Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. L.D SotaYour feedback matters!
My eyesight is very poor. I'm having pain in my eyes and I don't able to focus on a particular thing for long time and also feel irritation in eyes. I have gone to many doctors but condition is same as before. Please help me.
I have puffy eyes it so look ugly & old, what ointment or any other medicine to cure puffiness of my eyes, so please suggest me for good result in a few weeks.
I have were a lens. So it is better to do lasik operation n after it we will be have same disorder again? In future.
Sometimes she get eye pain when working on computer and sometimes when she sleeps, Thus I purchased a "Himalaya ophthacare Eye Drops (10 ml) Relieve Eye Pain, Redness, Itching, Irritation, Conjunctivitis and Watery Eyes" Is it safe to use and does it will work for her eye pain?
My father-in-law left eye has influenced. Water flows continuously from his eye. Please suggest right treatment.
Hello doctors, I just wanted to know that contact lenses are comfortable/suitable for eyes or not? does it harmful?
My eyesight has been stable for the past 15 years. Although now I feel that my eyes are always stressed. Even washing with water gives temporary relief. Even when I get up in the morning, my eyes feel heavy, irritated and stressed. Closing eyes bring relief, and I feel like I should keep my eyes closed all the time. I don't watch tv or use laptop for extended periods. Mobile use however is extensive. I'm not on any medication currently and have no history of any disease. Please suggest the proper course of action.
Hello Sir/Madam I am a computer engineer and work constantly on computers, thus I have this headache and burning eyes frequently, pls give me some solution to this, as I can not leave my work and still want to get rid of this illness. Thank you.
I have spects since last 6 years. I want to get rid of them. Please suggest any physical or mental exercise to reduce the eyesight.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.