Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi SharmaYour feedback matters!
My last period is 24/1/15 .I CHECK pregnant test . Test is positive .I had about this by eating tablet .So give name of tablet. Which is easy to avilable In medical
If some one done sex with safety and ceiling was also not broken then it is possible to get pregnant.
Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and having irregular mensuration. I didn' t get period from 4 months, from initial stage I am facing the same problem. Could you please suggest me some medicine to get my periods on regular basis. Awaiting your reply. Regards
It's been over 7 weeks and I'm not getting my period. I'm sexually active but have got negative results. I've started weight training since last one month. Any idea what could be the possible reason for the delay?
1st day of period is 15.09. 15 and next period is on 15.10. 15 but it did not start and as on 21.10. 15 it has not started and intercourse was done on 17.10. 15 is there any chance of getting pregnant.
My mother has been using pills since last 14 years for periods problems I don't what is it exactly but as I know she had high bleeding problem when periods time. But she used for 14 years almost. 2 years back we been to a doctor for check up and some other issues but we shocked when they said its harm to use those many years for that problem. From that time she never used those pills but still she had problem. My question is there any problem in future because of using those pills for those many years. And as I know from other sources that the tissues of those drugs filled in the body so she may have to face some other problems like body weight sight lazyness heavy sweat etc. So is there any solutions or any procedures to remove those tissues from the body. Or is there any problem if we removed those drug tissues from the body like side effects etc. But she is not too strong and she is feeling lazy early tiredness knee and leg pains etc. Please send me any solutions for this. Thanks in advance.
I am 22years old 3months ago I was diagnosed with PCOD what precautions should I take and was is the treatment for it? It may be life long or cured? In future do I conceive? And my past history - I hv hypo thyroid since 7years using 125mcg?
Are you at high risk of developing a fracture in your spine or hip? read on to know more about osteoporosis.
There is another silently progressing, common disease other than diabetes and hypertension that can cause potentially serious risk to your health in old age. Osteoporosis meaning “porous bones” indicates a condition where your bones become more porous, thinner and weaker due to accelerated loss of bone or reduced bone formation or both. It is most evident in the vertebrae of spine, hip bones and in the wrists.
Thin and porous vertebrae fracture easily. They crumble on their own or due to minor stresses during daily activities like coughing, sneezing, bending forwards. These fractures can be painless and go unnoticed in multiple levels till the spine develops a forward bend and a noticeable loss of height. Or it can cause significant pain and disability, limitation in daily activities and increased dependence on others. A simple slip and fall at home can cause a fracture in the hip bones that can make the patient completely bed ridden. These situations commonly cause depression and general deterioration of health and leads to other risky complications in old age.
Though it is most common women after menopause, it also happens in men above age of 65 years and in those with certain risk factors like liver or kidney disease, thyroid or parathyroid disorders, and certain tumours. Smoking has been proven to cause osteoporosis. Long term steroid intake given for various conditions and medications given for seizure disorders also can cause osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis can be detected easily by a screening test called the dexa scan. Any one above the age of 50 years should consult an orthopaedic surgeon to know if they are at risk of osteoporosis and whether he/she needs a dexa scan. If the dexa scan reveals that you have osteoporosis, you must be evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon and an endocrinologist to look for other treatable conditions that can cause osteoporosis. There are medications that are prescribed to strengthen the bones and reduce the risk of fractures in future. Diet rich in calcium and vitamin d and supplementary calcium and vitamin d medications are also an essential part of treatment.
Although the vertebral osteoporotic fractures commonly heal in a few weeks with bed rest and medications, some of them may not heal in time or cause severe pain and disability. These patients might need surgical intervention. Vertebroplasty is a procedure that involves injection of bone cement into the broken vertebra and can give immediate pain relief. Kyphoplasty is a similar procedure that can restore the height of the fractured vertebral body and reduce the forward stoop in the spine. Open surgery might be required sometimes if the collapsed vertebra causes a compression of the spinal cord or nerves in the spine. Osteoporotic hip fractures and wrist fractures often need surgical treatment for fixation.
Prevention of osteoporosis should begin in childhood. Growing bones accumulate calcium and the calcium in bones reaches a peak at around age of 26 to 30 years. After that age, there is a slow decline in the bone calcium, which accelerates in old age especially in women after menopause. So those who reach a lower peak of calcium in bones by the age of 30 are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis in old age. This means that adequate intake of dietary calcium, vitamin d and adequate exercise from young age is very important to prevent osteoporosis.
Prevention of falls and resultant fractures in those who are osteoporotic is an important aspect of treatment. This needs modification of their living spaces to remove the risks of a slip and fall. Routine exercises and an active lifestyle load the bones and make them stronger and it is a must for all those with osteoporosis and those at risk of developing osteoporosis.
Plums originally originated in the continent of Asia. They are the member of the plant Genus Prunus, which also consists of apricots, cherries, and almonds. One can’t go wrong in adding plums in their diet. Plums have the qualities of being low in calories and they also enable you to meet your daily dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber needs. Some other amazing benefits of plums are :
- Low in calorie content: Plums contain few calories as compared to its portion size, as they are low-energy foods containing 70 calories. There are just 70 calories in two plums of medium sizes. It has been suggested by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Preventions) that when one includes more amounts of low-energy dense foods in their diet, it can help them to limit their total amount of calorie intake for controlling hunger and weight loss.
- Good source of fiber: Plums are very good source of fiber. 2 grams of fiber can be found in two medium sized plums. In average, adults need about 20 to 30 grams of fiber in a day, where most people consume only around 15 grams of fiber. The fiber content in foods can help control hunger. Fiber also helps to add bulk to our stool. It helps to mitigate and prevent constipation. Fiber also has the power to prevent the risks of heart diseases by absorbing cholesterol from our blood stream.
- Low glycemic index food: The calories in plum come from the carbohydrates in the form of sugar. In two medium sized plums, there is about 19 grams of carbs and about 16 grams of sugar. Although plums are high in sugar and carbohydrates, plums are low glycemic index food. The glycemic index helps to rank the foods that contain carbohydrate on how and by how much they affect blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause a brisk rise in blood sugar. Whereas foods with low glycemic index cause a little bit of rising in blood sugar. And also people who eat too many of high glycemic index food has a high risk of diabetes and also heart disease according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Whereas eating low glycemic index foods helps to control diabetes and also helps in weight loss.
- Good source of vitamin A: Eating two medium sized plums can provide about eight percent of a person’s daily need of vitamin A or 400 international units. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, development and growth, immune health, reproduction, and bone health. Vitamin A is also known as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Good source of vitamin C: It is an important water-soluble vitamin. We need a minimum intake of vitamin C in order to make collagen which also helps in healing of wounds and plums are rich in this nutrient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Sweets are cause of acute dental pain in many people who have existing dental problem. This pain may subside by itself or may prolong giving excessive discomfort.
Tip is for those who have had this type of pain previously,
Please keep distance from sweets or too hot n cold substances to celebrate the festival n get the teeth treated at the earliest.
Eat dentally healthy non sticky food n have safe diwali.
After how many days of missed period can you do a pregnancy test at home, & which is the best pregnancy test kit available at chemist?
Sir/madam I am 38 years old. I didn't get married due to my family problems not by any health issues and no idea to get marriage, I am mentally fine my family takes a good care of me. Do I get any health issues in future sir/madam because I didn't get married! If any than what is the precautions.
Hi, I got married 2 months ago and my last date to be on a period was on 17th, somehow it did not happen and my pregnancy report was found positive. Now, I want to know whether this can be avoided by taking the medicine. Would also like to know whether there are any side effects of it.
I'm on birth control pills I was wondering do I start my period on the brown pills? Or whenever I'm kinda freaking out because I have not had it yet this month.
Hii. I'm Sowmya (married) .i have irregular periods (pcod) from 3 years. Last 2 months I got periods regularly. This month periods not came. I took pregnancy test it shows negative. I did not consult any doctor till now. Please give me any suggestions to proceed further any treatment.
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is an extreme type of morning sickness. It is a pregnancy related queasiness and additionally painful at times. It can stop proper intake of food and other nourishments in your system which would affect the growing baby within, as well. Affecting around one to three percent of ladies, HG can lead to weight reduction, lack of healthy food intake and dehydration. In extreme cases, it can lead to unnatural birth cycle and, it can at times, be lethal.
Certain reasons can expand a woman’s odds of having serious morning sickness during pregnancy. Notwithstanding, having a family history of the condition, the following can put a woman at risk:
- The conceiving amount (twins, triplets, and so on.)
- History of motion sickness in general
- A headache or migraines with nausea
The queasiness or nausea can be so extreme at times that it can affect both, the mother as well as the baby. The powerlessness to not being able to eat the proper nourishment makes it difficult for the woman to meet her health and nutrient needs. Subsequently, she may get weaker. Furthermore, lost liquids, combined with the loss of stomach acid that happens during pregnancy, can bring about the lack of hydration and cause a complicated pregnancy.
In case a woman does not get treatment, it can bring about numerous complexities, including organ failure and the untimely birth of the infant. It is critical to talk to the specialist if a pregnant woman has any of the following indications:
- Sickness that continues throughout the day, making it difficult to eat or drink
- Vomiting that happens three to four times each day or losing one’s appetite
- Vomit that has blood or dashes of blood in it
- Weight reduction
- Black out or unsteadiness
- Diminished urine
- Fast heart rate
- Continuous migraine
- Parched mouth
- Extreme weakness
Medications that are normally used for morning sickness, for example, eating dry saltines in the morning might be suggested for women with extreme morning sickness. Treatments for this condition may include:
- A brief time of not eating by mouth to rest the gastrointestinal framework
- Intravenous (IV) liquids
- Vitamin and nourishing supplements
In case it is extreme, the pregnant lady might get a prescription to stop the vomiting, either by mouth or through an IV. The specialist may suggest eating foods with ginger or taking vitamin B6 supplements to mitigate sickness. The following can likewise offer assistance:
- Following a bland diet
- Eating regular little meals
- Drinking a lot of liquids when not feeling nauseous
- Staying away from hot and greasy foods
- Eating high-protein snacks
- Staying away from tactile boosts that can act as triggers
Therefore, morning sickness or vomiting is not always to be taken lightly during pregnancy. One should always consult a specialist when going through the same in an extreme way.