Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kriti AroraYour feedback matters!
I have swollen gums on my teeth while brushing little blood comes the swollen is not going what to do .
Hello Dr. I am 20 years old. I am having a tooth cavity in last 4 teeth (2-2each side) I pains alot. I am unable to eat hot and cold things whenever I ate them they pains alot and I feel painful sensations. I have never consumed more sweets or chocolates during my childhood. please tell me why it is happening so. Also sometimes I become very irritated due too bad breath from those teeth. I dnt want them to increase and affect me n my personality. Suggest me the treatment. Some of my known have suggested me of root canal or filling I am afraid of pain. My ques are 1) why it is happening? Coz I dnt consume lots of sweets or chocolates 2) a way to get rid off pain and sensitivity 3) can I repair my teeth again as I want to with any natural method? 4) what is the medical long term treatment for this? Will it be painful? 5) how can I improve my breathe? Dear Dr. I'll b very thankful to you for your concern. please help me.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!
My teeth is not in shape. My teeth is out side. I want put bricks in my test. Is brick works on 25 years of age.
Hello sir / madam from many days in am secreting saliva too much while speaking its just spraying a bit much how can I control?
I have wisdom teeth in upper left part, due to that I was getting pain, so I consult a doctor, there told me that should be removed. So it is essential to get extract that wisdom teeth? Or not?
I had an RCT done in my tooth last year. However since a few days I am experiencing pain in the same area. X ray showed one of the roots has not been completely cleaned. Instead of redoing the rct I have been prescribed SENSIGEL paste to apply in the area. Is it ok ?
I have a problem in my teeth. Its bleeding and, swelling always. I think it is payreia so what can I do? Please suggest me some medicine.
I am 28 years old suffering from short breath and weakness from 4 years but doctors of allopathic and ayurveda are unable to identify problem. All the tests are normal from cbc to pft and 2d echo. Recently I noticed too much saliva getting accumulated in my mouth if I don't swallow it than I don't have problem of breathlessness. If I swallow it than the problem occurs. I cannot spit every time as it is coming continuously.
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration as they trigger tooth-bathing saliva which helps in keeping the teeth whiter.