Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Leelavati Thakur
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Infection
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Leelavati ThakurYour feedback matters!
I am getting a bad sensation of itching when ever I doo exercise or I whenever I do any physical work and it lasts fo 4-5min and if I stop working it also stops. What should I do to prevent this?
Hormones play an important role in our health as they affect many of the body’s processes. More often than not, hormonal imbalances are caused by changes in estrogen and are more common in females than males. Hormonal changes typically occur during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.
In addition, factors like advancing age, poor diet, too much or too little exercise, adrenal exhaustion and stress, lack of sleep, birth control pills, toxins and chemicals like pesticides contribute to hormonal imbalance.
Some common symptoms of this problem include anxiety, irritability, mood swings, insomnia, fatigue, weight problems, excess hair growth or hair loss, migraines, low sex drive, oily or dry skin, acne, food cravings, premenstrual syndrome, infertility and others.
As hormones impact metabolic functions, paying attention to sensations like your hunger, energy and cravings can give you a faint clue as to whether your hormones are in balance.
You can use natural home remedies and herbs to alleviate symptoms and even help restore your hormonal balance. It’s also important to consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Ask for your doctor’s advice before taking any herbal remedy or starting a supplement regimen, especially if you have a hormone-sensitive condition, such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis, breast cancer, uterine cancer or ovarian cancer.
Hi Doctors, My tummy is fat. How I can control my tummy fat? And I am not taking more meals. Breakfast khichdi or dalia, lunch time 2 or 3 chapati and dinner time 2 or 3 chapati. Please suggest me.
Mere ko left eye se black dot dekhai deta h or mere white hair bhi hote ja rahe h aisa kyu? Please answer me.
I have some dry skin issues on my ear lobe. It seems like the dry skin are coming out with itching sensation. What should I do?
Is it good to have safi after papaya if yes then please tell me the time gap between safi and papaya?
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Drinking even the best filtered unboiled water is harmful for you in several ways:
1. Science led evidences in ayurveda explain the cause mechanism effects of drinking unboiled water.
2. Slows down metaboilsm, impairs circulation, paves for indigestion, infections and inflammatory disorders.
4. Increases the chances of metabolic syndrome and even heart attack in susceptible persons.
5. Ayurveda advocates specific science led evidence based medicated water (medicines vary according to pathogenesis) to be used by an individual to maintain health as well as to reverse disease, which when followed will tremendously reverse morbidity.