Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. L P SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 38 year old weight 110. Yesterday night during teaching to my 5 year old child a shouted a lot and after some time I felt uneasy for some time and some minor pain left side during breathing. I checked my my Blood pressure today afternoon it was 155/89 (although it was always normal in earlierdays) I doubt any heart related problem may be any signs of a heart attack, kindly guide me what to do now.
I have from 2-3 years acidity problem. I don't sleep in night. So pain in chest in stomach. So please me treatment.
I have done lipid profile. My T. Cholesterol is 210. Tg is244, hdl is 44.3. Should I take medicine for it or walk and diet pls suggest.
I am a sugar patient .My P.P. Always remains in between 250 - 300 Fasting is 175 . How to get rid from this since I have problem with my foot I cannot go for brisk walking What is my remedy?
I suffer from restlessness at the time of sleep. Heart beat suddenly increases. It starts feeling like a mild earthquake is occurring as body shake a little. I had ecg done 1 month ago reports were normal.
Recently, I have got checked my lipid profile. The readings are LDL-52, HDL-17, Triglycerides-54, Total cholesterol-88. What do my numbers tell? I daily spend around 3-4 hours in exercise, eat healthy food and do what not. My question is. How to improve my HDL, which is quite low?
Full body pain. Diabetics, cholesterol, weak eyesight, chickengunia two years ago. Age 60 years recommend home medicine.
Sir my age is 29. My blood group is b positive. My fasting sugar level is 106. I am suffering from palpitation last 4 months I have consulted to cardiology dept rml Delhi. ECG and echo report are normal please suggest me what can I do.
Sir, I am 58 years old and hba1c reading is 6.9, I take the falling medicines glycinorm m 80 0-1-1 glyree 2 1-0-1 my question is, my fasting readings are always above 165, my random readings are less than 145, I would like to know the reason for this, do you suggest change of tablets. Regards.
How long I take medicine? what are the side effects? is long-term use harmful? how to control my cholesterol?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.