Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Kumar Gaurav
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Mr. Kumar GauravYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old male. My voice is not clear and deeper still. I am facing lots of problems with that. My voice starts changing at age of 15 but it is not completely changed and my voice is still coarky. What can I do to change my voice to be more clear and completely to low pitch voice soon.
I an 18 years old boy suffering from puberphonia. I decided to take voice therapy. Did puberphonia completely cure by voice therapy?
My son is 3 years & 11 months old he always repeat what ever we say same thing repeat he always like to watch rhymes he always sings rhymes in home we generally speak Telugu and English but if we say something will not focus at all and is there any problem and required speech therapy and we feel that he is not able to understand how to answer. Please suggest anything wrong in my baby.
Hello sir it's me saurav, sir I am suffered from stammering and it's happen suddenly when I am 10 years old, I am facing lots of problems because of stammering. Can I able to get any solution from you to overcome from it.
When it comes to speech, every child has a different pace of learning. In the first year, they should be able to recognize and respond to their own names and simple directions like ‘come’, etc. By a child’s second birthday, he or she should be able to use a single word or two-word phrases and understand simple questions. If a child’s speech development seems atypical for his or her age, you may need to consult a speech therapist. Some of the things you should look out for are:
- Mispronouncing vowels: Many children have problems with pronunciation. Pronouncing ‘bath’ as ‘baf’ or ‘animal’ as ‘amal’ is normal. However, if they cannot pronounce vowels correctly, they may be having problems with articulation. For example, your child might say ‘coo’ instead of ‘cow’.
- Using only single words: Part of a speech therapist’s job is to teach a child to join words together to create phrases and sentences. If even after your child’s second birthday, they still prefer using single words instead of phrases, you should consult a speech therapist. For example, they may just say ‘water’ instead of ‘i want water’.
- Stuttering: Many children are shy and hesitant of speaking especially in front of strangers. However, stuttering is a more serious problem. This could be in the form of repeating syllables or prolonging words. For example, ‘s-s-s-s-s-stop’ or ‘mmmmmm me’. If this is not nipped in the bud, it could continue into the child’s adult life as well.
- Answering a question by repeating part of it: By the age of three years, a child should be able to understand and answer simple questions. If the child answers a question by repeating part of it, such as answering “do you want food” with “you want food”, it could be a sign of a bigger problem. This is known as echolalia and might be an early symptom of autism.
- Limited vocabulary: Each child’s vocabulary grows at a different rate but it is important to be able to notice an increase in the child’s vocabulary from month to month. If the child uses only a finite set of words and does not catch on to new words, you may need a speech therapist. They can help the child expand their vocabulary and become more receptive to new words.
Other factors you should watch out for include difficulty with pronouns, not being able to follow instructions and understand prepositions and confusion with gender. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!