Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshman Das
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshman DasYour feedback matters!
I have been having back pain and palpitations for the last 2 months. I get easily fatigue without doing any heavy work. My hair is thinning out and I have gained weight in this period. My body odour has become strong and I get night sweat. Day before yesterday I experienced profuse sweating which is not normal as I have never been a sweaty person. I get vaginal irritation sometimes and my vaginal lips are swollen. I went to check up two times in different places and took ECG on both. The first ECG said 39bpm regular rhythm and the second said 69bpm Arrhythmia. I also took haemoglobin, thyroid and uric test and all results are normal. But I am still weak and my muscles go numb at times. I get easily tense without much reason and my heart beats faster. I used to be very patient but nowadays I get easily irritated and depressed. Today when I woke up my right eye got blurry vision and its the first time this has happened. The doctor said its nothing to worry about yet I am not so sure as my body still faces the same problems except for the back pain. Please help me understand why all this is happening and if there's anything serious which I should be concerned about.
After waking in the morning my wife feels numbness in right palm almost daily for almost 30 seconds. What should we do?
My father is 64 years old ,6 months back suffered from auto immune encephalitis and recovered, presently suffering from typhoid fever ,he is diabetic and BP patient, Is the immune system is weakened and typhoid is the effect of ENCEPHALITIS? What are the precautions to be taken to lead a healthy life?
My father has age of 55 years. Recently he made an accident as a normal head injury and back pain few days back but now two things are normal but blood creatinine level is rising rapidly. There is no prior symptoms of any type of kidney disease but now he suffering for blood creatinine. What can be the possible reason for that. He is under treatment in hospital and admitted since one week.
I am suffering from epileptic problem. What can I do. I have taken patanjali medicine and English medicine also for 2 years.
As per MRI, I have small 6 mm calcification in right parental love. Please suggest what it is meant? What to do?
Sir I am feeling wide spread pain in my body. Specially more in my both side of neck, shoulder, arms ,& both side of thoracic spine (inside under my ribs).&both d legs. I also feel constant dizziness, feeling fainting, throbbing pain inside head, sever headache, problem in balancing & concentrating &uneasiness all time. Tingling &numbness &cutting sensations all over body & explosive gas etc. What shall I do. please guide me .regards.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles, and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Sleep has two component: REM sleep and non-REM sleep. Both are required insufficient duration for proper effective sleep. Most effective and healthy sleep time is between 10PM - 3 AM. Going early to bed and rising early helps you maintain a healthy body and mind. Otherwise, there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep.
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of having a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven't eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Increase the risk of hypertension: There is Blood pressure drop in deep sleep which is required for maintaining normal blood pressure. Patients who are hypertensive and not able to sleep properly will have more chances of having increased blood pressure despite taking medicines.
- Results in Poor Memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your Heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%. It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!