Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LalitaYour feedback matters!
I am male 24 years old. Due to certain incident in June 26 it was unprotected sex, I had done my hiv test on 40 days 60 days and 175 days from that day. All reports show negative result. Now I have facing some problems like burnings section and pain on tongue and also on some dots and redness on penis cap. Please help me out and suggest remedies. thanks.
Meri wife ko 2-3din se toilet karne me problem ho rahi he or baar baar toilet arahi he aisa feel hota he or urine me jalan b ho rahi he or aaj halka sa blood b aaya Hum. Log pregnancy ke liye try kar rahe he Kya usi karan aisa ho raha he Give me any suggestion please I am. Very worried.
This i, a 18 years student. I have a query about HIV (Aids). I had sex with 2 girls. Lets assume their name A and B. I had unprotected sex with A on 11th Feb and 26th Feb. And I had unprotected sex with B on 27th Feb and 1st March. B was a virgin, A wasn't a virgin. A had sex with other male recently, like 4-5 times between 11th and 26th. And before 11th too. B was a virgin. Now I am like, I committed a mistake by doing unprotected sex, and I might be exposed to HIV - Aids. So on 10th March, I opted for HIV test and attached is the report (HIV negative). According to report, I am alright. But still unsure. From future, I am surely gonna use Condoms and avoid multiple sex partners. But tell me, will the mistakes I committed have costed me or can it cost in future? However, report suggest I am fine. By the way, I have lost weight, from 64 kg to 57 kgs. And suffering from cold & cough from 20th march, now from last 5 days, fever also. Does it mean I am HIV positive or is it just because of weather. My other family members also got cough and fever but they have recovered but I am still suffering. By the way, I am a diabetic patient from the age of 13. I need help.
Hello doctor I want to ask that I missed my period last 2 month. Is there any chance of pregnancy? But muje to aise koi symptoms nhi days I totally confuse please help me.
Hormones are important messengers that play a pivotal role in the proper functioning of your body. Any imbalance in the hormonal level can throw life in jeopardy. Hormonal imbalance can affect a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally. In the present competitive world, with so much stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance is on the rise. It can affect both men and women.
Factors responsible for hormonal imbalance in men and women
Many factors, either individually or collectively can affect and disrupt the hormonal balance in a person. The most common factors triggering a hormonal imbalance include
- Physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Menopause (in women) and Andropause (in men).
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
- Unhealthy eating habits, leading to inflammation.
- Lack of any physical activity.
- Obesity, Type-2 Diabetes.
- The Endocrine gland does not function properly (due to an injury or an infection or old age). Hormonal imbalance may be age related. Certain chemicals (Diethylstilbestrol, DDT, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Dioxin) also have the potential to disrupt the Endocrine function.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
Some of the characteristic symptoms of hormonal imbalance include
- A sudden change in body weight (weight gain or weight loss).
- Anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Hair loss followed by thinning of hair.
- Irregular menses.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- The appetite undergoes a change.
- A person may face digestive problems.
- Insomnia and extreme fatigue.
- Decreased libido.
Doctors may adopt any of the following treatments for hormonal imbalance
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): This treatment helps women to deal with menopause better. During and after menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, particularly, go for a toss. This therapy aims at maintaining the hormonal balance by replacing the hormones your body either fails to produce or synthesizes in very little quantity.
- Following a healthy lifestyle go a long way in improving the hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly. Meditation, breathing exercise, cycling, morning and evening walks are great stress busters.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Include avocados, egg yolk, gelatin, carrots, coconut oil into your diet.
- People with hormonal imbalance can benefit from Omega-3 fatty. Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, olive oil are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ayurveda and herbal medicines have helped many people with hormonal imbalance.
- Some medications may help to improve hormonal imbalance (strictly on doctor recommendation).
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
Health risks associated with hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance can have adverse effect on the health resulting in
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): PCOS is characterized by irregular menses, infertility, hirsutism, hair fall, acne and weight gain. Women of reproductive age are mainly affected by PCOS.
- Low libido, tiredness, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, mood swings, and irritability (due to low level of testosterone hormone)
- Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism and Grave's disease).
- Hormonal imbalance may also cause Diabetes and Adrenal failure.
- Irregular periods, mood swings, infertility, decreased sexual desire (low levels of estrogen hormone).
I am 23 years old my problem is that I have excessive vaginal itching and burning inside as well as outside vagina and my vaginal walls are sticked to each other and vaginal walls have become thin as well as wrinkled and I am having excessive itching and burning on vaginal walls it is making me uncomfortable to go out snd also white discharge can you give me suggestions to make vagina healthy as before as possible. Pain and itching inside vaginal is resulting in pain so please suggest some measures Thank you.
New Year is a good the time for new beginnings. At times our sex lives needs to be revived too. After a few years together, a couple’s sex life may begin to stagnate. A boring sex life can negatively impact your relationship as well. But by employing some very easy tricks in the bedroom, you can bring back the passion and add spark to your life.
Can’t figure out where to start? Here are 6 tips and tricks to help you out.
1. Be spontaneous: One of the main reasons a couple’s sex life dwindles is because they fall into a routine. Whether it’s the position you choose, or the sequence of events- right from foreplay to the actual intercourse- every couple has their own set routine. Break this monotony and try out new positions that can greatly enhance your pleasure. Also, try having sex somewhere else in the house that you haven’t before to spice things up.
2. Don’t be shy: Sex is one of the most intimate acts you can share with someone. However, sometimes you may find yourself being unable to open up to your partner about what gets you in the mood. This can make sex an unfulfilling experience. Try telling your partner what you’d like him/her to do. You might end up discovering that both of you share a common fantasy you hadn’t spoken about before.
3. Explore all erogenous zones: There are a lot of erogenous zones on a man and woman’s body. Take your time and get to know every single one of them. If you don’t know where they are, explore your partner’s body and see what turns him/her on and where. This is a great exercise that also sets the foundation for more fulfilling sex in the future.
4. Experiment with your lingerie: Clothes can be a turn on or a turn off depending on what you wear. Try experimenting with your lingerie. A host of options are available out there for both men and women. These days you can even buy edible lingerie on leading online shopping sites. Choose bright shades like red, as they’ve been proven to increase arousal.
5. Play around with sex toys: Introducing sex toys in your bedroom can prove to be very stimulating as well as exciting for both you and your partner. Sex toys come in all shapes and sizes, for both men and women. You can take your pick from vibrators and vibrating rings, handcuffs, etc; even lubricants and gels can be used to enhance pleasure and make sex more exciting.
6. Shave your pubic hair: Another way to give your sex life a whole new dimension, shaving off your pubic hair can increase the sensitivity in your genitals making sex a more pleasurable experience. Besides, for many shaved genitals have a visual appeal and cause intense arousal, which is very important when it comes to having a satisfying sex life.