Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum ChopraYour feedback matters!
Hi, me and my girlfriend (18 years old) had sex and she took an ipill on the same day. After a week she s having severe pain and bleeding. The doctor said it's due to the ipill, she s scared that the doc may inform the family. Kindly advise.
I am 26 years old married lady i am suffered from hyperthyroidism and pcod from last 4 years now thyroid is in control and pcod are still there and testosterone levels are also hegh from past one year I have no periods but on july 22 of this year I find some blood drops so on panty and some blood lumps. So my doubt is was it is period I got. Now tell me what should I do to get pregnancy ?
Am 6months pregnancy. Can you suggest me some healthy food items and what I have do for having a normal delivery.
Recently I hd sex with my girlfriend without using condom but I am sure that I did not ejaculated while having sex. So are there any chances of that she can get pregnant?
Good morning Doctor I have married almost 3 years ago my age is 30 and my wife age is 25, past 1 year we are trying for a baby, but till now there is positive result, if I have tried after her periods for a baby means next month in the same time periods will nt be there, on that time we will go and check but the result will be negative, then after 1 week again the periods starts kindly give me a solution for my problem Thank you.
I am currently 35 weeks 3 days pregnant.my AFI level was 12.7 cm on 27th nov 2016.then 13 cm on 21st nov and 16.6 cm on 8th dec.i was also daignosed with gd and TSH m taking 500 mg metformin twice a day.i am worried about my baby's birth defect if there is any as I have heard increased amount of amniotic fluid is associated with this. What should i do?how can I ensure my baby is doing fine.his weight is good 2.5kg.
I am 23 year female and in water type thing come from my vagina my question is these types of characteristics are symptoms of periods? me and my hubby physical contact with last one month pl help me to know that i am pregnant or not?
I had sex using condom 10 days ago and I started facing heavy constipation and bloating. And yesterday was my date of periods but I didn't hav my periods yet. I didn't get my periods today also. Y is it so? Does it mean I'm pregnant.
Dear sir, A gynec doctor suggest to take siphene 50- 5 tab after thir day of period. please help shall we make sex relation ship during having these tablets.
My Breast milk flow is very low. My 1.5 month baby is always Hungary .my milk is not sufficient for him. please give any suggestion or prescribe tablets.
Diabetes has become a modern lifestyle disease. Younger age groups are affected by it, and with changing lifestyles, it is only poised to get worse. While this may sound scary, the news to cheer about is that it can be controlled to a large extent. By making lifestyle changes, altering diet, and improving foot care, diabetes control can be planned effectively. Both the onset of the disease and disease progression and complications can be controlled to a large extent.
Read on to know some changes in terms of lifestyle, diet and foot care to improve diabetes:
- Diet: You are what you eat, so it is advisable that you plan your meal carefully. Eat healthy and you will stay healthy. Include a lot of fiber in the form of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Reduce oils, sugar, salt, white rice, refined flour, etc. Increase unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids. Ensure you get the right amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure ample hydration for the body. Get into a pattern of eating small, frequent meals and avoid binge eating. This goes a long way in controlling sugar levels in the body.
- Lifestyle: Engage in exercise, both to keep your weight under control and to improve the function of insulin. This also helps to keep body fat under control. Talk to your doctor about what routine would work for you. Whether it is jogging, running, cycling, swimming or plain walking, take a pick and regularly do it. Your goal should be to spend 30 to 45 mins every day on brisk walking (at least 5 days a week). This helps the function of insulin and also helps in reducing complications arising from diabetes. If you are a smoker, this is the time to quit – the hazards and the benefits are way too many. A healthy lifestyle with exercise also helps to manage stress, as the exercise helps in stress management and weight management too. Reduced severity of diabetes induces a feeling of well-being too.
- Foot care: One of the main complications of diabetes is known as diabetic neuropathy, where the nerves are affected. There is loss of sensation in the extremities and therefore a blister or a corn on the foot can go unnoticed and continue to grow. This may develop into an ulcer, which may then require extensive repair and heal at a slow pace because of diabetes. Diabetic people are advised to watch and wash the feet regularly, dry it nicely, watch between the toes, keep the toenails trimmed, smoothen out the calluses and corns, and use proper footwear. Go for foot exams once in six months or a year. Any small wound should be attended to by the doctor.
These are some simple ways to combat diabetes, which can be planned into your daily routine.
Sir we have sex 2 days before and today in 3rd day I am getting pain in stomach because I think periods are going to start. Can I take i-pill in this situation since we don't use condom during sex.
I am 20 years and I have miscarriage in 2 week and don't wanna tell my husband please tell me if I prepare for a child aur alse I go to check with my husband does doctor can tell that I have miscarriages.
Dear sir, I am male age 33 and I got married 2 years back and we are trying for a baby but we are unable to get any results. so what should I do further.
I have done with follicular studies today was 11 th day of my cycle my Right ovary at 19.7 x 13, 13.2 x 11 mm, 11 x 10 mm, 10 x 9 mm and Left ovary is 22.8 x 19.7 mm endometrium is 8.8.4 m. Why does right ovary has 4 counts what does it means?
My wife (30+ yrs) is currently in 34-weeks of her 2nd pregnancy. We recently had our Doppler USG, which indicates most of the parameters are normal, except the baby weight (2.1 kg) is a little low & AFV is just adequate, which makes the GA by USG 5-days behind than that of LMP. The radiologist asked to increase her protein intake in terms of food (egg, milk & fish), while the OBG prescribed couple of supplements like 'Proteinex Mom' & 'Rigin plus sachet. Based on the baby's current condition, should she just increase the daily intake of egg, milk & fish or, is it advisable to go for the supplements?
I had sex on 1st with condom and gave her unwanted 72 and had it again on 4th April with condom protection. On 8th april she get light brownish bleeding for 2 times. She has her periods on 19 march and she is not regular in her periods. Is it a symptom of egg implantation? Is she pregnant? Tell me fast.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.