Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Latika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LatikaYour feedback matters!
Madam, I am 34 years old and my last periods was on 20.06.2017 and today is already 24.07.2017 and my normal monthly cycle is every month early periods by 7 or 5 days but this time I was taking CALCIUM TABLETS - EZORB FORTE and I am having acidity problem for which I had taken prescribed medicines for 10 (from 27.06.2017 to 6.07.2017). Kindly let me know whether the delay of my periods is due to these calcium and other medications.
There are many condiments used for flavouring in Indian cooking. We also have many ingredients that can bring us health benefits. Khus khus or poppy seeds are one of the staple Indian condiments that we use in pulses, curries and other vegetable preparations. This condiment is also known for its varied health benefits that many of us may not be aware of.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of poppy seeds.
- Constipation: Poppy seeds are known to drive away and prevent constipation. This condiment can also remove gas. These seeds keep your stomach feeling full for a much longer time. It can be added to your food so that you can avoid constipation and other problems like gas and indigestion. This is due to the fact that poppy seeds carry plenty of dietary fibres.
- Sleep problems: Khus khus is also a well known ingredient that can be taken with warm milk and sugar to help in curing sleep disorders like insomnia. This ingredient helps in inducing sleep and is known to be an excellent way in which one can cure sleeplessness. The milk with poppy seeds must be ingested at least an hour before you sleep.
- Respiratory problems: If you have been suffering from asthma and other respiratory issues for a very long time, then this might just be the cure for you. One can have poppy seeds as this ingredient acts like a decongestant of sorts and helps in keeping the airways and the throat tract clear. It reduces the amount of cough that one may be having, which helps in better management of the respiratory problem being faced.
- Radical attacks: Any radical attacks like a sudden spike in one’s cholesterol and blood pressure as well as cardiac arrest can also be prevented with the help of poppy seeds along with a good diet and exercise routine. Poppy seeds are a well-known source of antioxidants and one can have plenty of this in order to avoid coming down with any sudden and serious health issues.
- Kidney stones: With the help of poppy seeds and its antioxidants as well as dietary fibers, it is possible to routinely flush out all those toxins that can otherwise accumulate in your body. These toxins usually give rise to conditions like kidney stones and other related issues. Ingesting poppy seeds on a regular basis can go a long way in avoiding such issues.
- Pain killer: Whatever kind of pain we may be suffering from, and for whatever reason or condition, chewing on poppy seeds can actually help in giving substantial pain relief. It can relieve you of tooth aches as well as muscular and neurological pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I had unprotected sex on the 6th day of my period and I had an emergency contraceptive pill the next day and now it's 6.days I had the pill and I started bleeding yesterday if it is withdrawal bleeding how long will it last? And will I get my periods again this month? And are they anyy chances of pregnancy? I am really worried? I am even getting headaches and mild fever is it the side effects of the pill? Please help I don't wanna get pregnant I am still studying!
Our digestive system is made up of a complex set up of organs, enzymes, secretions and much more. In order to ensure that they all function in tandem with each other so that our digestion works properly, we need to take many measures. Solid food and liquids both go hand in hand when it comes to digesting your food properly. Water is one of the main elements that one must ingest regularly during the day so that the body remains hydrated and the stool also softens. It is also a digestive aid. Yet, there are two varied schools of thought when it comes to drinking water during one’s meals. While some people say that it is good, there are others who say that it should not be practiced. So let us find out whether having water during your meals is a good thing or not.
- Stomach Acids: If we are to look at water during a meal from the perspective of our stomach acids, then most doctors will tell you that there is no problem in having water with your food. The main doubt here is whether or not the acidic fluid flowing through our stomach may become too diluted with the consumption of water. However, this does not happen. Various medical studies conducted by reliable hospitals and sources under a controlled environment have shown that the stomach’s pH balance is not affected by the consumption of water during a meal.
- Digestive Process: While the stomach acids may not suffer due to consumption of water during a meal, there are other schools of thought where people refrain from drinking water with food so that better digestion may be achieved. But this is also not entirely true. Digestion is well-known for being a complicated process where many elements need to work together for its proper functioning. This function includes a comfortable and healthy body and state of mind after one has a meal. Therefore, it is more important to have the right kind of food at the right time in a proper environment instead of rushing through one’s meals and eating junk all the time.
- Constipation and Overeating: Drinking water during the meal can help in curbing constipation as it helps in softening the stool. It also helps in clearing the food from the digestive track in a better and timely manner so that the toxins and stool do not remain there. This is due to the fact that drinking water during meals keeps the digestive track well-lubricated. Also, when you drink water with your meals, you tend to avoid overeating as water fills up substantial portion your stomach. Further, water has important nutrients that can suffice for your nutritional requirements along with food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 27 weeks pregnant. I have low lying placenta. Previously I had c-section 7 years back now I am getting a sever pain in my right side lower abdomen.
A woman’s body is controlled by hormones beyond imagination. Be it her mood or her hair, hormones play an important role in all of it. Menopause is a turning phase in a woman’s life. With the estrogens levels reducing in the body, there are multiple changes that the body goes through, and hair loss is also one of them. Imagine clumps of hair coming out when you comb or a patch of baldness on your scalp. For women, as it is, menopause brings a depressing phase, and this hair loss adds to their woes.
Why does it happen?
Menopause causes a reduction in estrogen levels, which is essential for hair growth. Therefore, low levels of estrogen lead to significant hair fall. In parallel, if there is an increase in testosterone levels, it results in shrinking hair follicles and promotes hair growth. This, in turn, leads to increased hair growth on the face and hands.
The additional medications that are being taken, food habits, lifestyle habits like alcohol and tobacco, and stress also add to the hair fall.
However, the only way to deal with it to correct the hormonal imbalance in the body.
- General hair care: With menopause setting in, make sure you switch to a gentler shampoo and be easy on your hair. Remove tangles with care. Use a softer comb.
- Give your scalp a good massage to improve blood flow and promote hair growth
- If required, apply oil or creams which have keratin to strengthen hair.
- Hair care tools: Reduce the use of dryers and ironing tools. Perming and coloring also can make it dry and brittle, which is easier to break.
- When you are out exercising, make sure your hair is well protected. Swimming caps, wide-brimmed hats are essential to prevent hair from direct damage.
- Ensure there is sufficient protein, minerals, and vitamins in your diet to provide the ingredients for hair growth. Including fish, walnuts, almonds, and other fatty foods is a good way to nourish your hair externally.
- Manage stress via multiple ways – meditation, exercise, music, yoga, etc. Stress in itself leads to hair fall, and so controlling stress is very important
- Drink it up: Water is one of an essential ingredient and drinking up to 8 glasses a day help a great deal in managing hair health too.
- Exercise: It is very important to pick an exercise regimen that works for you and adhere to it. Whatever works for you, be it gymming, swimming, cycling, jogging, or running. This not only controls hair fall, but also improves the overall quality of your life.
Menopause doesn't necessarily be the end of a phase, it can also be the beginning of another great one!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Litchi (lychee) health benefits:-
1] Antioxidant – litchi (lychee) is a very good antioxidant fruit. It has good amount of vitamin c and flavanoids that protect the body from oxidative stress. Hence litchi (lychee) is a good anti-ageing fruit. It keeps the body’s organs and skin free from oxidative damage. Litchi helps in improving overall immunity of the body. Litchi helps in cases of inflammations and cancers. Litchi contains quercitin and kaemferol which may be helpful in reducing the cancer cell proliferation.
2] Prevents from heart diseases – litchi has good amount of poly-phenols and soluble fibre pectin, both these nutrients helps in binding up the excess bad cholesterol and removing it from the body. Hence it helps in maintaining a good blood flow to heart and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and maintains blood pressure near normal.
3] Helps in formation of blood cells – litchi have a good amount of all those nutrients that are required for blood cell formations viz – vitamin c, iron, folate, copper, manganese and magnesium.
4] Helps against degenerative diseases – the amazing amount of vitamin c in litchi helps in protecting against all degenerative diseases (increasing age-related) like arthritis, asthma, atherosclerosis, heart disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, diabetes, cancers and many more.
5] Beautiful skin -litchi contains oligonol which helps in reducing fine lines and dark spots on the skin. Litchi can be used as face packs too. The vitamin c helps in slowing the ageing process. Litchi helps in keeping the skin hydrated and the copper in litchi helps in speeding up the healing process of the damaged skin.
6] Beautiful hair – litchi’s excellent vitamin c content helps in maintaining good micro circulation. It helps in providing good blood flow to the hair follicles. Vitamin c, along with b vitamins helps in obtaining healthy, lustrous, and shining hair. This small fruit is a store house of health benefits.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.