Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi SharmaYour feedback matters!
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynaecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
Is zenoxa 900 unsafe for women who want to conceive? Is there any other mood stabilizer for a bi-polar patient.
Am is pregnant and in the eighteenth week of pregnancy. She sudnly feel pain in lower left abdominal area and sever pain in the lower back. Would you please told us what precautions should we take.
One lady of my relation aged 30 year old is suffering from fibroid in uterus, what is the best solution for this?
How should we be careful about vaginal health care? Any specifics. How often should the PAP smear test be taken also what does it provide? There are not much resources for female sexual health care.
During the early growing years, children are prone to a lot of airway problems, including asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis. Their immunity is also low, which contributes makes them prone to develop these infections very easily.
Homoeopathy is believed to be a milder form of treatment with minimal side effects and also get rid of the underlying medical condition and also improve their immunity. Read on to know more about these conditions and what products homoeopathy uses.
- Asthma: Asthma is a common condition with wheezing episodes and difficulty breathing. Asthma attacks can be triggered by emotional stress, change of weather, occupational effects, family history of atopic diseases. Some of the commonly used homoeopathic medicines include Ipecac, Arsenicum, Nux Vomica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Kali bichromicum. The weather of the place you reside and the time of the attacks also have a major role to play in choosing the right component.
- Adenoids: This is the group of lymph tissue that is hidden behind the roof of the mouth. Their infection causes pain, fever, difficulty breathing, sinus infections, and snoring. Hydrastis, Calcarea phosphorica, Agraphis nutan, Tuberculinum, and Cistus Canadensis are some of the most frequently used compounds to treat enlarged adenoids. Managing adenoid infection can be useful in preventing adenoid surgery, which is very frequently done.
- Nasal Polyps: These are overgrowths of the nasal mucosa, and they lead to blocked nose, frequent sneezing, and nasal voice. The associated symptoms of loss of smell, bleeding, nasal obstruction, distension of the nose, will decide the right compound for you. Calcarea Carb, phosphorus, conium, Teucrium Marum Varum, Hekla Lava are commonly used to manage nasal polyps without having to go through surgical removal.
- DNS: The right and left nostrils are separated by a thin layer of bone and cartilage called the nasal septum. When this layer is not at the centre, but deviated to the right or left, it can cause breathing problems, nasal congestion, and sometimes pain and nosebleeds. In some people, this could also be a cosmetic issue with the external nose also looking crooked. Sangunaira, Aconite, Ars alb, Thuja, Tuber, Teucr mer are some compounds which produce good results.
- Tonsillitis: The tonsils are lymphatic tissue in the back of the throat, and due to various reasons, there can be attacks of acute or chronic tonsillitis. Baryta Carbonica, Calcarea phosphorica, Bromine, Calcarea iodata, and Lycopodium are frequently used to manage tonsillitis without having to remove them.
- Sinusitis: There are 4 major sinuses in the facial region and depending on the sinus affected, there can be heavy-headedness, blocked nose, facial bone pain, runny nose and pain between the eyes. Silicea, Merc Sol, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, and Kali Bichrome are effectively used to treat chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Most of the airway passage conditions in children can be treated with homoeopathic medications with minimal side effects and reducing the need for surgery. It is very important to understand that each child is unique and the right regime will be drawn up after a detailed discussion about history, accompanying symptoms, and predisposition to the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Sexual stimulation can take place on a number of fronts. Most people think immediately of touching the naughty bits here, but there are ways to spark arousal that don't involve physical contact, ways that can greatly enhance desire and lead to hotter sex. Since sexual health is an important component of overall wellbeing, and maintaining sexual health requires keeping the activity fresh, a man can never acquire too many sex tips. The following indirect methods of stimulation will heighten the pleasure for both partners.
Through the ears
Music is a powerful tool for altering one's mood, or that of a lover. Turning on the right song, or sometimes just the right genre, can get a person revved up. While it depends on the person in question and his or her musical tastes, things to try are bluesy rock (such as the Black Keys) or music with sexy lyrics (think "Let's Get It On").
Through the nose
The sense of smell is a wonderful vehicle for eliciting moods and memories. Some tried-and-true scents are known for their ability to relax and even arouse - sandalwood, rose and lavender among them. If a partner wants to really invest in olfactory stimulation, he can track down a scent nostalgic of the first time he met his lover, or perhaps of the first time they made love. Was a candle burning? Was he wearing a certain fragrance? Recreate the moment.
Through the mind
A man may have heard that the brain is the largest erogenous zone, and there's certainly some truth to that. Getting and keeping a lover in a sexy frame of mind can add a layer to sexual desire and enjoyment that one might be shocked by.
One way to engage the mind is through dirty talk. Telling a partner what one likes, what one wants to do and how one feels in the moment can greatly stimulate him or her, as can hearing such things from one's lover. And this can be done long-distance as well, maintaining sexual attraction and connection when lovers are apart.
Another way to tantalize the brain is to draw on a partner's fantasies. Couples can incorporate elements of fantasies into sex play. This can be done through dirty talk and/or the simulation of kinky scenarios like "public" sex; it may involve the incorporation of bondage, submission or other fetishes that send a person over the enjoyment edge.
Through the feelings
Most people can likely attest to the fact that sex with someone they know, like and trust is in many ways better - deeper and more meaningful. Still, when people have been together for some time, they may fall into a routine that grows stale. They can reinvigorate the great pleasure that can come from intimacy by remembering what excites them about the other as a person. This can be a shared interest - in which case getting fired up over a baseball game or delving into an intellectual topic may spark that fire. Or, they may appreciate something about one another that completely sets them apart, like an interest or skill that evades the other. Get invested in the other's interests to keep the other interesting.
While men bolster their arsenal of stimulatory methods, they shouldn't neglect to take proper care of the organ involved in the action when it comes time to get busy. Maintaining optimal penile health will ensure that a man's member remains attractive to his partner while helping to promote proper function into old age. Using a penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) is beneficial in this area. Shea butter and vitamin E serve as potent natural moisturizers for smooth, supple skin, and acetyl L-carnitine helps prevent peripheral nerve damage from rough handling that can lead to decreased sensitivity over time. Keep the member radiant and functional with the assistance of Man1 Man Oil.