Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kusum Mishra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum MishraYour feedback matters!
High uric acid in the blood stream leads to gout and arthritis. To prevent gout must have a good diet and refrain from sugars, alcohol and food like meat, poultry, seafood and pulses. Uric acid is not eliminated easily from the system and leads to inflammation and joint pains with gout.
- WATER – Water helps in flushing out all toxins so one should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day , water will also eliminate the excess uric acid n the system.
- CHERRIES- Cherries are rich with anti-inflammatory substance which is known as anthocyanins this help bringing down high uric levels. The anthocyanins helps from not letting uric acid crystallize and settle in joints which are the reason for arthritis and gout. Cherries will help reduce its level.
- BERRIES – Strawberries and blueberries should be added to the diet as they have a lot of inflammatory properties which will fight against higher uric levels.
- APPLES – Have one Apple a day, Apple has Malic acid which neutralizes uric acid. Add apples in your diet.
- CELERY SEEDS – Most popular home remedy is to add celery seeds in your diet this is also a great neutralizer for high uric levels.
- FRENCH BEANS JUICE- This is especially given to people suffering from gout as it is a natural neutralizer for high uric acid content and gives relief from inflammation.
- VEGETABLE JUICES- Drink a lot of vegetable juices like carrot juice, cucumber, beetroot about 300ml of these juices should be taken daily. They are a natural neutralizer to high uric levels.
- FOODS RICH WITH VITAMIN C- Foods rich in Vitamin C are great to neutralize high uric levels , vitamin C disintegrates uric acid and forces it out of the body through urine . Guava , Kiwi, Sweet Lime , capsicum , lemon , tomatoes are great source of Vitamin C.
Hello Dr. M going through white discharge n during menstruation, I get a severe pain. Is it normal. M 16 years old.
What is the best way to get pregnant? We've been trying from last 7 months but couldn't succeed. My wife's cycle is irregular, it comes normally 6 days before and there have been months where it came 10 or even 12 days before. Does it make any difference?
After abortion 9 months have passed, breast milk was stored and clotted it became hard in breast, It was so paining now what to do?
Hi, if am ovulating on 12th day of my periods, then will it be a successful attempt if I try to conceive on 14th and 16th day?
My fiancee is suffering from Endometriosis and is currently under taking ayurvedic medicines. I want a clear understanding of her health, how can she improve. Docs from chennai city preferred.
A woman suffering from PCOS must have two of the following three criterias
- Oligomenorrhoea (delayed and scanty menses) and /or anovulation (Hampered growth of Graffian Follicle of ovary ,leading to non- ovulatory cycles)
- Hyperandrogenism (Increased secretion of androgenic hormones in females). It is clinically manifested as increased facial and body hair growth, acne (pimples) etc. It is also revealed in blood tests as increased levels of testosterone, DHEA etc hormones.
- Polycystic appearance of ovaries that is seen in sonography.
- Alteration in Gonadotrophin releasing hormones with preferential production of Leutinizing Hormone (LH ) over Follicle Stimulating Hormone ( FSH )
- Insulin resistance at receptor level resulting in Hyperinsulinemia in blood
- Elevated levels of Free Testosterone and Androstenidione
- Decreased levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin ( SHBG ) Clinical significance
- Irregular menses
- Dyslipedemia ( increased cholesterol levels )
- Development of Type -2 Diabetes in later years of life - Subfertility
- Increased incidence of early pregnancy loss
- Higher risk of pregnancy complications like Gestational Diabetes, Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Preterm Birth etc
- Obstructive sleep apnea etc Treatment
- Weight loss by following healthy diet and bringing modification in lifestyle
- Exercise on regular basis
- Medicinal treatment which include both hormonal and non-hormonal agents
- Surgical treatment which include cosmetic surgeries as well as ovarian drilling
PCOS is a spectral disorder, some women have very mild form while others may suffer more. The treatment options depend on woman’s age, symptoms, marital status, and eagerness to conceive. Regular and long term follow up with your Gynaecologist should be done. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!