Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit DuggalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since last 15 years and also suffering from severe acidity problems since last 20 years. For rheumatoid arthritis I am taking medicine folitrax 15 one tablet in a week and lefnunomide 10 tablet daily one tablet and for acidity I am taking rab d (rabiprazole 20 with domperidon) it is controlled to some extent. Shall I change medicine?
Sir I'm having grade 3 horizontal medial meniscus tear in posterior horn n body +partial acl tear presently recovery from injuries from after injury recovery should I go for physiotherapy or surgery for betterment of knee.
My mother is 52 years old having weight of around 95 kgs. She is having pain in her left leg on knee. She use to exercise a lot before. Bt having no relief she discontinued. Now she use to go fr walk in the morning for around an hour. And she does all her home work. Making food, cleaning the house. We are also consulting our family doctor. But there is no such relief in her legs. And now there is a slight pain in her right leg also. So please guide me a good treatment.
Fatigue in knees of my two legs. Also when I sit down or stand up, a sound come out from my knees. What is happening in my knees? Please give me some suggestions to relieve this problem. Thanking you.
Hello doctors please help me my problem is knee pain or heel pain I worry about this how to reduce this problem. Thanks advance.
Sir I start running from a week ago now I feel pain in my knees and my legs does any problem with me?
Hi sir, my left knee injured in sports I do 2 time operations. Grade iv medical femoral condyle (12: 20mm) over weight bearing area. Arthroscopic lavage with debridement with chondral biopsy left knee down. But I do slowly running continue the pain. Why sir please tell me.
I'm 23 year old man, and I'm having knee joint pain for last 1 month. I tried various medications but it still persists. What should I do. Please help me!
4 years back my right knee got injured, my knee's ligament got cracked while played football. So, still sometimes it's disconnects upper bone and lower bone, of my right leg in up & down roads, when its disconnects its pains a lot. Then I have to bring to the normal position. Then I feel no pain. How to recover soon my cracked ligaments.
Dear sir, I am 43 years old men. Suffering from Knee pain (both legs) past 13 years. I take medicine several times. But no result. Doctor advised it is deficiency of cartilege. Please advise me for clear my knee pain.
I have suffering from heavy gas and acidity and joint pain doctor recommend me knee replacement so plz advice me how to solve it without operation and remove pain , my age is 62
I am 34 years old. While walking, my left side knee gives sound like kat- kat. Please suggest solution. Its happening from last one year.
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy.