Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kumar GauravYour feedback matters!
I have stammering problem since I was child. I talk normally without stammering when I talks to friends or someone I know, but the problem starts when I talk to any strangers or front of many people on stage due to nervousness. It also happens when someone suddenly ask a question. It's really very big problem for me, I just want to overcome it. So if you please tell me what to do, I will be very obliged. Thank you & looking for your reply.
Sir, I'm 20 year old. I have hearing and speech problem from 6 year. I take BTE Aids in both ear from AIIMS, DELHI but I feeling that it's no useful. please help me sir. Thnx.
I am 31 year old , I have clear speech and stammering problem since childhood , till now very serious problem, so give me perfect solution.
Muje stammering ka problem hai? Main t or p ka pronounce thik se nahi kar pata hu. So,what should I do?
I can't relax during speaking. Many ideas come at same time and I am disabled to manage them. Then I get stammering. Can I get rid from it?
Problems that create difficulty in speaking-
I’m an ENT specialist. I served in the army for 15 years, following which I am now in private practice in Vasant Vihar, South Delhi. Today, we will discuss hoarsness, or cracking of the voice or difficulty in speaking.
Hoarseness of the voice quite commonly arises if you have some kind of a vocal strain or a sore throat that has not been adequately treated. Nowadays, we believe that acidity reflux can also cause hoarseness. If your voice has been hoarsed and you are not speaking for more than at least two to three weeks, it is essential for you to have your vocal cords checked and diagnosed because we want to make sure that you are not suffering from any dangerous disease like cancer or some other problem which can spread and which is important for us to treat early.
If you go to the ENT specialist for an appointment, they normally will give a local anaesthetic in your throat and take a detailed look at your vocal cords with scopes which are either 70degreese or a 90-degree radioscopy. Sometimes they will like to do flexible fibre operated laparoscopy which would let them see your vocal cords in great detail. my request to you is hoarseness that is persisting for some time please do not ignore as it could be as serious problem.
As well as health tips are concerned we normally request people to not to speak very loudly not to speak for very long a period at a time. If your throat goes dry while speaking please use some sips or water to moisten your throat. Avoid smoking avoid drinking alcohol and avoid taking chilled water because these can affect your vocal cords in a negative way.
If there is a problem you can get in touch with me via lybrate through the various problems available or call my clinic set up an appointment for us to evaluate you and find out your cause and treat you.
I am a stutterer and also feel a low confidence ,main cause of this stuttering is low level of confidence and anxiety, I am a medical student ,so how can I get rid of this problem?
Hello, my son is 3.3 years old. Till now not yet started speaking. We visited a speech therapist and she told he is having ADHT. please doctors I need a second opinion. What best I can do for my child.
For the past two days my son stuttering during speaking. Is tat common at this age. And pl advise me what I should not do.
My son is artistic, aged 35, no speech, behaviour is like 5 years old, mentally retarded. He takes Trioptal 300 and lonazep in the morning and night. PRESCRIBED by Psychologist. I saw his BP is 92 and 132, can you recommend any pills for BP. Does it BP is due to above medicines. please advise. Thanks.
I am a male 65 Yrs. Of age. I am suffering from Throat infection due to which my voice has become hoarse and I can hardly speak. This ailment is recurring whenever I have excess of lime / lemon or sour flavoured foodstuff or one two many cold drinks especially with ice.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.