Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LalithaYour feedback matters!
When ever me and my husband do intercourse I have a problem of pain and itchiness around my genital area please help me.
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.
My wife is suffering from vagina pain. At the time of sex, when feeling come then she feel pain in her vagina iner portion of vagina. Pain arise not at the time of sex, before sex when her feeling comes.
I have period conditions and I am feeling pain, and my period time is irregular something 40 days so what I can do regular maintain.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.
During periods intercourse is harmful for male? Is it effect the penis? How much it effect the body?
hello sir , unwanted kit khane ke 1ya 2din bad period start ho jata hai kya. Madam or uske bad perganancy band ho jayga na . please help
Lump discovered please help Hi, I have never had a lump in my breast before I'm 24 years old and I'm worried. The lump is on the same side as where I had an abscess removed recently. It's red and inflamed on the outside and tender to touch. Wondering what it could be, thanks x.
Hello doctor. I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 6th November. But she got her regular period with as usual bleeding on regular expected date. But now after 9-10 days of her menstruation she is saying she is feeling little bit nausea. So is there further chance of pregnancy. Or should she go for a home pregnancy check up. Kindly rply soon.
Hi, we had unprotected sex on 6th of Sep 2016 and the concern is my baby was born on 14th of Feb 2016 and till now my wife don't have any periods, is there any chance of pregnancy again and if yes what we can do for avoid this pregnancy, please give me the solution, (What I thought is without periods pregnancy won't be possible, so we had unprotected sex). Please advise on this to avoid Thanks,
I am a 30 year old female. I have got two miscarriages in the past I am 4 and a half months pregnant and when it comes to eating food, my relatives and other people prescribe different foods to be consumed in this pregnancy. Some say you should avoid mangoes and grapes as they are hot by virtue and should not be consumed in summers. Other says even Chiku and watermelon are also hot. In a quiz at Lybrate, I read even high consumption of Chapatis should be avoided. I am highly confused about what to eat. I get hungry quite often and I am not left with options to eat. Please prescribe a healthy diet for me in this pregnancy. Please suggest a meal plan with a nutritional diet considering risks in pregnancy. Please suggest a lot of healthy foods so that I can consume them interchangeably. I drink cold milk quite often, please suggest if it is okay to consume thrice a day or more.
The good old saying of drinking milk, eating pulses,greens is back with a bang.it is said that the present day diet is poor in calcium and vital minerals.thanks to the technology ,Average steps were taken by a person is considerably going down. Sedentary lifestyle along with poor diet is the perfect platform for many of the bone disorders seen today.
Wake up at sunrise,enjoy the serene air,breathe in the fresh air ,engage in physical activity and jump to your work with new vigour and energy by consuming a healthy calcium-rich breakfast.this vital nutrient is also involved in the release of feel-good hormones like serotonin.