Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. L.K. SahgalYour feedback matters!
What can be reason of light black lines forming I teeth of 9 month old baby. How can we get rid of it.
I have ulcers in my mouth and white patches inside the mouth. How could I get rid of them completely I am ready to do anything for that thing!
I have a severe toothache and a cavity, it pains alot and it is mostly nocturnal, what do I do? Please help.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.
Bad smell came from teeth & also blood dysentry from teeth when brushing, & fingure pressure.Please help
Hello Doctor. I m 19 yrs old n I feel a little bit sensitivity in my teeth. What is d soln to dis Natural remedy will be preferable.
I am daily drinking hot water from morning with lemon then after food and between free time too, here my doubt it will be any problem in future for my teeth. Please help to update the same and if any.
My age is 20 years and now one teeth is growing and its getting pain since last 15 days. What should I have to do?
I am suffering by multiple mouth ulcers. What I will have to do to make myself free from this serious decease?
My teeth are yellowish in colour after changing so many pastes also I have not found any cure. Please guide me. Another query is that I am having a back pain problem while traveling and sleeping what is the best cure so that there will be no more pain. My legs also get paining at night several times. It might be due to insufficiency of calcium in my body.
Helo doctor I have some pain on mouth internally it's not a teeth problem. Doctor said. Give me advice.
My teeth are not proper. Three of my lower tooth (milk teeth) were gone and never came back. And one milk teeth is still exist. And two lower tooth are grown crossly and sharp both are in the same way. Upside also some r small and some r big and people says we have 32 but I have only 28 and in that I don't have 3. It mean I have only 25. What should I do. Can I go for dental surgery for neat and straight teeth? What would be the reason behind it?
Eating a piece of cheese after a meal helps in pulling away some of the plaque and leftover tiny food particles from meals. And since it contains calcium, it adds to the health of teeth and bones as well.