Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kulbhushan Gangwani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kulbhushan GangwaniYour feedback matters!
My daughter 9 year old suffering type 1 dm last two year we give her to inj mixtard any other option or any alternate treatment.
My TSH level is 11.66 T3 is 117 T4 is 8.3 What should I conclude as TSH is out of range and T3, T4 are well in limit.
Doctor i'm 2 months pregnant according to the Doctor I have gestational diabetes and I have to central sugar intake but me kai baar meetha le leti hu jase morning wali tea me ya fir 2-4 Din chod ke kuch meetha kha leti hu last time mene apna sugar level check kia according to Doctor advice ghar par hi fasting wala 100 tha after breakfast two hours baad 95 aftr lunch two hours baad 133 and after dinner it was 140 m scared is it normal? or agr mera blood sugar level high hai to kitna high hai? me aaj se infact from this moment meetha chod rhi hu and will strict over it but I want to know that kya ye bhot high sugar h? Bhot jyada risk tou nahi h na? me walk bhi krti hu approximately 1 hour ya kbi kbi thoda jyada b please advice me Doctor soon as possible Thanku and regards.
I am 59 years male I keep checking my sugar levels and my fasting sugar used be 70 to 80 and urine sugar nil since many years. Now when I checked this time it showed 126 fasting and urine nil. I am diabetic. There is no family history of Diabetics. Pl give me your advise.
I do urinate frequently and under my stomach do pain me, I have done diabetes test and the doctor said their is nothing wrong with me, please I need an advice.
My uric acid is 6.6 according to the report. I am taking care of my food after that. Should I go for medicine. Because it has started pain in my foot.
I .Meal Planning
- Eat smaller , more frequent meals
- Control carbs
- Ensure variety in diet - whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables daily
- Limit fats - 3-4 tsp/day
- Seasoning tips - use salt sparingly, avoid adding sugars.
II.Practical tips to make you meals healthier
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables- Except for few fruits like banana, mango, chickoo, jackfruit and grapes, and vegetables like potatoes,sweet potatoes , yam . ,both fruits and veggies are cornerstone of diabetes,- gives you vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Eat more whole grains- brown rice, ragi, bajra , jowar,wheat
Use healthy fats and oils- Choose- MUFA's - olive oil, canola oil , less often use PUFA- corn , sesame and safflower oil. Minimise SFA- high fat meat , dairy, coconut,
Choose heart healthy proteins- beans, peas and dals (good source of protein and fibre), Eat fish and shell fish 2-3times/weel, choose skinless, white chicken, nuts in moderation ( almonds , walnuts)
Select low fat dairy products- skim milk and its products like curd, paneer and low fat cheese
III.Healthy breakfast choices
- An egg white omelette with a bran paratha and fruit wedges
- Oats with low fat milk and spirinkling nuts and fruits
- Dalia and veggies upma with a bowl of fresh fruits
- Oats dosa with mint chutney and orange segments
- Ragi porridge with milk/buttermilk and a whole fresh fruits.
IV.Healthy lunch box ideas
- Healthysandwhich - brown bread with veggies no potato, low fat butter and cheese
- Salad warps- mix veg salads in a wheat chapatti
- Spinach and oats paratha,brown rice veggie pulao.
V.Snacking ideas to keep blood glucose in check
- Handful of nuts - 7-8 almonds and walnuts
- Raw veggies
- Vegetable soups
- Fruit bowl
- Cereal chivdabhel
- Wrap- salads,/ rajma with salsa sauce
VI.Choos.e your bevarages wisely
Why is Exercise imp-
- Improves blood glucose control
- Improves energy levels.
- Helps to lose weight and maintain body weight
- Helps in preventing Diabetes complication.
- Improves mental health by reducing stress,
- Strengthens bone and muscles
- You can do flexibility exercise like stretching, yoga, Aerobic exercise(brisk walk, dance, swimming, cycling etc), Strength training,.
Exercise should be performed 1-3hrs post meals, avoid workout at bed time to avoid hypoglycemia. (Do remember to hydrate yourself throughout workout)
Before exercise - make sure your sugar levels are normal - between 150mg/dl- 250mg/dl.