Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leela GuptaYour feedback matters!
Asked I am 37 yes old female. Pregnant for 3.5 months. I am having sleeping disorder since my second trimester started. I sleep at night but after 2-3 hrs I wake up could not able to sleep. I tried everything from hot milk to meditation nothing is working. My doctor prescribed me with medicine to sleep valium 10 mg in night. Is it safe to take these medicine.
Hi. I am 37 weeks pregnant and till now I had diarrhea every month from 33rd week I am having almost after every 3 days. Because of which I am unable to have rich diet. I am also having iron deficiency. So can you please suggest me some remedies for repeated diahrroea so that I can have better food. Thank you.
Hello mam Mam me apne gf ke sath 3 august ko physical relation bnaya tha. We did not use condom. Fer usi din us ne Emergency Contraception pill le li thi. But 15 august ko us ko pehle dark bleeding hui fer agle din thik ho hya. Lekin 28 august ko us ko ek var fer bleeding hui. Bas ek hi din hui. Or us k baad aj 25 September hai. Abhi tak period nhi aye. Pregnancy test negative hai. Laboratory test bhi negative hai. please help us.
Hi Doctor, I had miscarriage one month ago. I had bleeding for a week. Later after a week I had brown egg white discharge for 2 weeks. I had unprotected sex. Now I am having sharp cervix pain and watery discharge and brown egg white discharge. My cervix is high and firm. I am having frequent thirst and hunger. Can I be pregnant. When to do pregnancy test. To confirm it. Or else it's a sign of periods. please suggest me the best I will be very much thankful.
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Elbow pain may be caused due to a variety of reasons from injuries to fractures and ligament pulls or tears. This is most commonly experienced by people who are into sports, including those who play tennis, golf and other such sports that require intense arm movements.
So, let us look at the six most common reasons behind elbow pain:
- Medial Epicondylitis: This condition creates pain in the inner tendon within the elbow and is usually termed as 'golfer's elbow'. It basically occurs due to the constant swinging and throwing motion that a sports person may indulge in. When these movements are repeated on a constant basis, there is wear and tear as well as acute pain in the area. Also, an injury to the wrist can cause this pain in the elbow.
- Lateral Epicondylitis: This condition is commonly known as 'tennis elbow'. The affected area under this condition includes the outside tendons of the elbow. This is caused due to swinging, hitting, hammering and punching motions that are repeated too often. It is commonly experienced by cooks, artists, carpenters, automobile workers, and plumbers and people who use heavy tools.
- Olecranon Bursitis: This condition is also known as 'student's elbow' and usually occurs due to constant writing and gripping motion which affects the bursae. These are small fluid filled sacs that lubricate the joints even as the protection happens. The symptoms include swelling and pain. There is also risk of infection and redness in this condition.
- Osteoarthritis: The cartilage of the joints gets affected in this condition which is the connective tissue that exists in the joints. This condition causes wear and tear of the joints and bones which leads to pain in the various areas including the elbow. Medication and physiotherapy are good measures for treatment.
- Fracture: Sometimes, dislocation or fracture may lead to pain in the outstretched arm or elbow. Dislocation may take place when a bone moves from its aligned spot. The symptoms will include obvious swelling and acute pain in the elbow.
- Ligament Damage: Strains and sprains in the ligaments within the elbow joint can lead to this damaging condition. Torn or stretched ligaments are the most common outcomes in this kind of injury and damage.
To find out which reason may be the culprit behind your elbow pain, you will need to see a general physician or an orthopaedic specialist who will run you through a series of tests and examinations including X rays, MRI scans and others in order to ascertain the cause and treatment. A sports injury specialist can also help in diagnosis and treatment.