Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Kumar GauravYour feedback matters!
Hi, my daughter is 7 years old, she is having problem in pronouncing "sh" sound word like she says cash as cas or show as sow. She pronounce sh as s. Please suggest any medication or exercise to clear her voice.
Free tongue movement in pre-verbal infants influences their perception.says Canadian researchers.
The results showed a teether inserted into the mouth of an infant has an impact on the tongue tip and blade movement influencing speech perception.
Speech perception is available even before infants accrue experience producing speech sounds.
Meri awaz saf nahi becoz bcoz my voice is not clear plzz Dr. Help me what I do For clearance of my voice.
I am 26 year old. I am problem with little bit stammering. I am faced the problem while communicate to another people. Pls give some solutions to cope up this problem.
My kid is 3yrs 3 months old, he is stuttering from last 4 months. We have shown to child specialist they have given a syrup called "piracitam stem" for 2months. But still he is stuttering. Whether we have to repeat the syryp untill it stops.
How should I behave with my life partner? We quarrel regularly for no reason. Whenever she raises her voice I decrease mine. But when I raise my voice she never decreases her voice and in turn barks at me like hell that world gonna end today and we are gng to leave each other. Is there any suggestion to this problem?
My grandson is 20 month as of now he is not speaking nor responding doctors are predicting Autism can you suggest what to do.
Since my childhood 5-15 years of age O got struck with Typhoid for two times regular. After I got ok but stammering occurred and till day it is incurable and most disturbed. Kindly provide reasonable cure if any.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.