Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L.C.Digani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. L.C.DiganiYour feedback matters!
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am suffering from joint pains. Mainly my fingers of hand and knee are paining. The pain sometimes become less. I can't move my index finger. What should I do. Thanks in advance.
My lips are getting darker day by day. What should I do to lighten it? Please suggest a good and quit remedy.
My problem regarding to hair loss is genetic I think because in my family my father uncle also suffers from hair loss but I just 28 age and how I prevent it, my hair are too weak. Thin and silky my friend suggest me to used Nizoral Shampoo, it is useful for me? And how I prevent my hair from hair loss?
I'm working as sales officer in Tw loan department. Where I suppose to set in showroom where I has to approach customers to take bike for loan. I had to do back office work like filling loan application form and all agreements and get it ready and finally I have to go to branch for file disbursement I prefer going branch by walking hence it might cause me leg and back pain. And while going home I prefer bus I always stuck in traffic in sakinaka. Because of that my leg and back pain start paining more. Whn I reach home I became were dull I don't have any energy so how can I get energy and relief from leg and back pain please suggest me as soon as possible. Consider my age to I m just 23years old.
Keto diet foods are very much in trend today. We at Live Life More Diet Clinic, have tried to suggest few Keto diets plans, especially keto diet for Indians, who are majorly vegetarians. These foods are the meal plans that set our body into the state of “ketosis”.
A diet with low carbohydrates, moderate proteins & high-fat content, has been proved to be very helpful in various conditions from epileptic treatment to anti-obesity or weight loss. It is believed that while on ketogenic or low-carb high-fat diet plan, our metabolism sets our body into the fat burning furnace, resulting in weight loss. More ketone bodies are produced which act as fuel for the brain and also improves the physical performance, thus, are used for athletes to provide them with more stamina for practice.
WHAT IS KETO DIET?
As it is also referred to be a low carb diet plan, thus, precisely, a diet routine using fats as a major source of energy for the body is called a ketogenic diet. There are a number of forms of KETO diets like Atkins, Paleo etc. But in strict sense to set the body in ketosis following must be the macro composition-
- Carbohydrates – 5 percent.
- Proteins – (20-25) percent.
- Fats – 70 percent.
Thus, for 1600 kcal KETO diet:
- Carbohydrates – 20 g/ day.
- Proteins – 80 g/ day.
- Fats – 130 g/ day.
How does KETO plan work as anti- obesity diet, which helps in weight loss?
KETO plan feeds lesser carbohydrates in a day.
- Using fat as a fuel, letting body enter the state of ketosis.
- Ketosis is breaking down of stored fat in the liver to produce energy. Thus, the stored fat will be used and you lose weight.
- As the fat will not be deposited in the body, you will become leaner and healthier.
- Finally, with a lesser fat deposit in the body, you will be saved from many other harmful conditions like heart diseases, diabetes, cholesterol levels etc.
KETOGENIC DIET AND WEIGHT LOSS
A number of times we scroll on the web in search of the food plan that can help us understand that what foods can be used in KETO plan. But mostly that we get into our vision are the products that we Indians are not using in our diets. So, here is a sample of some useful tips that can help you choose wisely from the variety of eatables to get benefitted by the Indianized KETO foods for vegetarians (as veg eaters consume more carbs then non- vegetarians).
GOOD DIET FOODS FOR KETO:
|Protein sources||Fat & oil sources||Low carbs
|Pumpkin, Chia Seeds||Coconut oil
|Tofu||Flax seed oil||Spinach||Hard full fat cheese||Avocado|
(whipped & sour)
|Pista, Cashew||Cocoa butter||Onion||Yogurt|
|Almond flour||Peanut oil||Tomato||Cream cheese|
|Soya flour||Ghee||Broccoli||Coconut butter|
Sample Keto Diet Meal Plan
- Paneer or Soya Patties -2.
- Tofu salad – Toss 3 cups of lettuce, crumbled tofu, tomato with 2 tbsp. Mayo.
- Yogurt with chia seeds.
- Strawberries smoothie with whipped cream.
- Baked broccoli & pepper with 2 tbsp. of olive oil with soya roti coated with ghee.