Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LatikaYour feedback matters!
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
After eating I pill after how much days periods arrive? And my cycle is not fixed sometimes I get periods early and sometimes late.
Hi I'm 25 years old I am not knowing whether required amount of sperms are entering in my vagina or not to conceive, because most of the sperms comes outside after intercourse, we are doing intercourse once daily in every alternative day in between 6th day to 18th day after my periods.
Sir meri Bibi ko 2 bacche he Dono dilivry operation he to kya me 3 bacche k liye bivi ko pragnet kar Sakta hu koi problem to nahi hongi na Please btaye.
I'm 23old male. Suffering from haemutria blood in urine. Nothing shown in ultrasound and blood test and urine test. Except blood in urine identified in urine test that is plenty of erythrocytes and 4+RBC. I'm using course given by my urologist. I'm getting mild headache on right side of my head from a week. Is it due to loss of blood or eye sight problem. I'm not feeling weak. No fever. Is it serious condition. I saw red color urine only after when I stressed a lot or after not eating anything is it due to gastric problem.
Hi Dr. Now I am 35 week 4 days pregnant My fetal biometry parameters are BPD 89 mm 37 week HC 320 mm 37 weeks 6 days AC 304 mm 36 weeks 4 days FL 66 mm 34 week 5 days Fetal weight 2468 grms Baby growth is normal or in higher side? BPD, AC,FL ,HC values are ok? My gtt test result is Glucose fasting 88 mg/dL Glucose 1 hour 122 mg/dL Glucose 2 hour. 70 mg/dL.
Does a daily physical relation with a guy since age of 16 without protection can lead to pregnancy problems after her marriage and baby.
I am 19,BT I don't have any improvement in my breast growth,can u suggest me the medicine,which is available in medical stores
Traditionally, the use of honey stretches back to time immemorial. It is still considered one of the most precious gifts of nature to mankind. Modern research also suggests that honey has unique medicinal and nutritional properties. Honey should be incorporated in your daily diet as it is one food which is naturally beneficial for your overall health and does have any side effects.
Following are the traditional uses of honey, according to ayurveda:
1. Prevents anemia: Honey contains high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are very essential for building hemoglobin. According to ancient texts, honey is a traditional cure as well as prevention for anemia as it helps in maintaining the optimum level of red blood corpuscles and hemoglobin.
2. Promotes eye health: Honey has been used to treat various eye diseases since ancient times. It is known to improve vision with daily application. It is an effective cure against diseases like conjunctivitis, trachoma or even something as minor as eye itching. It is also beneficial to treat glaucoma in the early stages.
3. Skin care: Ancient texts on ayurveda mention that external application of honey is effective in curing sores or other wounds. It works like an antiseptic and helps to soothe pain and hastens the healing process. It is also used to treat skin burns or carbuncles.
4. Cure for coughs: Honey is extremely useful in treating coughs. It works as a demulcent which aids in soothing the swollen mucous membrane present on the upper respiratory tract. It relieves you from irritating coughs and associated symptoms like frequent spurts of cough while talking and difficulty in swallowing. It is a chief ingredient in ayurvedic cough syrups for the same reason. You can also try honey gargles to relieve pain from throat inflammation.
Hi My fiance wants take Pill to postpone her periods, is there any side effects by taking that pill, and how many Pills she needs to take to postpone the periods? And when she can take this ?can you please suggest me. her last menstrual was 29th ,she wants to postpone her period this month from 23 to 28.
Hi im on my menstruation now and blood smells bad. Can I drink amibazole while im on period? How many days do I need to drink?
A breast lump is a restricted swelling, projection, lump or knot in the breast that doesn't feel like a breast tissue. There are diverse reasons why breast lumps occur.
Not all lumps are cancer. These can also be breast conditions that are not harmful and which can be easily curable.Knots that feel harder or are not the same as the rest of the breast need to be checked. This kind of irregularity might be an indication of breast cancer.
A self-examination should be your starting point. This is how you can detect a lump on your own:
Step 1: Begin by taking a look at your breast in the mirror. Keep your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
This is what you need to search for:
- Breasts that are their typical size, shape, and shading
- Breasts that are uniformly formed without distortion or swelling
In the event that you see any of the changes mentioned below, convey them to your doctor:
- Dimpling, puckering, or protruding of the skin
- A nipple that is not in its initial position
- Redness, rash or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the changes mentioned above.
Step 3: While you're in front of the mirror, search for any indications of liquid or blood discharge from the nipples.
Step 4: Next, examine your breasts while resting.Use Your right hand to feel your left breast and use your left hand to feel your right breast. Cover the whole breast from your collarbone to the highest point of your mid-region, and from your armpit to your cleavage to search for any lumps.
Step 5:Examine your breasts while either standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest approach to examine their breasts is when their skin is wet, so this step could be done while taking a bath as well.
- Mammogram: Mammography is a technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: Breast ultrasound utilises sound waves to create pictures of the breasts from the inside.
- Breast MRI:This involves using an effective and attractive field, and radio frequency pulses to create photos of the insides of the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: During this sort of biopsy, utilising ultrasound imaging to discover the bump, a radiologist will give you anesthesia and afterward insert a needle into the lump to evacuate some tissue for assessment under a magnifying lens. Stereotactic biopsy and an X-ray-guided biopsy may also be used.
- In case the knot turns out to be cancerous, surgery is typically performed.
- You may have a few discussions with different doctors for additional treatment, including radiation treatment and chemotherapy or hormone treatment.
What is PCOD?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a disorder that causes innumerable hormonal disorders. It causes disruption in the normal menstrual cycle, often delaying it. Having been diagnosed with PCOD makes a woman prone to diabetes, cholesterol and cancer. A large number of cysts develop on the ovaries which enlarge when afflicted by this condition. PCOD can increase the chances of severe muscle spasms during one’s periods.
Causes Of PCOD-
The cysts are mostly caused due to hormonal changes and fluctuations.
It could be genetic.
PCOD can also be a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that includes little rest, inadequate sleep and unwholesome diet lacking in the right nutrients.
Symptoms Of PCOD-
Difficulty in losing weight
Excessive hair on body as well, including chest, stomach and back
Irregular menstrual cycle. Women may miss their periods, or bleed more than once a month
Extremely heavy bleeding
Severe pain and muscular cramps during menstruation
Problems getting pregnant
High blood pressure
Other serious hormonal disorders
It can lead to diabetes
It can lead to repeated miscarriages
A major risk of PCOD if left untreated, is that it can lead to endometrial cancer
Diet For PCOD-
A healthy diet along with physical activities and abstinence from smoking can help to reduce the symptoms of PCOD and prevent the disease.
Increase the intake of fresh, green vegetables.
Cutting down on junk, fried food and most importantly, processed food.
Abstaining from or greatly reducing the intake of alcohol.
Including lots of fibre, roughage in the diet.
Cutting down on sugary, aerated drinks.
Including lean proteins in the diet.
Reduce dairy products as milk may raise the levels of testosterones in the body.
Reducing or eliminating consumption of caffeine may help to increase chances of a fertile reproductive system.
Prevent yourself from giving in to unhealthy food cravings. Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals.
Include fruits, nuts and colourful veggies in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I'm not getting my monthly period from last 2 months and I already check 2 times by prega news. Its result is coming negative. and before 2 months back I took the carpela and my thyroid nproteintest is normal. Please suggest.
26 unmarried girl having menstrual problem like 10 days delay, severe leg, hand and breast pain in that 10-15days of periods timing. And also feels breast heavy during that time.
An estimated 22%of mercury used worldwide each year goes into electrical and electronic equipment including batteries flat panel display screens and switches and can cause damage to the brain, spinal cord, kidneys, liver and even for developing fetus.