Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kriti JainYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, Yesterday I had my first sitting of rct on right side. Last night I was having severe pain on another side also. (which is also having cavity and rct has yet to be done on that side) because I was not able to eat something more over the pain was so unbearable. So my dentist has done procedure of pulpotec on that side for mean time to eat and to subside the pain. Once the rct on right side has completed then he'll do on lt side. My ques are- 1) is it ok prodecure? Are there any complications or any side effect? 2) he has applied a paste and gum like thing which is quite irritating me in taste (bitter taste) also I feel like heaviness as if it is just superficially attached to my teeth. Sir is it normal? Or when it will get nrml? 3) after this treatment will I be able to eat food on my own choices or not? Still I have to be on semi solid diet? please ans me soon in sequence I am getting very worried thanks for your time and concern.
There is pain in my molar teeth of upper left side of my mouth it is not possible to chew anything with left side.
My teeth suddenly started decaying inspite of I am not having any sodas and sweets and also I have one milk tooth I am 17 still it has not gone and also I have cross bite what is the solution.
Visit/Follow Your Dentist Every 6 months For a Routine Dental Checkup So that Any Progressing Dental Problem Can be Stopped In Its Initial Stage Only.
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.