Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha EctaYour feedback matters!
White fluid discharge. As per clinical test klebsiella pneumoniae found in April 2016. PAP SMEAR AND HPV NEGATIVE. Augmentin 625 taken No relief. Currently fluid discharge with waist pain. Kindly suggest.
I have taken abortion pills after that my vagina has become so loose. Is there any medicine for tightening it।
Actually I had sex with my boyfriend few years ago (5-6 times) and I am going to get married in 4-5 months. But I feel that there is so much gap in my vagina. I am afraid if my husband will find out. Please suggest me what I can do to tighten the vagina or remove the gap. Please help.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist and ask a free question.
It is safe or not. I did sex during periods. I take I pill in 24 hours for stop pregnancy. Because I don't want to be.
I am 31, was doing inter course 3-4 times a day and now no interest like before. Hardness goes down inside the vagina before discharging. Help me to make it hard like anything throughout.
A stroke, also known as cerebrovascular accident (CVA), cerebrovascular insult(CVI), or brain attack, can occur when a part of the brain is deprived of blood flow. When brain cells are deprived of oxygen they begin to die, due to which the functions controlled by that part of the brain also stops, which results in different types of disabilities among stroke survivors.
There are two types of strokes
- Ischemic stroke
The first is caused when a brain aneurysm or a weak blood vessel bursts. Most of the time, this type of stroke leads to death. The second one happens when a clot blocks the flow of blood to the brain. Patients suffering from stroke suffer from various side-effects, the most common ones being paralysis or loss of feeling in a certain part of the body, problem in understanding or talking and loss of vision on one side. The side-effects start showing up immediately after a person has had a stroke.
In certain conditions, blood flow to a certain part of the brain stops for only some time and hence the body suffers stroke-like symptoms which only last a couple of hours before disappearing. This is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Unfortunately, the effects of a stroke can be debilitating and also permanent. Hence, it's important to know the symptoms of a stroke and rush the patient to a doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes early treatment can save a lot of damage.
The primary symptoms of stroke are as follows:
- Confusion and problems while talking and comprehension
- Headache along with alteration of consciousness or vomiting
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- Issue with seeing, through one or both eyes
- Inability to walk with stability, including disrupted coordination
- Problems with the bladder and bowel control
- Acute depression
- Body temperature fluctuates, and pain worsens with movement
- Paralysis on one side of the body along with fatigue
- Problem in expressing or controlling emotions
Diagnosis of stroke
Several tests are carried out to determine the type of stroke, such as
- Physical examination, which involves observing the patient's overall condition.
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- Cerebral angiogram
Stroke is a fatal brain disease and can cause permanent damage to your system so its best to check with doctor to know how you can prevent it.
Whenever I have sex with my wife using condom she looses the wetness and it becomes very hard to have proper and enjoyable intercourse. We don't want condom to be used but afraid of unwanted pregnancy. What are the options of having safe sex without condom.
I am 19years old female. 7years ago I have hurted my left leg near ankle while playing. But still my ankle and my knee keeps on swelling. Specially during my periods and when I walk too much.
My wife have thyroid problem and she is only 21 years old she is pregnant now and doctor is giving 1 injection every week and a vaginal medicine and crocin tablets and also thyronorm medicine 37.5 mm. I need to ask you sir what was her health why she is taking too much of medicine is this is a serious case. Rply me ASAP. So I can take care of my wife. Thax.
Hair are an indispensable part of one’s aura and personality. To have thick and voluminous hair adds so much to one’s beauty. It defines one’s image and confidence. Baldness, losing and thinning of hair is of great concern for both men and women. In a stressful and competitive world like ours, people start losing hair at very young age. This is often attributed to our lifestyle, environmental pollution, inadequate sleep, excessive smoking and drinking. Losing hair is depressing as it is a sign of ageing. The cosmetic market today is flooded with products; be it hair fall control shampoos, serums, conditioners or hair masks. Many Ayurvedic remedies are also available for users to try.
However, the truth is nothing offers a tangible permanent solution than a surgery. However, Surgery comes with a host of side effects and is neither advisable nor affordable. Thus, the question is; whether there is any hope for people who want to regain their hair? Well, Aesthetic Medicine is undertaking lots of research on a possible cure for this condition. Recent Research suggests that adult stem cells have the ability to produce different stem cells, thus cells from hair follicles can be utilised to stimulate hair growth. One such research at the University of Pennsylvania, January 2014 described a method to convert adult cells into epithelial stem cells, responsible for hair growth. Many such studies on adult stem cells are underway.
Stem cells are tiny microscopic cells responsible for repair and regeneration of aged and damaged tissues. By now, everyone knows the amazing benefits of stem cells from umbilical cord, thanks to the Stem Cell Banking concept. The good news is that ongoing research on Stem Cells as a non-surgical way to treat baldness now offers a ray of hope for people suffering from hair loss issues.
Stem Cell treatment helps regeneration of damaged hair follicles thus, promoting hair growth. The procedure is simple and painless. It has minimal side effects and requires no hospitalisation. The live hair follicles from the patient’s hair are used to harvest stem cells. The processed stem cells are then carefully and slowly injected into balding areas with the help of very fine needles. Local anaesthesia is used to avoid any pain or discomfort.
Results in the form of visible hair growth, as well as improvement in density and thickness, are visible within a month. Stem Cell treatment is undoubtedly one of the advanced treatments for hair loss available today. Many clinics/ hospitals are now beginning to offer stem cell therapy for hair loss treatment. However, if hair loss is your concern, It is best to consult an expert, ask a free question and get your scalp examined and be assured of the usefulness of this therapy for yourself before deciding to go for the treatment.
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.