Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L.C.DiganiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am RAM lakhan from Patna. I am suffering from my pimples problem from long a day I become large. Although I am taking medicines for my pimples bt there is no any reaction on my face please helps me.
I would like to ask you how to increase the quality and shine of my hair. I have a silky hair. It is getting too life less off late. I am 27 years old.
I am 19 years old and my height is5'2" and my height is not increasing from past five years what should i do
I have hair loss problem and I want a treatment. Need suggestion which treatment is better like hair transplant. Or prp for hair fall.
I am 28 years. Old and my height is 160 cm. And weight is 48 Kg. How to increase my weight? I have asthma problem from my Childhood. Suggest me some diet chart and other related activities and rules regulation I need to follow to be healthy as per my age and height.
I am suffering from migraine from past 5 years I am taking pills every day regularly but still the intensity of the pain is increasing day by day. Please suggest.
Hi I have just done with right knee ACL surgery. Can you help me out daily routine precautions Surgery done on 15 october 2016 When can I start to drive Can I go for alcohol drinks.
Hello doctor, Iam 24 years old male. A doctor friend of mine advised me to have vit B complex tabs for 1 to 2 weeks, 1 tab a day. He advised that vit B complex is very necessary for diabetes and development of blood platelets in the body and that this vit is not harnessed in the body and its btr to these tabs generally after meals 1 tab a day. So I hv brought BEPLEX FORTE tabs which is of 260mcg. But I wanted to clarify from another doctor if its okay to have these and also about the dosage and also if these are okay for my mom she si 52 years old than in advance.
I am losing hair quickly and have tired all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case.
Related Tip: Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin's Aging?