very irregular and the females are getting obese. There is hirsutism, that is unwanted facial hair and unwanted hair on the body and irregular menstrual cycle and they are not ovulating at the proper time. So these are lifestyle disorders. So you have to manage your weight. You have to improve your lifestyle. You have to manage your stress and then you have to consult an infertility specialist and go to an IVF centre so that all the tests are being done at the single time and where the problem is diagnosed and you are treated properly.
What are the treatment options available?
Suppose, the lady is not ovulating at the proper time so we do certain medications so that you can ovulate and then we do the follicular monitoring and then we tell you the fertile period. If the sperm count is less and the ovulation is not proper, then we can give you certain injections so that the egg ruptures and we can do IUI i.e, Intra Uterine Insemination . The Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is second option if the tubes are blocked and if the infertility is more than 3 to 4 years of duration. You can go to an infertility centre like an IVF centre we can do an IVF i.e, In vitro Fertilization, where we extract your eggs, match with your husband’s sperm and create an embryo and transfer in the uterus of the patient and they can conceive.
These days the success rate of IVF is very good and especially at our centre, it is brilliant because we treat you. Basically, we modify your lifestyle also we modify your stress level and then we treat you and the success rate is very good. In cases of male infertility, the Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is a very good technique to be opted for. In this, we inject the sperm directly and then we create embryos into the wife’s womb and they conceive very easily. So Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is the basic technique which should be used in like olygospermia where the counts are decreased and motility is decreased.
So, I am also available at Lybrate . If you want more information and any help our center is having all the facilities available.
You can consult me at lybrate , you can take appointment. You can consult me online; you can give a phone call.
All the best and stay healthy.
I am 28 year old suffering with pcod and weight gain. Please suggest me weight loss medicine. Now I am taking only glycomet 500. Please help me.
Fertility is a potential for reproduction. In other words, fertility is an ability to have babies or to reproduce. When fertility rate in a community, increases more babies are born. To produce an offspring it depends on age, health and other factors of the woman. When we talk about fertility rates it means the number of births that happen during a certain time period in a specific location. On the other end, lack of ability to reproduce is termed as infertility. There are various treatments to deal with fertility issues and one of the ancient and natural as well as a trusted treatment is Ayurveda.
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, a defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males. infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can't be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
Failure to reproduce
Ayurveda For Infertility
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and Spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease. Fertility problems are increasing these days for many young couples. There are many factors which account for this like Lifestyle, delayed marriages, diet, etc. But Ayurveda not only does explain how to increase fertility with herbal supplements, but it also focuses on how to have healthy children.
For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
- Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
- Uterus (Soil)
- Nourishment (Water)
- Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men, the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to the transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Foods to Nourish All Seven Dhatus (Bringhana)
- Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
- Dairy proteins, including milk, lassi, and panir (a fresh cheese made of milk)
- Whole grains
- Mung dhal
- Soaked almonds or soaked walnuts
- Dried fruits such as dates, figs, and raisins
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad dhal (available at Indian grocery stores) cooked with equal parts turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion.
Foods to Enhance the Reproductive Tissue (Vrishya)
- Date-milk shake
- Mango milkshake
- Rice pudding
Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin.
In general, it's important to eat a wide variety of foods in order to receive all the essential nutrients. Keep trying new vegetables and fruits, and rotate your menus to make sure you're not eating the same thing day after day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Mindfulness is increasingly being incorporated in exercise regimens. People want more than just a sexy body, and want a space to develop mindfulness whether that is breathing meditation affirmations etc.
- If under 40 years hold stretches for 30 seconds and above 40 holding it for 60 seconds as reaching 40 muscles become less pliable, so it needs to stretched longer.
- Sit-ups increase range of motion which makes abdominal muscles work harder and longer
- Pull the belly button towards spine and hold for 10 seconds while breathing normally and repeat for five times, as this will strengthen the core muscles within.
- Make sure gi (gastrointestinal tract) is healthy because as it absorbs nutrients. And take vitamins fibre minerals a probiotic and water. And drink at least two to three litres of water a day.
Hello Doctor, I'm seven and half months pregnant. I have diabetes during pregnancy. I take insulin and medicine two times. Suggest some diet plan for diabetes.
I am 22 weeks pregnant mujhe kuch dino s abdominal pain ho raha h aur motion bhi din mqi do s jyada time hote h meri doct n mujhe esomeprazole tablet and sazipro capsules aur tiniba 500 tablet di h five days k liye ye med safe h pregnancy mai.
Whole soy foods can protect against disease,
Provide nutritional benefits, and taste great in a
Variety of dishes! learn what makes soy so
Healthful, and ways to use this versatile food.
One of the healthiest changes you can make to
Your diet is to incorporate whole soy foods on a
Regular basis. Soy:
1. Is rich in protein, iron and compounds called
Isoflavones, which seem to protect against
Hormone-driven cancers such as prostate cancer
In men and breast cancer in women.
2. Helps protect your heart.
3. May help protect against lung cancer.
I recommend one to two daily servings of soy in
Relatively whole and unrefined forms such as a
Half-cup of tofu, tempeh, green soybeans
(edamame) or roasted soy nuts. You can also
Easily swap meat for tofu in dishes - baked tofu
Works well as a meat replacement in fajitas, stir
Fries and casseroles.
I took I pill on 28th of march and my regular periods date was 10th of every month; however, it was delayed by 2 weeks and came on 26th of march. I took three pregnancy tests each after a gap of one weeks of missed periods and one after the periods which lasted fir 5dats as usual. All the hpt were negative. And the health is normal as of know. completely normal. Please advice is there anything to be worried and pregnancy is prevented.
I am 30 years old single woman. I had my periods on 10th which last for 4 days as usual. So I just want to know if a Dr. can examine that I already had my periods or not. Because due to some circumstances m lying to my partner that I have not had my periods n we had sex on the same month. So he is insisting me to visit Dr. without testing it. He mite have doubt dat m lying. So will dat Dr. reveal dat I already had my periods?
Hi. I am 27 years old. We are planning for a baby .usually my menstrual cycle will happen normally (31 days). But this time I got period on 40th day. Is there any particular reason for period delay.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however, does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
I am getting sleep very late my latent period is about 2 hours please advice me what to do?/n I am getting recurrent cold and d cough which medicine good for that?
Indigestion is a term used to describe a feeling of fullness or discomfort during or after a meal. It can be accompanied by burning or pain in the upper stomach.
Home remedies for indigestion
1. Mix equal part of ginger juice (adrak ka rass) with lemon juice (nimbu ka rass) and add some rock salt (sendha namak, khanij namak) and take it before meals.
2. Take 2-3 gm of dried ginger powder with lukewarm water.
3. Take carrot juice.
4. Take 1 tsp. Of peppermint oil three times a day between meals.
5. Chew and swallow a spoonful of fennel or caraway seeds stop indigestion.
6. Roast, grind and sieve fennel seeds. Take half a teaspoon of this powder along with water twice daily.
7. Take 10 gm of old jaggery (gudha) with a pinch of long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder
8. Mix 3 gm of ajowan (ajwain) powder with 3 gm of dried ginger powder and take it one hour before meals.