Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kusum Sahni
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum SahniYour feedback matters!
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor. Can you please inform me about a query. I got intimate with my bf two months ago and we did not have sex even penetration and he did not have his ejaculations. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? I am facing continuous nausea and indigestion and gas recently and I am worried.
I am 25 years old female. Got married last july, we are planning for a baby and want to know the better chances of getting conceived. Pls note that I am currently employed and need to travel quite a distance.
I want to know is saheli a oral contraceptive just like ipill and unwanted. After searching from net I saw that one strip contains 8 tablets. I want to know how we take theseveral tablets. I mean to say before sex or after sex. Or we have to take these tablets for 21 days or only one tablet after sex.
Mai pregnant hun nd meri due date 18th Sept ki thi bt abhi tak delivery nhi hui Dr. bol rahe hy 14 days wait karne uske baad v nhi hua to scissoring last option hy bt utne din tak wait krna sahi rahega bacche ko to prblm nhi hogi na birth ke tym ya birth ke baad please suggest me bacche ka movement v normal hy.
Today I have also checked with pregnancy kit but it showed omlu strip tat is negative. Pls advise how would I know whether iam pregnant or not as my period has stopped from this dec 8 th till date 15th dec.
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits. It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress. Gaining muscles also have positive effects on obesity, disease recovery, aging and bone density. There are beneficial diet plans that one can follow to build muscle mass and live a healthy life.
Here are some super foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
- Lean Beef - Beef is packed with protein and nutrients such as zinc, iron, and Vitamin B. An 85-gram serving contains 154 calories with increased level of amino acids that promotes the growth of muscles.
- Cottage Cheese - It is one of the most beneficial dairy products to consume which contains protein, Vitamin B12, calcium and other nutrients that help build muscles.
- Chicken - Chicken is another product you can include in your diet that helps maintain weight, bone density and gain muscles. It introduces high-quality protein in your constitution which is required to maintain good health.
- Eggs - Eggs should be a staple in your diet if you want to build muscles. It has amino acids, proteins, Vitamin D and choline, a good kind of fat that is needed to maintain and gain muscles.
The importance of muscles
- Metabolism - Gaining muscles boosts metabolism in many ways. It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and diabetes.
- Bone density - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Recovery from disease - Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Related Tip: 4 ways to gain weight?
Here are some tips to help you out.
1. Never be angry at the same time. If your partner is angry, try to maintain calm and put forth your point when he/ she is in a better mood.
2. Prove your point, but with love. You can make your partner understand your side of the argument with affection.
3. Tell one good thing to your partner everyday. And believe it or not, it makes a lot of difference.
4. Find time to flirt with your partner. It will definitely help.
5. Don't discuss a third person in your bed room. Keep all such discussions for your breakfast
6. Give a helping hand to your partner when he or she is under work pressure and heavy stress.
7. Go on a holiday together at least twice a year. And please do not be the good angle to include anyone else along.
8. Don't dig the past. It is a bad habit to keep reminding your partner of his/her past mistakes. Understand that it really hurts.
9. Don't sleep unless you resolve a fight. Whatever the issue may be. A calm discussion and some show of love and affection can always bring an amicable solution.
10. Be understanding. It is the key to any relationship. Be the person before whom your partner can be most relaxed and natural. Love without being judgmental. It works!