Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L K Malhotra
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. L K MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old male. And have a migration since 1 year both legs are very weak .what should i do ?
Iam 30 year old female and I have been suffering with carpal tunnel syndrome since 5 months. Iam using medicine which is suggested by neurologist but still iam having pain in my wrist and in three fingers. Is this paralysis simtom r what. please reply me with a good suggestion. Thanking you sir.
My mother'age is 55. She suffering from migraine since 10 year back.? What is the accurate treatment for it.
Hi doctor I wanted to know why migraine happens and how long medications have to be taken and is it harmful.
I hv been suffering from cyclic vomiting (migraine) from last 6 to 7 years I m taking medicines and also take proper care of my diet but there are no such good results so plzz suggest me something so that I can get rid off this problem as soon as possible.
It is important to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!