Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. L P SharmaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am a 31 years old male and yesterday after periodic health check up, know that my blood sugar and cholostral level is mild high. So please suggest me any exercise, diet or medicine that can control it ?
She is having some chest pain like for a period of time. It occurs time to time. I don't know whats happening. Is she having a gastric problem or what? I can't figure it out.
Is there any medicines in homeopath and in ayurvedic to get rid of heart blockage? Experience opinion is highly solicited and also a common dosage.
For the past 5 days now ive been having a very sharp pain when sitting up or moving. This is around my heart where the pain is, I have to sit still for at least 10 minutes before this pain eases off, I have to stay in a certain position otherwise I get the shooting pain, please could you tell me or give me an idea of why im getting this?
My friend suffering low bp (100/60) n giddiness with more hunger she had exams so she got tension please suggest me home remedy n ayurvedic and allopathic medicines wt is reason please suggest me.
Hello sir, I have a deep pain in the right side of chest while eating ,breathing also it is soo paining I can't eat and drink also I want to know the problem.
Recently my father was admitted in hospital and suspected for heart disease and he has undergone angiogram and doctor told that he has 50 to 60% two vessel disease his lcx has 80-90% tubular stenosis and he told that v can manage medically and no surgery is needed my father age 64. Is this is any serious condition need surgery. Kindly clarify me He is currently taking following medicines Angispan Tr Lipikind 40 Flavedon Mr. clopilet 150 Metformin Daonil Atenol amlodipine.
I feel my heartbeat in one part of head and feel so much of disturbance. Is my carotid atrery blocked. Actually some dear one died last week. Till then my blood pressure is not at pace. When I give my attention to this it rises more with more disturbance in head. I feel like someone is sucking blood inwards fron one part of head. So please give some suggestions for I have to start +1.
The neurologist has prescribed aten-50, cilacar-10. Rebiprazole-20, revortril0. 5 & rejunex cd3 for me for shaking of body and hypertension. Please Advise me are these medicines appropriate?
Hello doc I want to know if there a high blood pressure attack at home then which is best home remedies that one can take to lower blood pressure instantly and also give your suggestions for high pulse rate you can also prescribe a medicine.
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.
Sir, today I have read in newspaper that to control blood pressure dark chocolate is advisable. But I am having cholesterol problem also. So, is it advisable?
Hi I am suffering from heart pain I am taking medicines also but I am feeling not better so suggest me. I am a heart patients.
Our survival is solely reliant on the working of the heart. It is this that makes the prospect of a heart failure so fatal and so terrifying. Notwithstanding what the heart evokes, a heart failure is not indicative of a defunct heart; but only a situation when the heart pumps weaker than what is generally deemed as natural. Consequently, the blood flows at a slower rate to the heart and the body that in turn increases pressure in the heart. The oxygen that is produced by the heart in such a scenario is scanty and insufficient for the body.
body responds with its own defense mechanism, as the heart, in an attempt to hold more blood, stretches its chambers. Though this strenuous effort may keep the blood moving, it would gradually and inevitably weary the heart with all the effort. Subsequently, the kidney responds by retaining more salt and fluid in the body. These fluids may accumulate in different parts of the body, mainly in the legs, feet, ankles leading to congestion in the body. This very condition in medical terminology is referred to as congestive heart failure.
Different causes can contribute to the onset of such a fatal condition. Some of them are
- Coronary artery disease: In such a condition, the arteries supply insufficient amount of oxygen and blood to the heart. Subsequently, the heart receives scanty amount of nutrients and oxygen.
- Heart attack: The sudden, unanticipated blockage of the coronary artery and the ensuing stoppage of the flow of the blood lead to a heart attack. The heart muscles are damaged in such a case and prevent the proper functioning.
- Diseases: Though the term may be generic and over expansive, most of the ailments which people suffer from tend to manifest themselves by posing a potential threat to the functioning of the heart. A high blood pressure, kidney disease, even a thyroid disease can cause congestive heart failure.
Every disorder is preceded by certain symptoms, and congestive heart failure is no different. Some of them are
- Fatigue: This is one of the most perceptible symptoms of congestive heart failure. One of the earliest premonitions of an impending heart failure is a nagging sense of weariness and lethargy.
- Swelling: As the condition is characterized by accumulation and build-up of fluids in various part of the body, swelling is an inevitable symptom of this condition and a clear indication of the ailment.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.