Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kriti TiwariYour feedback matters!
A drastic change in the life style habits and this modern world people face many health issues in their daily life. Obesity is one of the major health issues that most people are affected with.
Obesity or being overweight is a condition characterized by excessive storage of fat in the body. When the body's calorie intake exceeds the amount of calories burned, it leads to the storage of excess calories in the form of body fat. Increased body fat puts a person at risk for many critical conditions such as heart disease, liver damage, diabetes, arthritis and kidney problems.
The most common cause of obesity is lack of physical activity, intake of excessive carbohydrates, fatty and junk food items. It might be even due to pathological or hereditary cause. Ayurveda gives many natural home remedy measures to reduces the body weight and get rid of obesity.
In Ayurveda, obesity is known as Medarog, which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body apart from controlling weight and formation of all the seven tissues - nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment for obesity begins with the pacification of Kapha Dosha. This can be done by eliminating Kapha-aggravating foods from the diet. Next, the treatment also focuses on cleansing of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Salacia Reticulata (Kotahla Himbutu),Garcina cambogia (Vrikshamla), Commiphora Mukul Resin (Guggul) and Nigella Sativa are the commonly used Ayurvedic medicines to cure obesity.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for obesity
- Lemon juice and honey: The best and simple way to reduces weight is drinking one cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in empty stomach.
- Triphala powder: Mixing two teaspoon of triphala powders a natural herb easily available at homes with 500ml of water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Strain the liquid and drink it regularly to burn the excessive fat stored in the body.
- Make cabbage as your best friend: Take one cup of cabbage daily. Cabbage contains tartaric acid and this helps to convert the sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Vyaayaama: Simple exercises are also much essential to be done alone with other remedial measures to reduce the body weight
- Avoid Sugar: Avoid white sugar and starch from diet. Prefer brown rice and other cereals in the diet.
- Control your excessive eating habit: excessive eating of junk and fast foods is the most important cause of obesity. This should be avoided and learn to eat healthy and right food at regular interval. Have only three meals per day. Diet controlling does not mean fasting so it is best advised to have small meal at regular interval.
- Herbs: Herbs like Bibhitaka (Terminalia belericia), amla (Emblica officinalis), Guggul , Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are effective for reducing the body weight.
There are many other naturally occurring items that feature prominently in Ayurvedic treatment for obesity. The key aspect to understand here is that Ayurveda stresses on the natural and easy ways in which one can lose weight without having to undergo mental or physical stress and strain.
Hi. M 28 n mother of 3 yes child. But after giving birth to the child my weight started increasing now m almost 15 to 18 kgs excess. Can anyone help me in reducing the weight.
Sir last night me and my friend get involved in some sexual moment but I doesn't ejaculate inside her vagina so is there any risk. If yes then please tell me what should I do. What pills we should take.
Hello I am a 24 years old female. I was having irregular periods with low flow. Then I am diagnosed follicular ovarian cyst. With following details Uterus is andeverted and measures 7.0*4.5*3.0 cm. Endometrial thickness is 4.9 mm. Multiple follicular cysts of size 5-6 mm are arranged in periphery. Stroma is not hyperechoic and its echogenicity appears normal. Right ovary measures 2.7*1.9*1.3 cm, volume is 4.0 cc. Left ovary measures 3.9*2.2*2.5 cm, volume is 11.5 cc. No adnexal mass is seen. No free fluid is seen in pouch of douglas. IMPRESSION: * LEFT POLYCYSTIC OVARY. please suggest me the treatment and precaution. I ll be really thankful. thanks SO MUCH.
Sir, My wifes breasts are ejecting milk. Though she is not pregnant. Its a white liquid from 1 year. Will there be any problem?
Hi doctor My center of the bikini line is paining constantly. What is the reason for bikini line is paining. My LMP was 25th April. To day I get some amount of bleeding. I think it is period. So due to My periods I get center of bikini line is pain? Generally I am got pain at lower abdomen. To day I am get first time pain at bikini line. What is the reason for bikini line pain. Please tell me.
Hi, I am a 25 years old unmarried female. I have been having watery loose motions (diarrhoea) for the past 4 days, along with nausea and unnecessary headache and lower backache. I have also been taking medicines like norflox 400 and zintec but it's not helping. Everytime I eat anything, I usually have to rush to the washroom. I google my symptoms and somehow I came across lots of articles which indicated that I might be pregnant. That these symptoms might be of early pregnancy. I last had unprotected intercourse with my fiancé on 5th August after which I took an ipill. My dates are usually within the span of 18th-21st days of the month. On the 4th day of the diarrhoea I experienced some spotting too, and I thought that my date came early this month but these spotting were irregular not like periods. I even took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. I am still unsure what is it that's happening. Request you to advice and help me out of this dilemma and discomfort.
There are certain foods that you should be eating on a regular basis to improve your overall health. These foods contain the necessary micro and macro nutrients to nourish your body and allow it to function optimally.
The 7 foods that you should include in your diet are:
- Brown rice: Opt for the whole grain variety instead of white rice, as brown rice contains complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Brown rice provides energy to the body without spiking the blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of trace minerals like manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
- Eggs: A boiled egg is, without a shade of doubt, one of the best superfoods that you can come across. An egg packs a powerful nutritious punch that contains protein, vitamin D, selenium, zinc and copper. Apart from being nutritious, it is an inexpensive source of protein.
- Apples: You must have heard the age old proverb that 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'and it stands good even today with good reason. Apples are good sources of antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber that help in reducing the risk of blood pressures problems and diabetes. Apples are also known to reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the body. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood that contains good amounts of vitamin C, and various antioxidants that help in maintaining optimal functioning of the body. It is also known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium that you may use as a part of fat loss diet. Yogurt also contains healthy probiotic bacteria that promote healthy digestion.
- Fish: Fish contains protein in good amounts, the variety of amino acids content in fish helps in improving metabolism in the body. It also helps in building muscle and losing fat. Fish contains Omega-3 acids which help promote a healthy nervous system.
- Garlic: Consumption of garlic on a regular basis is known to keep the body free from toxins due to its antibiotic properties. The high sulfur content of garlic boosts immunity levels in the body and protects it from common cold and cough.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
How can I reduce my tummy which is increased after my first delivery of child. I am worried about my airy tummy.
Hello doctor. What are The best foods to increase breast milk. As I'm a mother of 4 months old child and there is a lack of breast milk since 3rd month. Help me doctors please.
My wife is 47 year old, she is not interested in sex, is thre any medicine to give it to her so that after taking medicine she feels to do sex.
My wife taking oral contraceptive pill regularly but after 21 days mc is not happened, than after 2 days she taken primolut tablet this Friday & Saturday morning & evening for having mc but still not having mc. So, please tell its going to be any pregnancy sign if so than what we do right now, we r not want baby right now our marriage is happened on 14th May 2015.
Hello! Doc. S Group And Good morning everyone. I'm 20yrs. Old and I have a baby also 0.5years old and I'm also feeding to her so in this situation Dronis 20mg is suitable for me or not and how should I use it./Doges for me. And My period starts from 6 per month.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.