Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lavi SindhuYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 year old female. My sexual partner was manually stimulating my clitoris and vagina, a little too rough and long. After that I experienced minor bleeding, pain, soreness and extreme swelling of the left labia minora. Is this normal? I have been applying a cold compress on the swollen area. What should I do?
Today I sucked my girlfriend boobs, she is a teen and after 10 hrs or so it is still paining and irritating for her. It looks like blood has come from her nipples. Kindly suggest some home remedies for her. I don't wanna take her to a physician and make her get afraid or panic Please suggest me.
Me and my gf had sex on 3 July . She had a Ipill within one day only but still no sign of period as her periods used to come on 21 only . Do we need to consult a doctor. After how many days normally pregnancy gets detected. Please hlep.
I have been experiencing sticky opaque cervical mucus since yesterday. I have a 35 day cycle and I gt my periods on d 16th of may. Hw do I knw wen il ovulate. Im realy anxious to conceive.
A lot of diets claim to help ‘boost’ metabolism – but can you really do anything to help your body burn calories faster?
Let us understand a little about how your metabolism works. The metabolic process involves a complex network of hormones and enzymes that not only convert food into fuel, but also affect how efficiently you burn that fuel. How fast you burn calories is influenced by your age ; your gender and proportion of lean body mass . So some people have high metabolic rate as compared to others.
Even though you are not born with “skinny genes” , you can still speed up your metabolism i.e. increase your body’s ability to burn calories faster.
Exercise. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster.
Besides exercise there are other things which boost up your metabolim.
- Spices: Research has found red peppers can rev up your metabolism, while also helping you feel full. Hot sauce, hot peppers, ginger, cloves, cayenne, coriander, bay leaves, and dry mustard share this capacity to boost metabolism.
2. Caffeinate: Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated (but low or no-calorie) beverages may also help burn calories faster. In fact, caffeine may boost your metabolic rate for up to three hours after consumption. But don’t overdo caffeine if it gives you the jitters or keeps you up at night. For most people, 3-4 cups per day is tolerable.
3. Stay Hydrated: Even mild dehydration has been found to decrease your metabolic rate by 2%, so staying well hydrated is an easy way to help boost overall metabolic rate. People who drink either eight or twelve glasses of water a day have higher metabolic rates than those who have four.
4. Eat More Often: Small, frequent meals help keep your metabolism high , and that means you’ll burn more calories overall. When you put too many hours between meals, your metabolism actually slows down to compensate. If you then eat a huge meal — at the same time your metabolism is functioning as if you’re starving — your body wants to hold on to every calorie. While this won’t make much difference on an occasional basis, it can become more difficult to lose weight or maintain weight a healthy weight if you frequently skip meals.
Food is important for the health and growth of your hair as well, like all other body parts. The only difference is that you have to supply the food to the hair follicles before the hair strand grows since once it grows out it is nothing but a dead cell and nothing can make the hair thicker or straighter or healthier. But a healthy diet can keep the hair follicles nourished and the scalp healthy thus preventing hair fall and other various ailments that cause hair fall.
Just like your skin, you hair shows damage through dieting too. Just that the skin shows immediately and the hair to show the extent of damage would take longer. But nevertheless a crash dieting or an unhealthy lifestyle would surely take a toll on your hair too along with your skin.
Causes of unhealthy hair: there are also many other reasons for unhealthy hair too like,
1. Excessive smoking,
2. Excessive alcohol consumption
3. Unclean hair regularly etc,
But maintaining a healthy diet throughout would help in combating these much more effectively than any cosmetic products ever can.
There are many food stuffs that can help in healthy hair growth. Taking just any food that is regarded as healthy will not help. You have to know exactly, what ingredients favor in building block of healthy hair. In which food you would get these ingredients. You have to then include these foods into your daily diet plan. For instance protein is the most important ingredient that aids in healthy hair growth. The reason is that the hair strand is mostly made of protein and hence a protein rich diet would ensure that your hair stand is strong such that it does not break easily.
List of protein rich foods:
1. Whole eggs
5. Cottage cheese
6. Greek yogurt
12. Pumpkin seeds
13. Turkey breast
14. Fish (all types)
16. Brussels sprouts
Healthy scalp is necessary for healthy hair too and for healthy scalp you would need a diet rich in iron, vitamin e and some essential minerals like copper, selenium and magnesium. Vitamin d is also important. You would get vitamin d through the sunlight but remember that too much sunlight can damage the hair instead of supplying it with vitamin d. For protein, minerals and vitamin e, you should take ample amounts of fishes like salmon, eggs, leafy vegetables like spinach as well as lentils too.
It is important though that you consult a good doctor first before taking all the above mentioned food at once. Your doctor can plan out a balanced diet for you.