Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum JindalYour feedback matters!
Recently I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnancy have doing all test got to know I have a vitamin d deficiency and thyroid hypo. Im taking thyroup 25 mcg and im scared of conceiving after having miscarriage.
Hey how much time to get pregnant after stopping the oral contraceptive pills I already stopped 1 mnth back and now I am not pregnant yet.
I have sex with my wife during her periods time yesterday. From then her periods is not going normally. Only liquid blood releasing but the clotted is not releasing. What is the problem? Is there any pregnancy problem?
She is pregnancy in 6th month, feels that occasionally urination, is any problem with this. Please guide.
Sir, I want to know about process of test tube baby I am 40 year old and my wife is 38 year old. I have no child.
My Friend Is 22 / F, She Had Sex (Unprotected) With Her Partner On The Day She Was Ovulating it was 31st Aug. Her Period Started From 17th - 21st It's a 5 Day Cycle & It's Regular Mostly. Her BF Just Inserted Once. Just The Tip Of His Private Part. And Removed. Then He Masturbated & Ejected Outside Her. And Later Fingered. So She Is Worried! So Can She Be Pregnant? Or she will get normal Periods as expected. It Was her first instance Please help. Doctors Opinion is much appreciated.
I am very lazy and fat. Whenever I am trying to wake up in morning, my body gets so much of pain. I am working these days. I want to become fit and want to get a healthy and easier life. Tell me possible remedies for it.
My wife is four month pregnant and she is currently suffering from kidney stone. Can anyone help me out for stone treatment which is also safe in pregnancy.
Sir my is pregnant for about 8 months now a days she feel pain in her arms and legs what should be done to get rid from it.
Hello Dr. Good morning .i have period problem. I am a newly married girl. I had intercourse with my hubby for the first tym on 29 th oct n then on 31 oct without any protection. I am not sure what happened during those two days .i have taken unwanted 72 on 4th noverm in noon .then on 5 we have done it with full protection. My before last period date was 13 and last months date was 8 now today is 13 of november .and still I do not get in periods I have checked trice from preganews. First on 5 then on 6th and then on 11th. All.tge results were negative .I m very worried. although I have taken papita n hot things as well to produce heat. Today I have done exercise also. Is prega is the right brand to test from. I am very worried please help me out.
My relative sister is pregnant she have lot of pain and fever so much of weakness then what she to do get healthy and strong is she manage that problem.
My wife is pregnant of 6 months (first pregnancy). Few months back she had pinworm infection, so her gynecologist give Albendazole tablet to treat infection twice a month. From last 3 months she had taken 2 doses in a month. But now I see on internet that Albendazole must not be taken during pregnancy. Sir / Madam please suggest me, how will this tablet effect the baby and have any solution for this happening?
After marriage I had 28 days cycle for 4 months. Then 2 months it was 30 day cycle. This month I did not get my periods for 12 days after that I got my regular periods. I thought I was pregnant. What can be the reason.
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them.