Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha EctaYour feedback matters!
What is yoga?
Yoga is the practice of asanas and breathing techniques deigned to strengthen both the body and the mind. Therefore, there are many benefits of practicing yoga for your mental health. The practice of yoga has increased worldwide. The reason this 5000-year-old tradition is slowly taking over is due to the immense impact it has on your mental health. Stress, anxiety, insomnia etc. are all slowly on the increase and thanks to the proven impact yoga has on regulating each of these conditions, the practice is slowly increasing.
Here are some of the impacts of yoga on mental health:
1. It moves you from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system:
In simple terms, it takes you from the fight or flight reactions to the rest & digest. In a more relaxed state you typically feel less anxiety and stress.
2. Yoga decreases heart-rate and blood pressure:
Doing an hour of yoga a day can help decrease your heart rate and blood pressure. Once your heart rate is in control it slowly brings about a more relaxed state. This in turn helps reduce the levels of anxiety.
3. Yoga encourages a positive mind-set:
Like any form of exercise, yoga release endorphins, that are feel good chemicals. The release of this neurotransmitter helps reduce stress levels and forces the brain to re-write itself in positive ways. A more positive attitude also helps manage depression better.
4. Yoga improves attention and memory:
Another important benefit to yoga is the impact it has on memory and attention span. After only a 20-minute yoga workout, memory and concentration improves.
5. Yoga helps build self-esteem:
Self-esteem is an important aspect of self. You cultivate a non-judgemental relationship with yourself. You learn to trust your decisions and actions. Your confidence levels increase and this helps you build a healthy ego wherein you have nothing to prove and only work for your satisfaction.
Milk is an essential part of the diet for many people across the world. Most humans are able to digest milk now and it has many benefits to offer. One of the easiest milks to digest is certainly cow milk. Let's take a good look at all those amazing benefits that a glass of milk can offer you:
Reasons for drinking cow milk:
- Improves heart health Cow's milk consumed in moderate amounts regularly has shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. Milk contains potassium, which is effective in vasodilation, and thus helps in reducing blood pressure. This in turn, puts less pressure on the heart and lowers the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- Bone health: This is probably one of the most touted advantages of drinking milk. Milk contains copious amounts of calcium and thus its consumption is said to be good for bones. Milk also has vitamin D, vitamin C, potassium and other nutrients that increase bone strength. Drinking milk has also been linked to lowered chances of osteoporosis.
- Improves skin health: Milk and milk products have been used for a very long time in skin care products. However, drinking milk in controlled amounts will also result in better skin as it is known to be rich in nutrients, such as vitamin A, among others.
- Helps in muscle development: Muscle development is very important, especially in children and for that to happen, a lot of protein is required. Milk is a great source of protein, and thus drinking it on a regular basis will help you develop muscles. Even adults who want to build more muscle mass should consume milk.
- Protects teeth: This is especially true in the case of adolescents or children, as milk can be a counter against acidic substances and thus can actually protect tooth enamel. It also good for teeth as it contains calcium and helps strengthen gums as well.
- A balanced supplement for many nutrients: Milk contains a host of nutrients, which may not be provided by many of the foods you consume on a daily basis. Milk has many vitamins for better eyesight, carbohydrates for energy, protein to build muscle and is often fortified with other minerals and vitamins essential for the body.
Hello doctor I ma 7 weeks pregnant I have no symptoms is it ok. Because at 6 week doctor saw heartbeat by 120.
I have pco problem. Counts 8. I m getting Periods 3 or 4 months once. I have thyroid prob. before one month tsh s 9. This month came to 3.34. I m taking homeopathy medicine For both problem past 3 months. I got married before 2 yrs. We will plan child after 6 months from now. Without any medicines we postponing till now. Due to family situation. I'm getting so much fear doctor. All tells, if you postpone. There will b problem in conceiving. I have these two problem also which will affect pregnancy. Please clear my doubts and tell me a good way.
I want to marry a girl who comes in my family relation. In a word she is my 3rd cousin. Is it risky to marry her. Will it effect the future generations genetically or physically?
Today I had unprotected sex with my bf accendiently. What should I do now. Please reply asap. I am very scared. Please advice me what contraceptive I should take so that there shouldn't be chance of pregnancy.
Hi we are planning for a baby. Are there any tests that should be done by both husband and wife. Is sperm motality shud be checked ?
I have been suffering from high blood pressure from november, 2015 to till date. My doctor advised me to do some tests regarding lipid profile, blood test, thyroid tech. But everything was normal. Then he prescribed me to have Stamlo 2.5 Daily Once. But till date my BP after having it is 140/90. I've also gained 5 kgs of weight within 4 months. Please give me some advises.
She missed her period of this month she should get be before 15days and there are bit changes in her health and body as like susan on legs pain in back and stomach irritation pain on legs and joints.
Im a married women. I got married in jan on 24 n me n my husband wants a baby. After intercourse the semen flows down my vagina inspite of laying in bed for 30 mins. please help.
I am suffering from itching and burning sensation around the vaginal area. Also noticed swelling and redness. Presently, .
What should she to avoid pregnancy. This time. She has already taken abortion pills 2 times in a period of two and half years. What is the best solution to avoid pregnancy now. Pls describe briefly.
I am 27 years old. I am married before 2 yrs. My weight is gained quickly after marriage. I did not get pregnant till now. I went to doctor. She gave garbolim CE tablet for weight loss. But she did not tell before food or after food and I want to side effect of that tablet. Can you please help me on this.
I am 36 years old. I have two children. I had cigerianed two times. My stomach was still fat from delivery onwards, is there any solution to reduce the fat belly?
Hi am 2 months pregnant. This is my 1st pregnancy. I get vomit rarely. I feel so tired and sleepy always sometimes my stomach aches a lot why is that? And kindly suggest me the foods I should eat and foods I've to avoid.
Health tip: Prepare the juice of 5 grms nimb-morr, 50 ml water, 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of black pepper powder. Take it daily morning empty stomach in chaitra month to prevent yourself from seasonal acidity, indigestion and viral infections like small pox.