Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kumkum Vatsa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kumkum VatsaYour feedback matters!
She is the best lady doctor available around.Her opinion has been the best out of many other we took.She is kind hearted. And she gives a good listening to the problems.
I am 27 years old female. I am present of 9 month in this time my mouth taste sour, vomiting feeling and stomach pain please suggest me why this type of symptoms.
Hello my wife is 27 years old. We are from India. We have one 3 year old kid. Right now she got pregnant (Last Period start day was Dec 9th). We don't want to continue this pregnancy. We are going to consult the doctor today. But before that wanted to check if this can be aborted with medications or any invasive abortion required? Thanks for your help.
I did unprotected sex today. Is there any contraception pill to avoid pregnancy? 24 hours is till not completed. It can be normally available in medical store?
If somehow the precum touches the outer part or near the vagina. But I had urinated after my last ejaculation. I didn't penetrate inside her. Still I am not sure that I touched with Precum to the outer part or not. So will there be any chance to get pregnant? We did it on 20th of July though her date of having period was on 29.
Can less eating and stress could be the reason for late periods? If yes how much periods get delay in this case?
There are many little things we should know and knowing them can help us so much, as of the benefits of having anzeer is so much beneficial for health.
- prevention of constipation
- prevents colon cancer
- good for diabetic patients
- strengthen bones
- sexual dysfunction
It also helps in venereal diseases also in weight loss. For more tips search for ssohm on google.
I am 19 years old female with recently discovered pcod and have no symptoms other than missed period for 2 months. Ive heard dairy products are good for pcos. Can I drink milk?
If you really want to make yourself physically healthy, you have to check yours mind that is yours thoughts process, belief system and more specific to accept the reality, forgive to those who are in painful list in your mind given you time to time. And keep you away from the worst part of the past. And there are the 8powers god has for us to impart viz power to face, power to fight, power to check, power to judge, power to discriminate, power to cooperate, power to tolerant, and the last power to assimilate. We all are children of the supreme power. If we connect ourself we can achieve all powers from him. Than in this fast pace of life, bitterness and distance taken place in the relationships. No matter money and comforts but almost people haa achieved but peace and happiness lacking utmost every one at the present scenarios. If we really wants ourself physically and mentally healthy. We must learn rajyoga through the positive drill that I am a point of light and peacefull being and so forth so on. Of you like this. Pls contact me I can teach you positive drill. You can do in your busy schedule.
Having a child is one of the best things that can happen to a woman. While giving birth to a child is a very happy scenario, something called ‘postpartum menstrual pain’ can act as a damper. Postpartum menstrual pain occurs during the first period post-delivery. To understand it in a better way, here is a detailed overview that should help you out:
Period after childbirth
Periods usually return after 7-8 weeks of the delivery, provided there is no breast feeding. If you breast feed, then the timing of the period can vary. In some cases, a woman misses out on her periods for the entire duration of breast feeding; whereas in others, the period returns irrespective of whether she is breast feeding or not.
Once the periods start post-delivery, tampons are recommended against. Women who are breastfeeding don’t usually have their periods due to hormonal changes in the body. Hormones that induce periods are suppressed by the hormones which are responsible for the production of breast milk. The entire process of ovulation gets suppressed, thus leading to the absence of menstruation.
Difference in periods
Once your periods begin after the delivery, it will be different from the ones you have had before childbirth. As the body adjusts to the menstruation process post childbirth, one generally experiences the following symptoms:
- Stronger cramps
- Heavy menstrual flow
- Formation of small blood clots
- Pain during periods
Postpartum menstrual pain happens because of the following reasons:
- Pain in the vagina: The childbirth process may lead to swelling and stinging in the vagina. Painful periods will persist till the swelling subsides.
- Contractions of the uterus: Post childbirth uterus contractions are common as it comes back to its regular size; this may be a source of the pain.
- Breast feeding: Breast feeding can also trigger menstrual pain as it results in the release of ‘oxytocin’, which causes contractions in the uterus.
This problem of painful periods doesn't last longer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 35 weeks pregnant and I have severe backaches during nights and is there any remedy for this ? Is this a sign of early labor my due date is around July end.
Do unwanted 72 pill has any serious side effect over body and do this pill will cause any problems in. Future pregnancy?
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
- Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who have had their eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycle which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
- Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
- Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
5 bizarre sex accidents that have happened to real people
These sex accidents have actually happened to real people.
Sex is supposed to be fun, exciting and even relaxing, but sometimes, things might not go as planned.
Things can go wrong when people try to experiment or take risks without being sensible about it. Below are 5 sex accidents that have actually happened to real people.
Vaginal cuts - Small tears or cuts in the vagina are the most common sex accident and it is the direct result of rough sex, without proper lubrication.
Broken penis - Although there aren't actually any bones in the penis, it can still be broken. The condition is known as penile fracture and it occurs when the erect penis sustains the extreme force. A cracking or popping sound, immediate loss of erection, swelling, bruising and deep pain are the most common symptoms of a penile fracture. As embarrassing as it might be for some men, the solution is to rush to the hospital, waiting can result in deep scarring that can alter the shape of the penis and is much harder to treat.
Wrong lubricant - There is only one thing that should ever be used as lubricant during sex - that is a lubricant. Using other substances such as Vaseline, baby oil, cooking oil or toothpaste can result in serious rushes, genital infection for both partners and even poisoning. Check the labels of over-the-counter lubricant as you should also avoid ingredients
Blocked rectum - Far from being an urban myth, this is a highly common and equally embarrassing sex accident. During sexual experimentation, people have inserted all sorts of objects, including candles in their rectum. Depending on the softness of the object, it might be possible for doctors to remove it without causing too much damage. But in extreme cases, it can cause rupture of the anus area.
Blocked vagina - Another point of entry for sexual creativity and experimentation is the vagina. Cell phones, cans, and bottles have been recovered from women's vaginas in various hospitals around the globe.
I am little healthier so I am having lumps on my thigh area and on stomach and back how can I remove those lumps and look more beautiful.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.