Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hai. My 6 months boy baby having severe cough for last 5 days. I gave medicine as doc. Prescribed dat mucolite and of drops. Suddenly last night he feels like wheeze. So doc. Said that must undergone nephlyzz for days. Somebody said that if take nephlyzz for one time then it will be repeat. Kindly ans me. For dat is der any prob and is it true.
I have a baby of 8 months and she got infection in her blood? what are the causes and remedy for that problem?
My 4 years son attained a dinner party yesterday. He is vomiting everything 4 hrs after eating anything. I am giving ondem 7.5ml today in the night and give food after 30mnt of medication. But again he vomit everything after 2 hrs of giving food. Within these 14hrs he vomited 4 times. I am afraid. Please help me any experienced pediatric doctor.
Good Afternoon sir. My son is 5 year old. He has only one white hair which is very thin and short. What might be the reason sir? Is there any problem? Any problem in future? Pls suggest me any solution to this problem.
I am blessed with a girl baby on 26.10.2016. While going to pediatrician on 2.11.2016 for general check up. He found that the baby eyes appears yellow. He advised us to take jaundice test. Test result exhibits that the baby has jaundice and the reading is 18 mg/dl. Baby is kept under blue ray light and she has no fever. Please give some suggestions. We are worrying about our baby health condition.
My daughter is 2 months old she is always crying so I went to podiatrist doctor he told that is common nothing a problem but baby heart beat combined with murmur sound we again consult with cardiac doctor, he check and told nothing baby is normal. Again podiatrist doctor telling after 3 or 4 months completed go and consult with experience doctor what to do so scar about my baby. Note if she is crying turned into reddish colour with nonstop cry.
My son is 3and 1/2yers old. His growth is not seen. He has not eat regularly. So suggest me what I can do.
She has white discharge problem for many years. She has taken a lot of treatment. But she did not get well. She has a child of 7 years old. Now she wants one more child. Is there any problem in getting pregnant. If so please suggest me the right treatment.
My infant vomit after took meal or feed from bottle for two days and his age is 8 months. What should we do?
I have a one month baby and baby's hand and forehead is covered with lots of hair. Please suggest medicine or remedies for removing these hairs
My daughter is 6 yrs old, born premature but always ill in every two months. Cough cold stomach pain viral fever. I consulted many pediatric but no use she is very slim under weight but active. She don't to eat fruits vegetables milk products. Please give me right advice & good health tonics. Thanks sir/ mam
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent.