Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Leela GuptaYour feedback matters!
Main Monday ko femilon tablet two lana tha mai ek hi kaye mai next day mai teen tablet la sakti ho kya.
I am pcos patient and I have many problems I am taken cycle medicine than I have periods and I have hair fail, weight gain, acne problem please suggest me some treatment I am in trouble.
I had sex one week ago. I have a 28 days menstrual cycle. Though some times my period occurs 2-3days earlier or later than the expected date. Last month my period started on 3rd june. And my expected next period starting day is on 1st july. But, now I am having a creamy white vaginal discharge. Does that mean that I have got pregnant?
I am 21 years old. Recently I have missed my periods, I generally have irregular periods. I have been on medication for 6 months n next tym I got it on time now it is missed. I had unprotected intercourse during the period but I had unwanted 72 after it but beyond 72 hours but before 75 hours. I m tensed as I have missed my period and now there has been 10 days from the date. There was little spotting after 10 dayd of my last period as well. I am feeling dizziness since 2-3 days. I have 9. 3 hemoglobin and even took thyroid precautionary medicine before. Please suggest.
We are a married couple since four years. But we do not have a child till now. We have done all the test suggested by the gynecologists. The results of all the test were positive. Even the doctors said both of you are absolutely fine. There is no issue. We even tried IVF once still it was unsuccessful. Can anyone advise us what to do next.
I am 25 years married girl. I have PCOD for past 3 years. I need to get pregnant. Give me some advice.
I have frequent pee problem from last few days. And sometimes my stomach cramps and my vagina also pains. Am I pregnant.
How can I control my belly and waist as after delivery of my first girl child both of them getting to large.
I am 20 year old female. I missed my periods. The due date was 24 December. 3 pregnancy tests came negative. I was involved in unprotected coitus with my partner. Am I pregnant. If not, whats the reason for my delayed periods.
Mam yesterday I had. Sex with my bf I took ipill with in 1 hr. I am finding some spotting is it common side effect? Plz.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.