Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum SareenYour feedback matters!
Hello Pl tell me about menstrual cycle which days we can meet to conceived. We trying to our first baby.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- You and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- You are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have burning sensation in my vagina which increases during night. There is no redness or no itching. Just some clear vaginal discharge which is more than normal. I haven't had sex from past 8 months, no infections in tests and got myself tested for hiv & other std which are tested through blood sample. I drink 4 litres of water daily, the burning reduces but doesn't go away completely. It has been 6 weeks now. I got myself physically examined too but doctor said no UTIs.
I am 22 year old, I have problem with periods, every months getting 2-3 before due date , please tell me how to cure this, what medicine has to take.
I am 25 years old. Unmarried. I get pain in my right side Brest. But no redness and any other symptoms. Only pain.
I had used sex toys during sex and condoms also. But after having sex within 2 days my vagina is suffering from inflammation and burning. So please tell wat is dis and give proper medicine.
Hi doctor, I am trying to get pregnant but every month I fail. I married 2 years ago. All checkup report is normal. Pls tell me which time I should done intercourse to get pregnant? And what is the signs of ovulation?
I am 19 years old and i've had my first period when I was 13. My periods were normal till I was 18 but a month before I was about to turn 18 the most horrible periods happened to me. First and second day were normal with less pain and normal flow, but on the third day there was no flow but agonizing cramps. I was vomiting, crying and it was hurting like hell. This pain wasn't like the normal cramps which I have during heavy flow. In fact there was no blood coming out. the pain lasted for 3 hours. After that everything was fine. After 6 months the same thing happened to me. And now it happened to me yesterday which was the most painful 3rd period day. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't eat anything because nothing stayed in my tummy not even water. I puked 5 times which was just water (because I didn't eat anything). After 3-4 hours I was fine. But I don't know what am I supposed to do if this happens to me again. What is the reason behind scanty flow and so much of pain on the third day of my period ?
Hello doctor, I am 41 years old lady facing problem of heavy bleeding and white discharge. All my reports and ultrasound are normal. I am taking novex ds' from 1 month. Bleeding problem is solved but facing too much discharge. Thanks.
Water is an essential nutrient that is required by the body to perform its functions. Water is lost from the body due to various factors such as exercise and warm weather so it needs to be replenished on a regular basis.
Here are five reasons as to why you should increase your daily water intake.
1. To repair the muscles in the body - Water is vital to the muscles in the body as fatigue can set in due to the fluid imbalance in the cells. The muscles' performance is thus impaired to a large extent. Increasing fluid intake during and after exercising is recommended to keep muscles healthy.
2. Proper skin care - Lack of water in the body may be reflected on your face in the form of dry skin and wrinkles. Drinking enough water also prevents fluid loss from the body.
3. To allow the kidneys to function optimally - Kidneys function optimally when body fluid levels are normal. Lack of water causes kidney stones in warm weather and impairs the kidney function of regulating body waste.
4. Water helps in weight loss - Eating water-rich foods such as cucumber and spinach can help reduce the binge eating tendency. These food are voluminous foods which are absorbed slowly thus keeping the body full for longer.
5. Optimal bowel function - Optimal drinking of water allows free bowel movement. The fluids combined with fibre help in eliminating constipation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello I am 9 week pregnant and my progesterone level is 13 and in my torch IgG test rubella is <5 so it is harmful for me and my baby . Its my first pregnancy . I take duphaston , susten injection 200mg and susten 400 mg insert in vagina . Now I am very scared about rubella . Please suggest me.
Hi doctor, I am diogonised with pcos. Previously I have irregular period but having exercise my period was regular upto march. Then now its same started. So I m taking normoz and one medicn to have periods. So could you please tell me how to concieve quickly by having pcos.
When to start planning for a baby, I mean during which phase. After period before periods? Please tell me.
We are planning for our first baby. Doctor has advised my wife to take FOL123. Are there any other vitamin supplements that my wife should take. N what exactly her diet chart include. Also how long does it take to get pregnant coz it's the 3rd month since we are trying. For 3 years we have need using condoms. Does using condoms reduce the Chances of getting pregnant. We are 30 year old. Your detailed answer would be highly appreciated. Thanx.
Our everyday activities, our daily routine plays an important role in determining our health. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- Healthy diet: Eating right and eating healthy affects how one performs in bed. A lack of stamina, while sex in many women and men might just be a signal that something is not correct with their health. Eating a diet loaded with fiber, vegetables, fruit, and lean meat lead to a healthy lifestyle. Right amount of carbohydrates and proteins are required and cholesterol and fats should be avoided. These tend to choke the arteries and in turn affect the blood flow down below.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Kegel Exercises: This exercise is not just for pregnant women but also for people who want to boost their sex life. In this one has to contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor in the similar manner when one stops urine. This exercise strengthens the muscles and controls the orgasm.
- Supplements: Sometimes what we eat is not enough to supply the body with the required nutrients, thus supplements are required to nurture the body with the required nutrients. Supplements are often believed to keep the body healthy. VigRX Plus is a known supplement to improve the sex and stamina.
Who says it is difficult to improve your sex life. With these simple points one can try and follow them to improve the sex life along with increased stamina in bed.
Pregnancy is that wonderful and beautiful phase that most women rejoice about. However, many may find it hard to believe that pregnancy can bring with it a condition known as ‘antenatal depression’. This is a common condition in expecting mothers and should not be ignored.
Depression during pregnancy like regular depression is a clinical condition and requires further investigation and management. Pregnancy is related to the female hormones and therefore, mood swings are common (as during PMS and menopause). However, depressed pregnant women would typically have the following associated symptoms too.
Altered eating habits
Altered sleeping patterns (too much or too less)
Loss of attention/ability to focus
Losing interest in activities which usually interest the person
Feeling very anxious
Constant feeling of sadness
Uncertainty about the future
Feeling of worthlessness
It has been noted about 25% of women can get depressed during pregnancy for varying periods of time. Some potential reasons for this are as below.
Strained relationships: One of the most important factors for a healthy pregnancy is a happy relationship, not just with the partner, but with immediate and close family members with whom there is a high level of regular interaction.
Work stress: For working women, a stressful office environment could take a toll on their moods.
Previous miscarriages: This can cause anxiety and depression about possible repeat incident.
Potential complications: If the periodic examinations showed up possibility for complications in pregnancy, the chance of depression in the mother increase.
How it affects pregnancy?
A depressed mother would not be able to care for herself and therefore, the baby may not get adequate nutrition for its development. Additionally, the potential for nicotine and alcohol abuse increases, which also negatively impacts the baby’s growth. There could be low birth weight, premature birth and developmental delays after birth.
How it can be managed?
While the hormonal changes during pregnancy causes mood swings, diagnosing if it is depression is important. A consultation with a psychiatrist may be required for some women.
Some of the options available for treatment include support groups, individual counseling, and medications.
It is important to understand that this is a common condition and you are not the only one going through this. Talking to other women who feel depressed can help in mood uplifting of all involved.
If you are too shy about it, individual counseling could be the next best thing.
Stress management including light exercise, music, meditation, rest, diet, and support from close friends and family are highly recommended.
- Since most antidepressants would reach the baby, it is advisable to avoid these less you need them as a last resort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
There are a number of digestive problems that can affect a patient, depending on one's diet and daily routine. Indigestion, acidity, loose motions and even constipation are some of the common ailments and conditions that many of us experience. Obstruction in defecation is also one such condition that may be caused by consuming certain kinds of food or due to the digestive health in general. Obstructive defecation syndrome (ODS) is a wide term used to depict the state of patients with defecatory blockage or constipation. These frequently encountered disorders affect 18% of the population .
The condition can be diagnosed by a general physical or a gastroenterologist by using the following parameters:
- Excessive straining
- Incomplete rectal clearing
- Use of laxatives
- Observing symptoms like stomach pain and anxiety, as well as other aches and pains in the abdomen
Besides aches and pains, the other symptoms include the following:
- Fragmented or unsuccessful attempts to release
- Drawn-out episodes in the toilet
- Rectal agony
- Posture problems
Here are 10 tips to treat the problem of obstructed defecation:
- High-fibre diet, and a lot of water and fruits are the most effective and natural treatments of ODS.
- Chocolates and other food items which build stool thickness should be avoided since they make defecation difficult.
- Increase liquid admission and other products like natural products, vegetables, whole wheat and grain.
- In the morning, take one tablespoon of olive oil. It works best on an empty stomach, so have it before anything else.
- Consume one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Begin with moderate doses in case you don't like the taste of it. Eventually, you can add some warm water or tea to it to weaken the taste.
- Mix one tablespoon of flaxseed oil with one glass of squeezed orange. You may consume it as and when required to avoid dehydration and subsequent obstruction.However,one needs to give it at least five hours to begin working. It will begin to show results only after a few hours of regular consumption.
- Aloe is not only good for minor cuts but also in reducing stomach aches. It's best to utilise aloe vera gel that has been directly extracted from the plant.
- Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It's staggeringly flexible, and does its work 95% of the time. It works extremely well for blockages.
- Drink one glass of prune juice in the morning and one during the evening to diminish obstruction.
- Dandelions may merely look like weeds, yet you may see them differently after they relieve your clogging.
Massaging to your head with suitable oil
- It clears the block in the energy channels that cause a build -up negative energy.
- It increases energy level, alertness and concentration.
- Wonderful relaxing therapy.
- It gives relief from pain, stress, insomnia, tension and tiredness.
- Helps to reduce the stiffness of muscle.
- Reduces physical and mental fatigue.
- Improve the circulation to head, neck, scalp, face shoulder area.
- Relieves a headache and migraines.
- Stimulate healthy hair growth.
- Prevent hair fall and graying of hair.
- Anti ageing -relax facial and eye muscles to make you look younger and healthy.
- Key to increasing eyesight.