Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalitha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LalithaYour feedback matters!
In your everyday life, it is quite common to experience several first aid and domestic health emergencies. This may include many health conditions, which are minor in nature, but require medical attention. Accidents like cuts, bites, grazes, bruises, bumps and burns can occur any time. Equally common headaches, cramps and ailments, which include cold, cough, flu, viral fever, sore throats, indigestion and several others.
And, homeopathic medicines are a great, natural remedy for effectively treating the above mentioned health conditions. So here are some common homeopathic medicines, which you should keep in your first aid box in order to treat common health issues:
Arnica: This is a very famous and common homeopathic medicine used to treat all kinds of injuries. It acts as an instant pain reliever and by taking it immediately after an injury, quick results are obtained. It gives relief to internal cuts and bruises by a process called extravasation, which involves the breaking of tissues beneath the skin. Effective healing of bruises, cuts and other injuries is also provided. It also helps in relieving the mind in case of any emotional trauma.
Aconite: This homeopathic medicine works effectively in treating several physical and emotional conditions. It successfully treats ailments such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever and all conditions related to exposure and cold. Aconite can also calm the anxiety in patients.
Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine treats bee stings. It can be taken after being stung by a bee or wasp and if stinging pain is felt along with inflammation. It is also used to treat heat rashes and conditions where the skin gets swollen. This medicine is a diuretic and encourages the body to release water.
Argentum Nitricum: This homeopathic medicine is useful in treating anxiety and tension. When a person is extremely worried about something, this medicine can be used to calm him down and provide mental relief. It can help avoid loose bowel movement which often occurs due to tension and sickness. You can take this before examinations, flights and sea voyages.
Arsenicum Alb: This medicine is ideal for treating several symptoms related to stomach and digestion problems. Problems such as food poisoning, stomach upset, diarrhoea and vomiting are treated efficiently with it. It is also used for mental conditions, such as panic attack and extreme anxiety.
Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is extensively used for treating sunstroke, different types of inflammations and throbbing headaches, which worsen when exposed to noise and light. Ear infections are treated with this as well.
Feel free to consult a homeopathic doctor for more information.
It is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body.
Even though laparoscopy is a very popular form of surgery, there are quite a few myths associated with it, which are:
- Myth: If you've undergone multiple abdominal surgeries in the past, you can't opt for a laparoscopy: The truth is that you can go for a laparoscopy even if you've gone through multiple surgeries previously, irrespective of the location or size of the previous incisions. This is done through the use of a special instrument, called a microlaparscope that enables safe entry into the abdomen of the patient.
- Myth: If you're overweight or underweight, you can't undergo a laparoscopy: No matter if you're obese or too thin, you can still undergo a laparoscopy as the tools used for this surgical procedure are available in different lengths and sizes, and can be adjusted as per the body type of the patient before the incision is made.
- Myth: The images taken through a laparoscope are of poor quality: This is not true. In fact, the visuals obtained through a laparoscope are clearer and much more accurate when compared to those obtained via an open surgery. The visuals of a video laparoscopy provide a detailed magnification of even those parts of the area that are inaccessible by the human eye.
Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
- The problems that laparoscopy addresses: Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
- The duration of your stay in hospital: Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!