Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 19 years old. 10 months ago I had a major surgery of ovarian cyst doctor suggested laparoscopic but the cyst leads to major surgery. If I thought about sex I will get wet and I feel like I am having sex. I am too weak. I unable to resist the urge to thought about sex and getting wet and I am getting pains in my uterus. Is it harmful to do that. Help me please.
Respected doctor's. My wife age 29 years and I am 43 years. We married 8years and have 2son. Now a day she take ocp for birth control. We think about copper. So Is it safe? After insert copper any thing change in her health? During intercourse face any problem? How many years it's safe?
Factors that are making you prone to pcod! + how you can manage it
A problem of the body's endocrine system (a system of hormone producing glands), polycystic ovarian disease (or pcod) affects about 18% of indian women. Women in the age group of 15-30 years make up the majority of the victims of this disease. Although the root cause of this problem is still unknown, it can be a result of:
A family history of pcod can increase your risk of developing the endocrine disorder. Even a family history of obesity or diabetes can increase your prospect of developing pcod.
2. Low-grade inflammation
Inflammation occurs when the body's white blood cells (wbcs) produce substances to fight harmful matter that attack the body. A disruption of this natural response of the body can cause low-grade inflammation (a mild but sustained inflammatory response brought on by microbial bacteria called endotoxin). As a consequence, it causes the stimulation of polycystic ovaries to create more androgens (male sex hormones) than female sex hormones. This brings about the appearance of pcod symptoms such as ovulation problem, growth of excessive body and facial hair.
3. Excessive insulin production
Excessive insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas) production occurs when the cells of the body become resistant to insulin. It causes an increase in the production of androgens, in turn affecting the ovaries' ability to release eggs during ovulation.
Although not a direct cause of the disorder, being obese can increase your chances of pcod significantly. The excess fat in the body can worsen your insulin resistance, and can consequently bring about an increase in the androgen levels, causing weight gain in the end.
5. Unhealthy eating habits
Irregular meal timings and poor eating habits (a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates) can make you prone to obesity, a risk factor of pcod.
How to manage the problem of pcod?
Although the condition doesn't have a permanent cure, the symptoms can be easily managed by employing these ways:
- limit the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates to counter the imbalance of insulin and glucose
- exercise for 30-60 minutes a day to boost metabolism for weight loss as well as control of insulin levels
- avoid coffee and other caffeine stimulants that may cause an increase in the production of insulin
- avoid dairy based products and red meat
- include lean meat in your diet
- avoid saturated fats (found in baked foods and lamb, cheese and other dairy products) to control your cholesterol levels
- consume foods that have a low glycaemic index (a scale for determining the effect of food on blood sugar level) such as brown rice, wheat pasta and wholegrain.
I am 23 years female. On 13th Oct 2016 I had to abort a cold of months due to hydrocephalus with spina bifida. My height is 5'2' and weight is 74 kgs. What should be my diet now. After abortion I am having loss motion. Please prescribe me some medicines. Waiting for your help.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Postmenopausal women taking calcium and vitamin d supplements had improved lipid profiles with those taking placebo as reported in a study published in the journal menopause.
In an analysis of data from the women?s health initiative, the level of ldl cholesterol was lower by an average of 4.46 mg/dl in the women on active treatment reported peter f. Schnatz, do, of reading hospital in pennsylvania.
In addition, higher levels of 25?hydroxyvitamin d3 (25 (oh) d3) were associated with higher levels of hdl cholesterol and lower levels of ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
Hi I am new married man, my que is jab humara sex ho jata h toh wife ke main parts se sperm returns niche tapak kar gir jata h isse kya woh pregnant hogi? And jb woh pregnant hojaye toh kitne month tak hum sex karein? Plzz doctor suggest in details.
I am going to marry in jan. My wife is expected to get her periods during wedding. So, we want to postpone them. Please suggest medication for postponing her periods. Regards Vishal bharti.
I got my periods on 4th jan 2016. N I hve sex wit my bf on 12th same month. But he use condom. So on 29th same month I started my periods. Y whats the reason? please help m so tense.
Hi am 27 woman, 14 weeks of pregnancy. Recently I supposed to do blood test and every thing is normal expect thyroid result its shows range of 3.606 which is above range doctor advised me to take tablets but before marriage when I do regular check up my thyroid range is 2.5. Why it has been increased now and will it continue even after delivery, is there any food to avoid for these, please advise.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
2. Sattvic therapies along with Yoga are believed to counter the rajas along with tamas with the use of pranayama, asana, mantra as well as meditation.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
Stuck inside for your run? These routines are anything but run-of-the-mill
If you dread the tread, check out these six routines that will help you outrun boredom and get better results than ever.
Turn Up Your Tempo
Set the incline to 1 percent and warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Then set the pace 2 minutes faster than your easy running pace—say 8 minutes per mile if you usually run 10-minute miles for a long, easy run. Go at that tempo for 3 to 4 minutes, and then walk for 3 to 4 minutes. That’s one round; do 3 to 5 total rounds.
“This is a maximum aerobic effort that helps you push your easy pace”
Warm up with 5 to 10 minutes of easy running. Then set the incline at 1 percent and start running at a 5 miles-per-hour pace. Increase the speed 0.2 mph every minute until you completely fatigue.
“This workout will systematically and incrementally increase an athlete's lactate threshold,”
“It will also develop mental patience and boost VO2 Max.”
Warm up with 15 to 20 minutes of easy running. Then run a half-mile at 75 percent of your hardest effort. When you hit the half-mile mark, slow to a jog for 200 meters. That’s one round; do 6 to 8 total rounds.
“By not fully recovering between repeats you still improve your ability to run fast, but also ensure you have the aerobic strength and support to maintain goal pace on race day”
The Horrible Hill Workout
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Begin your workout by setting the incline to 8 percent and sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds. Then lower the incline to 5 percent and walk for 30 seconds. After walking, sprint for 90 seconds at your 10K pace, then walk for 2 minutes. That’s one round; do 6 to 9 total rounds.
“This workout challenges your anaerobic and neuromuscular system while also helping build strength with the long hill repeat”
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Every time a commercial comes on during a show or game you’re watching, run 1 ½ to 2 minutes per mile faster than your warm-up pace until the regular program returns. Do this until completely fatigued.
“It’s a killer toward the end of a close Cricket game"
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Start the treadmill at 7 miles per hour on a 1 percent incline and run 60 seconds at that pace. Then lower the speed to an easy pace and take a 60 second break. Bump up the speed to 7.5 mph and repeat this 60 seconds of running with a 60-second break while increasing the speed by 0.5 mph after each break. Once you can’t hold that faster speed for the full 60 seconds, drop the interval down to 30 seconds of running with 60 seconds of rest until you can’t go anymore.
“As the workout progresses, you carry more and more fatigue into the next interval"
“It’s a great workout that gives you bang for your buck on the aerobic and anaerobic side of the coin.”
Sir my GF is 18 yr old and we had unprotected sex on 29th and his period came on 2nd as usual but from next month it came at 7th and 12th of next month but in next 3rd month her periods not came upto 25th is it normal or any problem?
I am 25 getting married next week but I am feeling very low and there are lots of crying sensation very much as each and every 5 min and very afraid of name of marriage and its preparation and I am even scared for conceiving as we both are healthy.
I am a 23 year old male. I had unprotected sex with my gf on 28th of May, 2016. Though I didn't enter her fully, my penis did touch her vagina walls. Around 2 weeks later, she had her periods. But since two days, She complained of some dizziness and weakness. On 25th of June, 2016 she did a pregnancy test and it showed 2 lines on the T part of the test kit. Can she be pregnant? Please advice.
Hi I married in 2011, same year i had abortion for 8weeks, again conceived in 2014 jan, but in july 2014 again miscarriage, due to watering,, now again am pregnent, 18th week, how do i take care? am taking gardinal 60mg will there be any side effects for baby?
My height is 5.1 and my weight is 61. Is this is overweight? is this is the one of the reason of my infertility? thankyou.
I am 24 years old and I very often face delayed menstruation. I do smoke, and weigh 84 kg. I am married but no babies yet (Not planned for it. if that matters). Please suggest something to cure it. And one more information, both of my parents are diabetic and have high blood pressure. And I also have high blood pressure, though I have not started taking medicines yet.
Lower Back Stretches – Basic Exercises
Rotation in Lying
Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat and together. Gently take both knees from side to side as far as possible pain-free . Repeat 10 - 20 times.
Lower Back Stretches - Rotation in Lying
Prone on Elbows
Begin lying on your stomach, then gently prop yourself up onto your forearms, keeping your back relaxed . Hold for 2 seconds, then slowly lower yourself down flat. Repeat 10 times provided the exercise is pain-free.
Knees to Chest
Lie on your back, knees bent. Take both knees towards your chest using your hands until you feel a mild to moderate stretch, pain-free . Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
Side Flexion in Standing
Begin standing tall, back straight, hands by your sides. Gently lean to one side, sliding your hand down the outside of your thigh as far as possible pain-free . Repeat 10 times to each side.