Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. L. MadanYour feedback matters!
I am engineering student. I can not remember what am I study so please tell me precaution Of this problem.
I have disturbed sleep my eyes around is blackening , I have thoughts of sex, how can I get better sleep.
Even if you try to stay happy always, at times it is hard to keep depression at bay. Being depressed can not only make you feel hopeless, less energetic and helpless, but can also adversely affect your mental and physical health. Depression may also disrupt your daily work. So, it is absolutely essential for you to overcome depression before it becomes severe and persistent.
The following ways may help you to deal with your depression in an effective manner:
As depression affects your mood, the common tendency will be to alienate or isolate yourself. But, you must realize that locking yourself up in a room and refusing to communicate with others, can never help you to overcome your depressed situation. You will feel like spending time alone, but avoid doing that and instead connect with others. Make new friends or meet up old pals. You can also spend time with your family members or try and stay connected with others through social media.
While you are depressed, you will not feel like working at all, even the things you love doing will appear to be monotonous. You will be feeling lethargic. But stay away from laziness and set new goals for yourself. Start by setting small goals for yourself that you can easily achieve. This will boost up your confidence and prevent you from feeling worthless.
The common tendency during depression is to skip meals and not getting enough sleep. Try to avoid this. Eat healthy food and try to get some sleep. Before going to bed, you may consider reading or listening to instrumental music to help you to fall asleep.
- Get yourself a new pet. You can engage yourself by playing with your pet or learning new ways to deal with them during your free time. This can also help you to distract yourself from the disturbing thoughts.
- You may also consider learning something new. You may learn a new instrument or a new language. This way you can keep yourself busy.
- Try to take new responsibilities or volunteer for some good cause. This will make you confident and also help you to feel good about yourself.
- Practice yoga or meditation. This will help you to calm down from within and stay more focused. Also, avoid negative thoughts even if they keep coming back to you.
- Avoid darkness for few days. Switch on the night lamp while going to bed at least for a few days. You may not feel good with the light always on and prefer darkness. But, avoid that as much as possible as this will help you to keep away your negative thoughts.
- Most importantly, never give up and try all possible means to make yourself happy again. It will be time consuming but avoid getting frustrated. Inspire yourself and try till you get over your depression completely.
If nothing works for you and in spite of trying everything you are still unable to get over your depression, feel free to seek help. You must visit a psychiatrist and ask for professional help.
I am a 26 years old male, recently experiencing lack of concentration. Everytime I sit to study or doing some presentation my mind gets distracted easily. Its affecting my joblife as well as personal life. What should I do to stay focused?
I am a man of 56 years, I have some problem related to my mind. I feel irritated, annoyed and sad all the times. My family supports me but now I feel they are tired. I am taking tab Serta 50 a day for the last 6-8 years. Pl help.
Hi nowadays am not interested in anything feeling confused always negative thoughts comes on my mind my hubby is a very strict person he spends little time with me he always used to watch TV at bedroom too he has no personal words to say with me at bed time no loving words no romance always he shouts me on simple matters lost intimacy with him I started to hate him now days I hate talking with others am stopped loving him waiting for him not even ready to wait for his phone calls those things made me feel badly fed up with my marriage life only think i do with interest is using social network who ever talks favor for me at social networks am getting impressed on him those thoughts make me more depressed abt my marriage life .Please help me to get back to my marriage life.
Is smoking hookah once or twice a month harmful? Read on Google that it is like smoking 100 cigarettes. So need a clarity over this.
When you think of bed, what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, sleep and sex are probably the first things you think of; however, your bed can be used for more than both. It can be a place where you and your partner can unwind and grow your relationship through talking.
Pillow talk, as many couples affectionately call it, is such an important part of a healthy relationship. Talking to your spouse before you both drift off to sleep can be extremely intimate, and there doesn’t have to be any intimate touching involved.
How to overcome the negativity given by other people who constantly want to make U depress. Should I fight always, it spoils my mood or what should I do to avoid depression.
I am 28 years old male and my brain memory is weak, so give me advise for memory weakness tablets or other tips.
I have failed my ca exams last year since that. I felt depressing. Please help me. What should I do to come out from this?
I am having a voice problem the words spoke by me could not be understandable to the another man to whom I answered it is because I have paralysis 3 years back which I recovered but the voice is not proper.
Dear sir, I have been addicted to chaini khaini from last 2 years. I self control to leave it to max one week later it becomes again the same. Please let me know how to completely leave it. Please help.
Depression is a clinical, mental, and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per WHO, and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments. Depression is also connected with food and nutrition. Do you want to know how?
Read on to see the three ways in which food and depression are connected.
- Severity and Duration: Depression is a mental illness that signifies an imbalance in the hormones and the emotional faculties in the brain. Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the brain and body in prime working condition. When a depressive state sets in or becomes emotionally rooted, then nutritious eating and a proper diet take a back seat as the patient succumbs to a state where he or she is not concerned about the food intake. As a result, the brain and hormonal balance get further affected. This can have an adverse effect on the severity and the duration of the depressive mode, which makes it all a vicious cycle of sorts. Poor appetite, not having proper meals, skipping meals, eating junk, avoiding social settings where food will be served, and even emotional eating are all outcomes of depression too.
- Eating Disorders: Many patients who have eating disorders often experience deep rooted and chronic depression. Since despondency and hopelessness are the main characteristics of depressive behaviour, the outcome is that the patient tries to behave in a way that seeks approval. And in all this, the patient usually thinks that he or she is not 'good enough'. In such a scenario, the patient may start trying out fad diets and eventually fall prey to eating disorders like Bulimia that make the patient overeat and then vomit. These eating disorders usually come with phases of binge eating, throwing up, starving and then repeating the cycle again. Eating in secrecy is also a symptom of this condition.
- Nutrition to Fight Depression: Nutrition and proper food intake can build a sense of resilience by first of all improving the overall physical condition of the patient. This can take care of a lot of angst even as the minerals and vitamins travel to the brain for better functioning in the long run.
Ensure that you eat right as a part of your therapy for depression. This is as good as taking your medication on time.