Know the reasons of choosing Non-Surgical Facelift
Hello. I am Dr. Latika Arya. I am a Dermatologist at L.A Skin and Aesthetic Clinic, Defense Colony, New Delhi. Today, I will be talking about non-surgical facelifts.
Yes, it is possible to get a facelift without going under the knife. No wonder people are choosing non-surgical facelifts over surgical facelifts because they are so convenient to do, there is hardly any downtime and the results are very natural. So, today I will be talking about the various options which are available for non-surgical facelifts. So, the most popular one is the liquid facelift. It’s called liquid facelift because it is performed through the injection of fillers and Botox through very tiny injections into the face. These are very popular because the result is instant, there is hardly any downtime and it instantly lifts the chin and the sagging jaw line.
The face is accessed first, and your treatment plan is discussed with you and the treatments are scheduled after putting a little numbing cream and it is not only addresses the facelift but it also takes care of the wrinkles and even if younger patients want to augment their certain features likes lips, cheeks, or they want to narrow their jaw line, correct the nose, all these things can be also taken care of. Next, a popular non-surgical facelift is the vampire facelift. This is relatively a new procedure which has become very popular because it is quite affective. It is uses your own blood and the platelets are extracted by processing the blood in a sterile manner and these are injected onto the face, a series of three to four treatments are required and gradually you start to notice effacement of the wrinkles, lifting of the skin and improvement in skin quality. Then, another popular way to lift the face is Thread Facelift. These are non-surgical threads. These are made up of absorbable material. These are inserted under the skin with very fine needles and it is put in the area where the lift is required. Again, the results come gradually and it’s very natural, it lifts the cheeks, narrows the jaw line and even takes care of the double chin.
Then there is another skin tightening procedure which is done with the help of machines that is laser radio frequency devices and ultrasonic. This is available by the name of thermage, ultherapy, secret, fraxel etc. These all we are doing and this helps to renew the collagen in your skin which gradually lifts the skin. Now, there are some people who don’t want to go for very aggressive treatments but yet they want to maintain their skin so for them prevention is recommended by the use of sunscreen, good anti-aging products and they can do maintenance treatments with the mesotherapy in which the collagen stimulating molecules, solutions, and agents are infused into the skin via electroporation. So, gradually the skin starts to improve and maintains itself and not to forget is the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle and sun protection, healthy diet, exercise, proper exercise, these go a long way in preventing aging and preventing the skin sagging.
So, if you are interested in these non-surgical treatments and would like to know more about them, you can contact us through Lybrate or you can visit our clinic L.A Skin and Aesthetic Clinic at Defense Colony in New Delhi. We would be happy to help you. Thank you.read more
Implementation and Benefits of Helios Laser
Hello! I am Dr. Latika Arya from LS Skin and Aesthetic clinic. I am a dermatologist and my main interests are in the treatment of pigmentary disorders, acne, lasers and anti ageing treatments. Today, I will be talking about a laser called Helios Laser. Helios is a Q switch ND:YAG fractional laser which has the latest and all the advanced innovations. This is basically used to treat pigmentary conditions like freckles, age spots, melasma, post inflammatory hyper pigmentation, burn marks, acne marks and for general skin toning. And, it is also used to treat birthmarks, pigmented birthmarks, etc.
It is also used to treat tattoos and it also has a mode in which collagen can be tightened thus it helps to improve pores and scars. This laser also bleaches the fine hair and therefore it helps in taking care of hair growth. This laser also has a use in treating toenail fungus which is very difficult to treat sometimes with medical therapy. So, the advantage of this laser is that it has got four hand pieces which is the very 1st time in any Q Switch ND:YAG laser. It has a proprietary 4g toning technology. Basically, it means that the toning of the skin occurs at four different levels from superficial to the deep, so that the pigments at all levels are targeted.
The most popular use of this laser is for laser toning. So what is laser toning? Basically it is the use of this laser to even out the skin complexion taking care of tan and the dullness. After a few sessions the skin becomes lightened, more glowing and reflectant. And the best part of this laser is that it has no down time. Being an advanced new laser (therapy) and a great technology safety is big advantage of this, there are hardly any side effects and it's very safe to use. Even over longer sessions there is no damage to the skin and the results are great.
Now I will just demonstrate to you how this laser is used and how comfortable the procedure is for the patient.
(Doctor says to patient), "I will be covering your eyes."
The patient's skin is already being cleaned and the patient is instructed how the laser is going to feel and now I am going to start the laser.
The laser is very convenient to use. The patient doesn’t feel any discomfort. This is a rejuvenating energy in which there is instant lightening and brightening . There is an immediate glow. The fine hairs are lightened and we can target the pigment areas. And the whole procedure is very quick, it hardly takes 10 to 15 minutes. There is not much down time. There is a mild redness which goes away in 15 minutes and the patient can go back to their normal routine.
(Doctor says to patient), "Are You comfortable"
(Patient's reply), "Yes Ma’m"
Incase you are interested to know more about this laser you can contact us through Lybrate or you can visit our clinic and schedule an appointment at LS Skin and aesthetics clinic, New Delhi. Thank you.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Latika AryaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I saw Latika Arya clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred her. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have hair loss. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the L A Skin & Aesthetic Clinic is so nice. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Latika Arya did it immediately and started the hair loss treatment for it. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my hair loss, but she has helped me immensely. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again.
Thanks to Dr Latika Arya for the hair fall treatmnet she gave me. I am totally satisfied with the results. I have had this hair fall from quite some time.Dr Latika Arya doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. She recommended few blood tests which helped to find out the root cause of my hair fall, Accordingly The lab in the L A Skin & Aesthetic Clinic was very clean and well managed. I was diagnosed with hair fall. She is one of the best Dermatologist in the city.
I read about Dr.Latika Arya on one of the social media platform. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. Latika Arya has expert knowledge in the field. I was having the problem of greying hair. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. L A Clinic had all the amenities, a patient requires. Overall greying hair treatment was very effective. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from greying hair. I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
Dr Latika Arya has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The waiting area in the L A Skin & Aesthetic Clinic is very comfortable for all patients. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair growth. A friend of mine referred to Dr Latika Arya. Whatever tests Dr Latika Arya prescribed, were very correct and they gave us an exact idea about my hair growth. The hair growth traetment was very beneficial.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my complexion. I was quite depressed , One of my colleague referred Dr Latika, she is one of a known dermatologist in Delhi. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I am so thankful to Dr Latika for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. During the treatment, Dr Latika Arya supported me a lot. My boss referred me to her. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. she is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. The L A Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital.
I wasworried to have Dark Skin. I wasnt confident. I am amazed that drLatika Arya is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. Over the period of time I noticed a changes in myself. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the L A Skin & Aesthetic Clinic in New Delhi.
I visited L A Skin & Aesthetic Clinic in Delhi to see dr Latika Arya for the treatment of my acne scars she helped me in a quick treatment and i would recommend her to my knowns.
dr Latika Arya is very efficient, good person, caring and patient with the patients problems. She treated my pimple problem at the clinic L A Skin & Aesthetic Clinic in Delhi
My son has constant Eczema issues that difficult to get under control. Dr Arya is very knowledgable and definately helped him. She is definitely the family doctor.
I have always been impressed by Dr Latikas expertise and have always been cured of my skin problems.I highly recommend her .9
Very Nice Doctor... Hv Been Taking Her Medication .. My Problems Are Gone ! recommend To All. She Is Very Caring And Helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Latika Arya to be very helpful. What steroid do on my body
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Latika Arya to be thorough. Thankuu
Dr. Latika Arya provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thank you
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions. Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Insulin Resistance
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss.
Some of the most effective ones among them are:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now, this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp is injected by a vitamin using an injection gun or very fine needles to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
- Stem cell therapy: This is the latest treatment for regrowing hair. In the first stage, the doctors will take away some hair follicles of yours, which will be processed and cultured in a lab to produce more stem cells. After few days the second stage of this therapy is executed. Here, they will insert the stem cells into your scalp.
- Hair Transplant: In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. Hair grafts are removed and inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Vitamin stands for ‘vita’ means ‘important or vital’ and ‘amin’ means ‘substance’. Vitamins are essential for various body functions, and their deficiency can lead to severe problems. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins and has multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and overall health. Almost all food substances including regular vegetables and fruits contain some amount of vitamin C, and so it is rare for people to develop this deficiency. However, making sure there is sufficient vitamin C in the diet is very useful. Read on to know more about the skin benefits in more detail:
- Collagen: Vitamin C is essential for growth of the collagen which forms the connective tissue layer. A diet low in vitamin C produces dull, lifeless skin. Including vitamin C enriches the underlying layers of the skin, producing glowing, firm skin.
- Sun Protection: Vitamin C is very critical in protecting the skin against sun damage. When the skin is exposed to the sun, there is a release of free radicals, which is reduced by vitamin C. It is an antioxidant which protects the skin from ultraviolet damage.
- Wound Healing: Vitamin C helps in quicker and better healing of wounds by helping in the synthesis of collagen during wound healing process.
- Blood Vessels: Vitamin C ensures optimal dilation of blood vessels and this helps in good blood flow to the skin. The skin glow and elasticity is largely improved when there is adequate vitamin C in the diet. Skin texture can turn dull and dry when there is less vitamin C in the diet.
- Bleaching Effect: Vitamin C reduces melanin production and melanin oxidation. It also reduces the incidence of melanomas, age spots, freckles, and protects from general photochemical reactions which lead to sun damage.
- Reduces Wrinkles: In addition to the other anti-ageing benefits, there are reduced wrinkles on the skin with a vitamin C-rich diet. This is due to the antioxidant property of vitamin C which ensures sufficient collagen formation and avoids intrinsic ageing. The photodamage effects are also reduced.
It is important to note that vitamin C absorption is reduced by smoking, cooking steaming, microwaving, and prolonged storage. It is advisable to consume raw fruits and vegetables and freshly cooked foods for maximum benefit. If your diet does not contain sufficient vitamin C, ensure you take supplements, which are available in the market in various forms. Go ahead and ensure your diet is rich in vitamin C and see these changes for yourself. There also would be dramatic effects on overall health as you consume more of this wonder vitamin.
Has your skin become dry or itchy? Has it darkened or reddened after contact with a foreign material or substance? These symptoms may indicate allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), a skin condition which is caused by an allergic reaction of the skin after coming in contact with an external material. The condition usually arises after some time of the skin coming in contact with the material.
ACD is commonly caused due to skin contact with nickel or silver jewellery, latex gloves, several chemicals present in cosmetics, perfumes and poison oak. After being exposed to a foreign substance, the body releases inflammatory chemicals, which lead to irritation and itching on the skin. The skin may become scaly, flaky, appear leathery and sometimes even blisters may develop.
There are several ways to treat ACD. They are as follows:
- Avoiding the cause: Identification and avoidance of the allergens and irritants which cause ACD is the first step of treatment. By avoiding these allergens or reducing your exposure to them, the symptoms can be reduced.
- Emollients: Emollients offer a form of moisturizing treatment and are directly applied to the skin for reduction of water loss. A protective film covers the skin. They improve the dry and scaly skin and form a protective barrier against the allergen.
- Topical corticosteroids: In case your skin is severely red, inflamed or sore, a topical corticosteroid can be applied to your skin directly. This helps in reducing the inflammation quickly. Topical corticosteroids are of different strengths and the dosage to be used depends upon the severity and location of ACD.
You may be instructed to use a strong topical corticosteroid in case of intense ACD. When the condition is less severe, a milder potency of corticosteroid should be used. For treating contact dermatitis on the face, genitals or in the crease of the joints, a weaker dosage is used, whereas for treating it on the soles of your feet and the palms, a stronger dosage is required. Major cases of ACD go away on their own. However, when the condition is severe and the rashes develop near the eyes or mouth or increase in extent, you should consult a dermatologist right away for proper and timely treatment.
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated. Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
- Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
- Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
- Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
- Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
- Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions.
So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure to see a dermatologist if the problem persists or aggravates.
If you've ever thought about how to rejuvenate your skin and make yourself look younger, chances are that you've heard about chemical peels. As the name suggests, getting a chemical peel involves the application of a chemical on the skin that causes the top layer to peel off. By doing this, a new layer of skin is exposed that is usually smoother than before. Chemical peels are often misunderstood and surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's take a look at three common myths about this procedure.
- All chemical peels are the same: All chemical peels are definitely not the same. Chemical peels can be categorized as light or superficial peels, medium peels and deep peels. A light peel removes only the top layer of skin to make your skin look brighter and reduce wrinkles. Medium depth chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and are used to treat sun damage and pigmentation. Deep peels are the strongest type of peels that penetrate into the dermal layers of the skin. They are rarely performed nowadays. Chemical peels also vary on the basis of the chemical used.
- It involves a long recovery: Though the process itself may not take long, the recovery time depends on the type of chemical peel procedure you have undergone. A superficial peel has virtually no recovery time and can be performed even during a working day's lunch break. Medium depth peels can cause discomfort for about an hour after the procedure and can take a few days to heel. During this time, your skin may look patchy and inflamed and may feel itchy. With a deep peel, the skin may heel in 2-3 weeks but usually remains red for a few months.
- It is beneficial only if you have a dermatological issue: You don't need to suffer from a skin problem to undergo a chemical peel. Many women undergo a chemical peel simply to give their skin a glow and to brighten their skin. It can remove wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation while making the skin smoother and softer to touch. Along with the face, chemical peels can also be done on the neck, chest, back and arms. Chemical peels can do wonders for your skin as long as you choose the right peel for your skin and it is performed safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Looking good and looking youthful are two things that go hand in hand for most of us. Accordingly, we are constantly in search of that eternal fountain of youth to keep ourselves looking young for a longer time. Yet, we also need to ensure that this is done without harming one's health.
A wholesome diet that is rich in a number of nutrients as well as good skin care routine can help in fighting the initial signs of aging. While a good beauty regimen definitely helps in prolonging the skin's elasticity and glow, one needs procedures that can help not only in preventing the decline of the skin and good-looks, but also in reversing those changes This comes under the purview of anti-aging measures. Read on to know more about these anti-aging treatments-
- Laser Resurfacing: Also known as fractional laser treatment, this method sends laser beams to create tiny holes in the skin, which boosts collagen production in the skin. It is extremely effective in fighting the onset of wrinkles and fine lines. They help in fighting the ravages of the skin due to prolonged sun and pollution exposure, which reduce the collagen or elastic element of the skin. With this procedure, the skin becomes firmer and plumper, thus remaining line free.
- Skin Tightening and Lifting: Energy of laser beams, radiofrequency and ultrasound is used to tighten deeper skin collagen which helps to lift the sagging tissues. It is the best alternative to a surgical facelift with no downtime.
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections: Their use has now become commonplace and can be done every now and then so as to ensure that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is kept to a minimum. These injections are of two types-
- Fillers-. Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane and Emervel are some of the well-known and most favoured fillers trusted by dermatologists globally. The effect of these fillers can last up to twelve months, after which it can be repeated. Fillers basically restore volume loss and also help in boosting the collagen production of the skin.
- Botox- This is a protein which takes care of the frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet by smoothening the muscles of the face that cause these lines.
- PRP Therapy: Also known as Vampire Facelift, this is the latest anti ageing treatment which remove wrinkles and lifts the face. Plasma rich in platelets is prepared from your own blood and is injected into the skin. Growth and stem cell factors stored in the platelets stimulate collagen, thereby giving you a brighter, tighter and younger looking skin.
- Threads: These are used to tighten sagging loose skin giving a firm, lifted look with and improved skin texture. It can also be used to slim the jawline and take care of double chin. In this procedure, absorbable threads are inserted into the skin with the help of an extremely thin needle.
- Mesotherapy: This is a procedure by which beneficial substances are infused into the skin to improve skin tone and texture. The different types of substance that are infused are-
- Antioxidants: These powerful skin care nutrients eg. vitamin C, botanicals, flavonoids etc destroy free radicals that damage skin and collagen. These free radicals come from sun exposure, pollution, poor diet, stress, smoking, pesticides, chemicals, etc.
- Peptides: They are proteins that help in enhanced collagen production so as to set the anti-aging process in motion successfully.
- Chemical Peels: They help to maintain the complexion, glow and firmness of the skin. It is used to fight the early signs of skin aging. In this procedure, gentle exfoliating solutions are applied on the skin which loosens and removes the dead cells. The desired results are obtained after a series of peels in a short time.
- Microdermabrasion: It is mechanical exfoliation of skin by either very fine crystals, diamond tipped probes, high pressure water jet or pressurized air. This reveals a smooth, glowing and fresher skin instantly. Regular such sessions help to maintain the youthfulness of skin. With all these advanced, effective and safe treatments at hand, looking young and beautiful forever is not impossible now! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Melasma is a condition in which dark and discoloured patches appear on the face. It is also commonly known as chloasma when it is found in pregnant women. This is a condition that can be found in women more commonly than it is found in men. Let us cast a glance on the symptoms, causes, as well as the ways of identifying and treating this condition.
Typically Melasma is characterized by brownish coloured patches that may appear on the cheeks, forehead, chin and even the bridge of the nose. These patches are usually symmetrical on either sides of the face. They appear blotchy, of irregular shape and their colour can vary from light brown to dark brown. They may occasionally occur on other parts of the body that are left exposed to the sun for prolonged hours, on a regular basis. These symptoms can help you in identifying the condition, in which case you must immediately see a dermatologist who will help in formal diagnosis and immediate treatment.
Several causes have been proposed for Melasma. Sensitivity to estrogen and progesterone are found in some cases especially during pregnancy or in women who take birth control and other hormonal pills for any other ailment. Constant exposure to the sun can also alter the cells that create and control one’s pigment - also known as ‘melanocytes’.
The diagnosis of Melasma is done with the help of physical examination. Thereafter, the doctor may perform the wood’s lamp examination where a light is held up against the skin to look for the depth of involvement. A biopsy may be conducted for more severe cases by taking skin samples.
Most women report that Melasma disappears on its own. These patches slowly fade once the pregnancy control pills and hormonal therapy stop. The dermatologist can also ask you to use a good sunscreen and .certain medicated creams that can help in fading the patches to a great extent. Also, chemical peels and microdermabrasions are other mild procedures that can be carried out in such cases, to exfoliate the top layer of the skin.
In resistant cases of dermal melasma, Q switched Nd YAG laser can be done. One must remember that these ointments and procedures will not guarantee that the condition will not recur in the future. Melasma can be treated effectively but often requires maintenance to prevent recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research, but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis
People with asthma or hay fever
Living in cities and in cold climate
Family history of dermatitis
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies, but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
Dry itchy and scaly skin
Redness and rashes
Scratching and itching
Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications, which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with Dermatitis
1. Ways to ease discomfort:
Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
2. Bathing care:
Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
3. Wash clothes the right way:
Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
The colour of one's skin is determined by melanin that is made by special skin cells. Melanin gives the skin its colour without which our skin would be pale pink. Skin pigmentation is dependent on the amount of melanin that is being produced. Skin pigmentation conditions may plague many people when there is an imbalance in the melanin production within the skin, due to damage to these melanin producing cells. Let us find out more about these conditions-
If there is too much melanin production in the body, the skin may give a dark hue or show up as patches of discolouration. On the other hand, if the melanin production is too low, then the skin may give light or white coloured patches.
The awry skin pigmentation can give rise to a number of conditions with depigmentation, hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. Albinism is a genetic skin condition giving rise to almost no colour. An abnormally low amount of pigmentation can create hypopigmentation, making the skin look much lighter than it actually is.
Finally, hyperpigmentation is a condition where there is increased pigmentation, either due to increased melanin production or due to other pigment creating substances in the skin. In such cases, the skin appears darker in colour than its original shade.
- There can be many causes for the above conditions. Injuries, burns, inflammation causing disorders, drug abuse and increased exposure to the sun can cause such conditions.
- Rarely, some hereditary conditions may also cause a problem in pigmentation.
- Infections, autoimmune disorders and allergies may also cause skin discolouration and an irregular skin tone.
- Further, conditions like eczema, birthmarks, and hormonal changes can lead to irregular skin pigmentation too.
Dermatoscopy and woods lamp examination can help in understanding the cause of the pigmentation problem. Also, sometimes blood tests may be required for diagnosis.
The treatment of hyperpigmentation is done by the use of skin lightening preparations. Procedures like chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser therapy can be done which target the top layer of the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Acne is a breakout of bumps on the face which can also spread to the neck and shoulders if not treated on time. There are many reasons for this breakout. It can be of varying severity. In mild acne, few breakouts may happen for a while and disappear with a good skin cleaning regimen. However in severe acne, there are lot of breakouts with various blackheads, whiteheads and pimples filled with pus. The breakout of acne can also lead to acne scars. Let us find out more about acne and its scars, as well as the treatment for the same.
Acne: This condition is also known as Acne Vulgaris and is most commonly found in teenagers who are facing a surge of hormones. This breakout can lead to bumps that can be characterised as pimples, blackheads and whiteheads which are usually born from the excess oil secreted from the oil glands present in the hair follicles. These are stimulated by the adrenal glands of male and female patients alike. Although this is not a dangerous condition, but its timely treatment can help in ensuring that infection and scarring does not take place.
Acne Scars: Scarring is the response of every individual to inflammation. Acne scars are borne by different people in different ways. While many people may not bear the scars of this breakout, there are many others for whom the condition is pretty severe and can lead to scars once the pimples and other bumps have cleared. Also, these scars can happen due to excessive touching and squeezing of the bumps and pimples which can release the pus within. There is also a risk of spreading infection in this way. While draining a pimple in the proper manner with the help of a dermatologist may not lead to the appearance of a scar, constantly picking on a pimple or a blackhead can lead to such scarring.
Prevention: In this case, prevention is really the best cure. Most of these scars, if they appear, are permanent. So the best thing to do is to avoid touching and picking at the pimples and bumps and take timely treatment from a dermatologist. Also, one must keep the skin clean at all times, and wash with non-perfumed cleanser at least twice a day.
Surgery: Once the scars have formed, surgical intervention and lasers may help in clearing them. Although surgery may be successful in lightening the scar to a great degree, it may not be able to remove the scar completely. One has to wait until the breakout completely disappears before carrying out laser or surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.